- Thomas Pieters takes lead at Czech Masters after 3rd round Updated: Aug-29-15 12:18 pm
VYSOKY UJEZD, Czech Republic - Thomas Pieters of Belgium shot a 7-under 65 on Saturday despite being penalized for hitting the wrong ball, taking a one-stroke lead after the third round of the Czech Masters.
- Petra Kvitova Lucie Safarova advance to New Haven final Updated: Aug-28-15 10:32 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Second-seeded Petra Kvitova beat third-seeded Caroline Wozniacki 7-5, 6-1 on Friday night to reach the Connecticut Open final for the fourth consecutive year.
- European police break up Nigerian gang trafficking cocaine Updated: Aug-27-15 5:29 am
PRAGUE - European police say 10 people have been arrested and cocaine seized across the continent in an international operation against a Nigerian drug trafficking gang.
- South Korea youth player Seo Young-jae joins Hamburg Updated: Aug-25-15 1:12 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - South Korea youth international Seo Young-jae has joined Hamburger SV from Seoul-based side Hanyang University on a busy day for the Bundesliga club.
- World War II bomb defused in eastern Czech city Updated: Aug-25-15 11:46 am
PRAGUE - Police say hundreds of people had to be evacuated in eastern Czech city after an unexploded World War II bomb was found during construction work.
- Czech minister wants NATO to help guard EU against migrants Updated: Aug-25-15 11:37 am
PRAGUE - The Czech Republic's finance minister has called for NATO to get involved in helping protect the European Union's external border against the influx of migrants.
- Midfielder Petr Jiracek moves to Sparta from Hamburg Updated: Aug-25-15 8:50 am
PRAGUE - Sparta Prague says Czech midfielder Petr Jiracek has agreed to move to the club from Hamburger SV.
- Czech airline flight attendants to go on 3-day strike Updated: Aug-24-15 9:55 am
PRAGUE - Flight attendants at the Czech national carrier CSA will go on a three-day strike over low pay.
- France: situation in Macedonia calls for quick reaction Updated: Aug-23-15 4:55 pm
PRAGUE - French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said Sunday that the migrant crisis in Macedonia needs to be dealt with without delay.
- France to consider helping Czech nuclear program Updated: Aug-23-15 3:10 pm
PRAGUE - French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius says his country's company will consider participating in developing the Czech Republic's nuclear program.
- Slovak president operated on at Czech medical clinic Updated: Aug-20-15 4:44 am
PRAGUE - Slovakian President Andrej Kiska has undergone a surgery at a clinic in the neighboring Czech Republic.
- Jorge Lorenzo wins Czech MotoGP to tighten championship race Updated: Aug-16-15 9:52 am
BRNO, Czech Republic - Jorge Lorenzo won the Czech Grand Prix on Sunday for his fifth triumph of the season to tighten the MotoGP championship fight with his Yamaha teammate Valentino Rossi.
- 2 clubs in top Czech league fined for anti-Islam posters Updated: Aug-13-15 12:21 pm
PRAGUE - Two clubs in the top Czech division have been fined by the country's football federation for anti-Islam messages held up by their fans.
- Czech captain Tomas Rosicky could miss Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Aug-12-15 8:27 am
PRAGUE - Czech Republic captain Tomas Rosicky could miss European Championship qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Latvia in September.