- Small airplane makes emergency landing on highway in Hungary Updated: May-30-16 10:12 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungarian police say a small airplane made an emergency landing on a busy highway on the outskirts of Budapest.
- Hungary forms athletes' commission to help Budapest 2024 bid Updated: May-27-16 7:42 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The Hungarian Olympic Committee has set up a 31-member commission of athletes to advise and promote Budapest's bid for the 2024 Games.
- EU: Hungary must stop discriminating against Roma children Updated: May-26-16 11:59 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The European Union issued a warning to Hungary on Thursday about discrimination against Roma children in the country's education system.
- Hungary wants transparency in EU choice on Russian sanctions Updated: May-25-16 9:17 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The European Union's decision on whether to extend economic sanctions against Russia for its actions in Ukraine should be transparent and discussed openly, Hungary's foreign minister said Wednesday.
- 4 Central European countries ready to send troops to Baltics Updated: May-25-16 8:18 am
LIBLICE, Czech Republic - Four Central European countries say they are working on a plan to deploy their troops in the Baltics states as part of NATO forces.
- Hungarian farmers march with cows to protest low milk prices Updated: May-23-16 10:26 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungarian dairy farmers have marched with some 50 cows near parliament asking the government to lower taxes on all dairy products while claiming that support from Hungary and the European Union is insufficient and ineffective.
- Sandor Tarics, oldest former Olympic champion, dies at 102 Updated: May-23-16 9:47 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Sandor Tarics, a water polo gold medalist for Hungary at the 1936 Berlin Games and the oldest living Olympic champion, has died. He was 102.
- Hungary: US wants to fill Europe with Muslim migrants Updated: May-19-16 2:38 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - President Barack Obama and the United States favor illegal migration in Europe because they want to fill it up with Muslims, the chief of staff of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said Thursday.
- Migrants camp on Serbia-Hungary border waiting to cross Updated: May-18-16 12:15 pm
HORGOS, Serbia - A small tent city has formed on Serbia's border with Hungary where migrants are waiting to cross into the European Union despite border closures and a deal with Turkey aimed at stopping more people coming.
- Polish PM wants Bill Clinton's apology for political comment Updated: May-18-16 9:28 am
WARSAW, Poland - Former U.S. President Bill Clinton should apologize to the Poles for having said they think "democracy is too much trouble" and want to have an "authoritarian dictatorship," Poland's prime minister said Wednesday.
- Hungary: Bill Clinton comments about dictatorship offensive Updated: May-17-16 10:53 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Bill Clinton's comments about Hungary and Poland wanting "authoritarian dictatorship" are offensive, unacceptable and unfair, officials from the two Eastern European countries said Tuesday.
- Uber seeks new rules as Hungary considers ban on popular app Updated: May-09-16 1:08 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Uber says it wants to meet with Hungarian authorities seeking to ban the ride-hailing app and help develop new market regulations.
- Kosovo elected as UEFA member in 28-24 vote Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Kosovo was given UEFA membership Tuesday, and could now be fast-tracked into FIFA and the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.