- Moldova: 500 Russian soldiers stage military exercises Updated: May-13-16 7:11 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - Some 500 Russian soldiers and 100 military vehicles stationed in Moldova's breakaway republic are staging weeks of military exercises.
- Ukraine tracks down Old Master paintings stolen from Verona Updated: May-11-16 2:31 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - The 17 precious paintings stolen from a museum in Verona, Italy, including works by Tintoretto, Rubens and Mantegna, have been recovered by Ukrainian law enforcement agencies in what the nation's president hailed Wednesday as a "brilliant operation."
- Moldova slams Russian participation in Trans-Dniester parade Updated: May-10-16 3:01 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - Moldova's government has voiced anger over the participation of Russian troops in a Victory Day parade in the Moldovan breakaway republic of Trans-Dniester.
- US attorney: 2 Belarusians took in $1.35M from phishing scam Updated: May-06-16 12:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - Two men from the Eastern European country of Belarus have been charged with receiving $1.35 million stolen in an international phishing scheme from the bank account of a Pennsylvania oil and gas drilling company, federal authorities in Pittsburgh said Friday.
- 200 US soldiers due in Moldova for military exercises Updated: May-02-16 4:21 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - Some 200 U.S. soldiers will arrive in Moldova for more than two weeks of exercises, in a show of U.S. military strength in the region.
- Moldova PM: reforms must start with the government Updated: Apr-28-16 6:55 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Moldova's prime minister says badly needed reforms in the impoverished country must start with the government.