- Iran's atomic chief visits Prague to talk nuclear business Updated: May-02-16 2:01 pm
PRAGUE - With sanctions lifted, the head of Iran's nuclear program came to talk business with Czech leaders.
- Lucie Safarova wins Prague Open for 7th career WTA title Updated: Apr-30-16 9:03 am
PRAGUE - Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic came from a set down to win the Prague Open, overcoming Sam Stosur of Australia 3-6, 6-1, 6-4 in the final on Saturday.
- Usain Bolt to run 100m again at Golden Spike in May Updated: Apr-26-16 9:05 am
PRAGUE - Usain Bolt will run the 100 meters at the Golden Spike in the Czech city of Ostrava on May 20.
- Gorilla gives birth unexpectedly at Prague zoo Updated: Apr-25-16 9:06 am
PRAGUE - It was an unexpected birth that took everyone at the Prague zoo by surprise.
- Czechs to keep soldiers in Afghanistan till at least 2018 Updated: Apr-18-16 11:05 am
PRAGUE - The Czech government has approved a plan to keep troops in Afghanistan and Mali until at least 2018.
- Defending champion Czechs edge Swiss to reach Fed Cup final Updated: Apr-17-16 5:14 pm
LUCERNE, Switzerland - Two-time defending champion the Czech Republic advanced to the Fed Cup final after edging Switzerland 3-2 on Sunday, sealing victory in a decisive doubles rubber against Martina Hingis and unheralded Swiss star Viktorija Golubic.
- German is suspected of blackmailing Czech govt with a toxin Updated: Apr-16-16 8:33 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Swedish prosecutor says a 27-year-old German doctoral student is suspected of blackmailing the Czech government by sending an undisclosed toxic substance he had acquired over the Internet.
- Czech Republic to use Czechia as one-word version of name Updated: Apr-14-16 3:26 pm
PRAGUE - Czechia will soon be synonymous with the Czech Republic.
- Czech policeman drinks and drives, hits 51 parked cars Updated: Apr-14-16 8:41 am
PRAGUE - Czech police say one of their officers drank too much and crashed his Jeep Grand Cherokee into a total of 51 parked cars in Prague.
- Czech prosecutors charge US man with murder in 2013 killings Updated: Apr-07-16 12:59 pm
PRAGUE - A Czech prosecutor says an American man suspected of killing four Czech family members has been formally charged with murder.
- Czechs to miss Kvitova, Safarova in Fed Cup at Switzerland Updated: Apr-06-16 7:43 am
PRAGUE - Defending champion Czech Republic will be without its two highest-ranked players - Petra Kvitova and Lucie Safarova - in next week's Fed Cup semifinals at Switzerland.
- Deal signed to improve security of Czech Jewish sites Updated: Apr-05-16 12:37 pm
PRAGUE - The Czech Interior Ministry says it has signed an agreement with representatives of the Jewish community to better protect Jewish sites in Prague and across the country.
- 1st elephant conceived and born in Prague zoo's history Updated: Apr-05-16 10:02 am
PRAGUE - Prague zoo has announced the arrival of the first elephant both conceived and born at the zoo.
- In race to improve batteries, nanotechnology provides hope Updated: Apr-04-16 11:21 am
PRAGUE - In the global race to create more efficient and long-lasting batteries, some are betting on nanotechnology - the use of minuscule parts - as the most likely to yield a breakthrough.