- Syrian boy clinging underneath truck at Romanian border Updated: Jul-03-15 6:31 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Border police say they have found a 12-year-old Syrian boy and two Syrian men hidden under a truck who tried to illegally enter Romania.
- NATO chief visits site of future facility in Romania Updated: Jul-02-15 10:57 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Thursday the alliance sees no "immediate threats" even as the alliance builds up its defenses to reassure members which are close to Russia.
- Romania Parliament approves new spy chief in blow to premier Updated: Jun-30-15 4:22 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's Parliament approved a new spy chief opposed by the prime minister on Tuesday, dealing a blow to the leader who faces increasing pressure to resign amid a corruption investigation.
- Allies criticize Romanian PM's absence amid corruption probe Updated: Jun-29-15 10:09 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's prime minister, who is facing a corruption probe, has been criticized by his own party members after saying he will stay in Turkey to recover from knee surgery for another two weeks.
- Romanian soccer official charged with corruption, forgery Updated: Jun-27-15 12:45 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Anti-corruption prosecutors have charged Romania's top football official with abusing his position and forging documents seven years ago when he was chairman of a local club.
- Raducan asks IOC for gold medal back from 2000 Olympics Updated: Jun-26-15 10:55 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Fifteen years after being stripped of her Olympic gold medal following a positive drug test, former Romanian gymnast Andreea Raducan went to the IOC to see if she could get it back. She got sympathy, but not the medal.
- US Marine unit to be sent to Bulgaria to reassure allies Updated: Jun-25-15 12:32 pm
BERLIN - A U.S. Marine Corps unit equipped with tanks, light armored vehicles and artillery will be sent to Bulgaria this fall as part of American plans to help reassure NATO allies worried by Russia's involvement in Ukraine, a top commander said Thursday.
- Romanian premier's aide indicted for corruption charges Updated: Jun-24-15 9:46 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - An aide to Romania's prime minister was indicted on corruption charges, including being an accomplice to embezzling European Union funds and illegally offering incentives to voters in two elections, anti-corruption prosecutors said Wednesday.
- NATO working with South Dakota telemedicine hub Updated: Jun-23-15 12:46 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - NATO leaders are working with a telemedicine hub in southeast South Dakota to develop a multinational system that could deliver medical services remotely during natural or manmade disasters.
- Romania's president cautious about pensions for Parliament Updated: Jun-17-15 8:08 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's president says he needs to closely examine legislation approved by Parliament granting supplementary pensions to lawmakers, following criticism of the proposal.
- Romanian leader slams PM's attendance at European Games Updated: Jun-15-15 2:56 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's president says he didn't know the Romanian prime minister would attend the European Games, which most European Union leaders have avoided because of concerns about host Azerbaijan's human rights record.
- Faeroe Islands stun Greece again to claim 2nd qualifying win Updated: Jun-13-15 5:27 pm
The Faeroe Islands claimed a second surprise victory over 2004 European champion Greece in qualifying for the 2016 tournament on Saturday as Group F pacesetters Romania and Northern Ireland drew 0-0.
- Romania wants ally Turkey to join the European Union Updated: Jun-10-15 9:14 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's foreign minister says his country supports Turkey's future membership in the 28-nation European Union.