- The Latest: Serbia stops 44 migrants from entering Hungary Updated: May-30-16 12:02 pm
POZZALLO, Sicily - The Latest on Europe's migration crisis (all times local):
- Serbia under pressure from Russia over its EU goals Updated: May-26-16 3:11 pm
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia's prime minister has met with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow amid reports that the Kremlin is worried about the Balkan country's attempts to join the European Union and other Western organizations like NATO.
- Turkish flight to London makes emergency landing in Belgrade Updated: May-26-16 7:03 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Officials say a Turkish Airlines jet on a flight from Istanbul to London has made an emergency landing in Belgrade after an unaccounted-for tablet was located on board.
- Serbia beats Cyprus 2-1 in friendly Updated: May-25-16 1:33 pm
UZICE, Serbia - Serbia beat Cyprus 2-1 in a friendly on Wednesday between two teams that failed to qualify for the European Championship.
- Serbia's prime minister given mandate to form new government Updated: May-23-16 10:09 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia's president has given a mandate to incumbent Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic to form a new government after his populist party comfortably won a parliamentary election.
- Bata Zivojinovic, film star in former Yugoslavia, dies at 82 Updated: May-23-16 9:09 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Velimir Bata Zivojinovic, former Yugoslavia's best known film star who was also popular in China, has died, Serbian state television reported Monday. He was 82.
- EU,OSCE watching changes at Serbia regional broadcaster Updated: May-22-16 11:45 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - The European Union and OSCE missions in Serbia say they have "taken note" of recent changes at a regional public broadcaster that followed last month's general elections and sparked accusations of government pressure on the media.
- Refugees tell of being pushed back into Greece from Balkans Updated: May-20-16 6:59 am
IDOMENI, Greece - Anwar Ismail Murad passed almost effortlessly along what has become known as the Balkan route, heading north from Greece to Macedonia, through Serbia, Croatia and on to Slovenia. He reached there on Feb. 14, when the border was still open, but that's where his dream abruptly died.
- Olympic hopes dashed for former Russian swimmer Vyatchanin Updated: May-19-16 10:04 am
Two-time Olympic medalist Arkady Vyatchanin has given up on his bid to swim at the Rio Games after FINA denied his request to represent Serbia.
- Migrants camp on Serbia-Hungary border waiting to cross Updated: May-18-16 12:15 pm
HORGOS, Serbia - A small tent city has formed on Serbia's border with Hungary where migrants are waiting to cross into the European Union despite border closures and a deal with Turkey aimed at stopping more people coming.
- Kosovo opposition holds peaceful rally, urges govt to resign Updated: May-14-16 10:26 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Kosovo opposition supporters have held a rally urging the government to resign, saying it has broken the country's constitution in deals with neighboring Serbia and Montenegro.
- Kosovo, Gibraltar join FIFA before 2018 World Cup qualifying Updated: May-13-16 7:43 pm
MEXICO CITY - Gibraltar and Kosovo became FIFA members on Friday and will be fast-tracked into 2018 World Cup qualifying, which kicks off in Europe in September.
- Serbia bans 120 people from going to Serb rallies in Bosnia Updated: May-13-16 4:07 pm
BELGRADE, Serbia - Authorities in Serbia say they have banned 120 people from traveling to Bosnia to take part in parallel rallies this weekend of opposing Bosnian Serb political camps.
- NATO official says Montenegro membership means stability Updated: May-06-16 12:09 pm
BUDVA, Montenegro - NATO Deputy Secretary General Alexander Vershbow says membership in the alliance will bring long-term stability to Montenegro, which is the next in line to join despite strong opposition from Russia.
- Slavoljub Muslin appointed as Serbia coach Updated: May-05-16 10:48 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia's Football Association has appointed Slavoljub Muslin as the new coach of the national team.
- Kosovo elected as UEFA member in 28-24 vote Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Kosovo was given UEFA membership Tuesday, and could now be fast-tracked into FIFA and the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Thousands claim vote rigging by Serbia's ruling populists Updated: Apr-30-16 10:27 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Chanting "Thieves! Thieves!," thousands of opposition supporters protested Saturday in front of Serbia's state electoral commission over what their leaders said was widespread vote rigging by the ruling populists.