- Chaos in Budapest train station amid Europe's migrant crisis Updated: Sep-01-15 4:42 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Chanting "Freedom! Freedom!," angry migrants demanded to be let aboard trains bound for Austria and Germany after Hungary temporarily suspended all rail traffic Tuesday from its main Budapest terminal and brawny police forced hundreds of migrants out of the train station.
- The Latest: Trafficking surges in fake Syrian passports Updated: Sep-01-15 10:10 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The latest developments as tens of thousands of migrants flood into countries across Europe. All times local (CET):
- Europe's migrant crisis brings new death by land and sea Updated: Aug-28-15 4:28 pm
VIENNA - Death and desperation mounted in Europe's migrant crisis Friday as Austrian police said 71 people appeared to have suffocated in the back of an abandoned truck, while an estimated 200 people were feared drowned off Libya when two overloaded boats capsized.
- Spain coach calls up David de Gea for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:56 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque on Friday included goalkeeper David de Gea, Diego Costa and Juan Mata in his squad to take on Slovakia and Macedonia in qualifying matches for next year's European Championship.
- The Latest: Red Crescent: At least 105 dead in sea off Libya Updated: Aug-28-15 8:47 am
GENEVA - Here are the latest developments Friday regarding the tens of thousands of migrants trying to reach Europe.
- Thousands of migrants head closer to EU from Macedonia Updated: Aug-23-15 2:35 pm
GEVGELIJA, Macedonia - Thousands of beleaguered migrants - mostly Syrians, Iraqis and Afghans fleeing bloody conflicts - crammed into trains and buses in Macedonia that brought them one step closer to the European Union on Sunday, a day after they stormed past police trying to block them from entering the country from Greece.
- Thousands of migrants rush past police into Macedonia Updated: Aug-22-15 3:02 pm
GEVGELIJA, Macedonia - Thousands of rain-soaked migrants on Saturday rushed past Macedonian riot police who were attempting to block them from entering Macedonia from Greece. Police fired stun grenades and dozens of people were injured in the border clashes.
- Chaos at Macedonian train station packed with migrants Updated: Aug-21-15 5:37 am
GEVGELIJA, Macedonia - With her 10-day-old baby in her arms, Amina Asmani fought her way past baton-wielding Macedonian riot police and boarded a train that took her a step closer to her dream destination: Germany.
- In Greece, red tape, typos add to Syrian refugees' ordeal Updated: Aug-19-15 9:16 am
IDOMENI, Greece - According to their Greek travel papers, the two young Syrian brothers are both 110 years old, born to different parents. The officials who processed them upon arrival were so overwhelmed by the crush of migrants entering Greece that they botched the paperwork.
- Macedonia: Mother's love behind abduction of baby baboon Updated: Aug-12-15 11:47 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - The mystery of a baby baboon abducted from Skopje's zoo had a bittersweet resolution: A mother says she stole it as a gift for her deaf son.
- Abducted baboon rescued and returned to zoo in Macedonia Updated: Aug-11-15 3:34 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - The playful baboon Luka has been rescued and returned to Macedonia's largest zoo after he was snatched by captors.
- Macedonian police arrest 9 suspected IS members, seek 27 Updated: Aug-06-15 9:34 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonian police on Thursday announced the arrests of nine people suspected of belonging to the Islamic State group and said they are seeking a further 27, following raids in the capital, Skopje, and several towns in the northeast of the country.
- Flash floods kill 4, including 3 children, in Macedonia Updated: Aug-04-15 10:40 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Flash floods in Macedonia have killed at least four people, including three children, and injured a dozen others, and caused landslides, power outages and road damage in the northwest of the country, officials said Tuesday.