- Slovak agency: Russian spies increase activities in EU, NATO Updated: Jul-03-15 10:31 am
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Slovakia's spy agency says Russian agents have significantly increased their activities in Slovakia and all other NATO and European Union countries in connection with the crisis in Ukraine.
- Czech minister cleared of allegations he was secret agent Updated: Jun-30-15 9:38 am
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - An appeals court in the Slovak capital has upheld a lower court ruling that Czech Finance Minister Andrej Babis did not collaborate with the communist-era secret police.
- At European Games, athletics attracts a motley crew Updated: Jun-22-15 1:36 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - With a vast, brand new stadium and passionate home crowds, European Games athletics offers a near-Olympic experience. There's just one thing missing - the Olympic athletes.
- Celtic, Steaua feature in Champions League qualifying draw Updated: Jun-22-15 6:53 am
NYON, Switzerland - Former European champions Celtic and Steaua Bucharest will start their Champions League qualifying campaigns against opponents from Iceland and Slovakia, respectively.
- Thousands rally against refugees in Slovak capital Updated: Jun-20-15 2:54 pm
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Thousands of people have rallied in Bratislava against what they call an "Islamization of Europe" and to oppose a European Union plan for member states to share the burden of hosting a surge of asylum-seekers.
- Hungary's leader says Hungary will protect Europe's borders Updated: Jun-19-15 2:14 pm
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Hungary's plan to build a 4-meter (13-foot) high fence on the border with Serbia to stop the flow of migrants will also protect Europe, Hungary's prime minister said Friday.
- British PM says Muslims must do more to counter IS ideology Updated: Jun-19-15 12:16 pm
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Prime Minister David Cameron charged Friday that some British Muslims quietly condone the radical ideology of the Islamic State group, prompting accusations that he is scapegoating the large and diverse community.
- Rooney 1 goal from England record, Del Bosque hits 100 games Updated: Jun-14-15 6:02 pm
Wayne Rooney closed to within one goal of England's all-time scoring record on Sunday, while Vicente del Bosque reached his 100th game in charge of Spain with a victory in European Championship qualifying.
- Spain edges Belarus 1-0 in Del Bosque's 100th match Updated: Jun-14-15 4:56 pm
BORISOV, Belarus - David Silva scored to give Spain a 1-0 win against Belarus in coach Vicente del Bosque's 100th match in charge on Sunday, as the two-time defending champion moved closer to qualifying for Euro 2016.
- Europe's leading powers look to restore order in qualifying Updated: Jun-11-15 4:54 am
LONDON - Some of Europe's less-heralded football nations are on a roll in qualifying for the 2016 European Championship - and leaving many of the continent's traditional powers struggling to keep up.