- Czech Republic beats Romania 3-2 in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-07-16 1:32 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Defending champion Czech Republic beat host Romania 3-2 Sunday to advance to the semifinals of the Fed Cup.
- The Latest: Attackers torch refugee center in Prague Updated: Feb-06-16 3:17 pm
AMSTERDAM - The Latest on the flow of thousands of would-be refugees from the Middle East and elsewhere to Europe (all times local):
- Austrian police: 5 skiers killed in 'massive' avalanche Updated: Feb-06-16 12:40 pm
BERLIN - Five people were killed Saturday when a "massive" avalanche in the Austrian Alps struck skiers from the Czech Republic taking part in a freeriding camp, police said.
- Fed Cup: Halep, Kvitova lose, Romania-Czech Republic, 1-1 Updated: Feb-06-16 11:41 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Monica Niculescu beat two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova 6-3, 6-4 to ensure Romania tied with the Czech Republic 1-1 on the opening day of their Fed Cup first-round tie on Saturday.
- Ai Weiwei wraps Zodiac Heads to protest migrants' condition Updated: Feb-05-16 10:31 am
PRAGUE - In a protest about the plight of migrants coming to Europe, Chinese artist and activist Ai Weiwei has wrapped golden thermal blankets around his bronze animal heads meant to recreate the traditional Chinese zodiac.
- Official: spy was in Lebanon to help kidnapped Czech Updated: Feb-05-16 6:40 am
PRAGUE - The Czech defense minister says a military spy who was among five Czechs returned Thursday from Lebanon was seeking information about a fellow countryman kidnapped in Libya last year.
- US embassy condemns Czechs for not extraditing suspects Updated: Feb-04-16 2:12 pm
PRAGUE - The U.S. embassy in Prague on Thursday blasted a decision by the Czech Republic's justice minister not to extradite a Lebanese national to the U.S. to face weapons charges.
- Five Czechs going home after missing in Lebanon for 7 months Updated: Feb-04-16 7:24 am
BEIRUT - A Lebanese airport official says five Czechs who went missing in eastern Lebanon in July have boarded a flight back to their homeland.
- Czechs, world's top beer drinkers, may get even cheaper brew Updated: Feb-02-16 7:30 am
PRAGUE - The Czechs, the biggest beer consumers in the world, could soon have a reason to drink even more after the finance minister proposed lowering tax on the drink by more than half.
- Close ally of former Czech PM convicted in bribery case Updated: Feb-02-16 7:26 am
PRAGUE - A close friend and key adviser of former Czech Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek has been convicted of bribery and sentenced to five years in prison.
- Czech president under fire for remarks about premier Updated: Jan-26-16 12:13 pm
PRAGUE - Czech President Milos Zeman is under fire after suggesting that the way to get rid of Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka would be either democratically in elections or undemocratically with a Kalashnikov rifle.
- Czech airline to buy 16 Boeing 737 Max jets Updated: Jan-26-16 6:59 am
PRAGUE - Czech airline Travel Service says it has signed deals to buy 16 new Boeing 737 MAX jets.
- Kvitova to lead Czechs in 1st round of Fed Cup at Romania Updated: Jan-26-16 6:10 am
PRAGUE - Two-time Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova will lead defending champion Czech Republic in next month's first round of the Fed Cup at Romania.
- Czechs donate weapons, ammunition to Iraq, Jordan Updated: Jan-25-16 9:08 am
PRAGUE - The Czech prime minister says his government has approved a plan to donate further weapons and ammunition to Iraq and also ammunition to Jordan to help them fight Islamic State militants.
- Britain's Cameron fails to get backing on EU welfare reforms Updated: Jan-22-16 11:20 am
PRAGUE - British Prime Minister David Cameron said Friday he was confident that his country would be able to reach a deal with the European Union on his government's demands for EU reforms.
- Czech Republic midfielder moves to Kasimpasa in Turkey Updated: Jan-19-16 10:41 am
PRAGUE - Czech Republic midfielder David Pavelka has agreed to move from Czech side Liberec to Kasimpasa in the top Turkish league.
- Czechs honor student who burned himself to death in 1968 Updated: Jan-16-16 12:25 pm
PRAGUE - A memorial has been unveiled in Prague to honor a Charles University student who burned himself to death to protest the 1968 Soviet-led invasion of what was then Czechoslovakia.
- Tomic, Azarenka move into top 16 in Australian Open seedings Updated: Jan-13-16 8:43 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Defending champions and No. 1-ranked Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams top the Australian Open seedings lists, which follow rankings ahead of the first Grand Slam tournament of 2016.
- New EU envoy to combat anti-Semitism presents her goals Updated: Jan-12-16 12:42 pm
PRAGUE - The new European Union coordinator to combat anti-Semitism says among her top priorities will be to tackle the spike of hate speech on the Internet and to make sure European states properly enforce legislation on hate crime.
- Czech police seize large amount of crystal meth, break ring Updated: Jan-12-16 6:52 am
PRAGUE - Czech police say they have broken a ring that was allegedly producing large amounts of methamphetamine for illegal sale in western Europe.
- EU foreign policy chief says Iran sanctions to end soon Updated: Jan-11-16 6:46 am
PRAGUE - The European Union foreign policy chief says she expects the economic sanctions against Iran to be lifted soon.
- Kramer wins record eighth European skating title Updated: Jan-10-16 11:45 am
MINSK, Belarus - Dutch skater Sven Kramer won the European speedskating championships for a record eighth time Sunday, underlining his status among the sport's all-time greats.