- NATO chief: 'Broad agreement' to seek meeting with Russia Updated: May-20-16 9:03 am
BRUSSELS - NATO has reached "broad agreement" to seek another meeting with Russia before NATO leaders meet in Warsaw this July, the alliance's chief said Friday.
- NATO formally invites Montenegro as 29th member Updated: May-19-16 2:11 pm
BRUSSELS - NATO invited the Balkan nation of Montenegro to become its 29th member, agreeing Thursday to expand for only the seventh time in its history despite Russia's angry objections.
- Montenegro lawmakers approve government reshuffle Updated: May-19-16 2:44 am
PODGORICA, Montenegro - Montenegrin lawmakers have approved a government reshuffle to include opposition ministers as part of efforts to reduce political tensions as the tiny Balkan nation prepares to join NATO and faces general elections later this year.
- Kosovo opposition holds peaceful rally, urges govt to resign Updated: May-14-16 10:26 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Kosovo opposition supporters have held a rally urging the government to resign, saying it has broken the country's constitution in deals with neighboring Serbia and Montenegro.
- Shouts, skirmishes interrupt Montenegro parliament session Updated: May-13-16 2:34 pm
PODGORICA, Montenegro - A Montenegrin parliament session has been interrupted after an opposition party shouted insults at the prime minister, who they accuse of corruption.
- NATO official says Montenegro membership means stability Updated: May-06-16 12:09 pm
BUDVA, Montenegro - NATO Deputy Secretary General Alexander Vershbow says membership in the alliance will bring long-term stability to Montenegro, which is the next in line to join despite strong opposition from Russia.
- Canadian billionaire sells majority stake in Adriatic marina Updated: May-06-16 10:36 am
TIVAT, Montenegro - Canadian billionaire Peter Munk has sold his majority stake in Porto Montenegro, one of world's largest marinas for super yachts, to Dubai's sovereign wealth fund for a reported 200 million euros ($228 million).