- Yun Sung-bin takes 1st skeleton World Cup win for S Korea Updated: Feb-05-16 12:03 pm
ST. MORITZ, Switzerland - Yun Sung-bin got South Korea's first win in skeleton World Cup history to end a perfect season for six-time defending champion Martins Dukurs.
- Latvia marks 25th anniversary of resistance to Soviet rule Updated: Jan-20-16 1:37 pm
RIGA, Latvia - With flowers and torches, Latvians on Wednesday marked the 25th anniversary of building barricades across the country to defend against Soviet attempts to quash the small Baltic nation's quest for independence.
- Curry stays atop NBA jersey list, Porzingis debuts at No. 4 Updated: Jan-20-16 11:47 am
NEW YORK - Stephen Curry is still on top in jersey sales and Kristaps Porzingis is already making a run at him.
- Latvian president in stable condition after heart surgery Updated: Jan-20-16 11:36 am
HELSINKI - The office of Latvia's president says that the leader has undergone heart surgery and is in stable condition.
- UCI announces quotas for men's road race at Rio Olympics Updated: Jan-18-16 2:58 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Spain and Italy received the full number of starters for men's road events at the Rio Olympics on Monday, while the U.S. was granted just two starters in the road race and two in the time trial.
- Kucinskis nominated for prime minister in Latvia Updated: Jan-13-16 6:16 am
STOCKHOLM - Latvia's president has nominated Maris Kucinskis from the agrarian Greens and Famers Union as the next prime minister.
- Germany's Felix Loch wins World Cup luge race Updated: Jan-10-16 5:08 pm
SIGULDA, Latvia - Germany's Felix Loch won a World Cup luge race Sunday for his second straight singles victory.