- The Latest: Czech police break up document forgery network Updated: May-31-16 7:49 am
GENEVA - The Latest on Europe's migration crisis (all times local):
- American charged with 4 murders on trial in Czech Republic Updated: May-31-16 5:17 am
PRAGUE - An American man charged with murder over the killing of four of his relatives has gone on trial in the Czech Republic.
- Czech government again approves ban on smoking Updated: May-30-16 8:51 am
PRAGUE - The Czech government has again approved a smoking ban in restaurants.
- Czech Republic man dies while skiing on Alaska mountain Updated: May-29-16 8:57 pm
TALKEETNA, Alaska - A mountaineer from the Czech Republic is dead after an estimated 1,500-foot fall on Denali Mountain.
- Czechs beat Malta 6-0 in warmup for Euro 2016 Updated: May-27-16 2:05 pm
KUFSTEIN, Austria - The Czech Republic opened its final stage of preparations for the European Championship with a 6-0 victory over Malta on Friday.
- 4 Central European countries ready to send troops to Baltics Updated: May-25-16 8:18 am
LIBLICE, Czech Republic - Four Central European countries say they are working on a plan to deploy their troops in the Baltics states as part of NATO forces.
- Former Czech prime minister appointed central bank governor Updated: May-25-16 5:28 am
PRAGUE - Czech President Milos Zeman has appointed his ally and former Prime Minister Jiri Rusnok to be governor of the central bank.
- Jagr confirms he's not available for Czechs at World Cup Updated: May-24-16 4:26 am
PRAGUE - The Czech Republic will have to do without Jaromir Jagr at the World Cup of Hockey after the star winger confirmed he won't be available to compete in September.
- Czech hydro plant atop hill becomes top tourist attraction Updated: May-23-16 10:23 am
DLOUHE STRANE HYDRO PLANT, Czech Republic - Climb a peak at the heart of the Jeseniky mountain range in northeastern Czech Republic and there's an unexpected reward: As well as a breathtaking view of the surrounding mountains, there is a 15-hectare (37-acre) artificial lake that neatly fits the flat top.
- Professor's television program highlights historical events Updated: May-23-16 10:22 am
MANSFIELD, Massachusetts - If you didn't know that a riot once broke out in Mansfield over the abolition of slavery or what triggered Europe's 30 Years War, you might want to take a "short" course with historian Paolo DiGregorio.
- Czech painter, illustrator, cartoonist Adolf Born dies at 85 Updated: May-22-16 12:47 pm
PRAGUE - Adolf Born, a Czech painter, illustrator, cartoonist, caricaturist and author of animated movies for children, has died.
- Usain Bolt wins 100 at Golden Spike in 9.98 Updated: May-20-16 2:47 pm
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt used his strong finish to win the 100 meters in 9.98 seconds at the Golden Spike meet on Friday.
- Czech captain Tomas Rosicky returns to national team Updated: May-19-16 7:39 am
PRAGUE - Tomas Rosicky returned to the Czech Republic's national team on Thursday after almost a year out with injuries.
- Bolt: Positive Beijing retests 'bad news' for sport Updated: May-18-16 3:30 pm
PRAGUE - Usain Bolt called it "really bad news" for sport after the announcement that 31 athletes were caught doping in retests from the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Czech Republic defender Kadlec returns to Sparta Prague Updated: May-18-16 4:47 am
PRAGUE - Czech Republic defender Michal Kadlec has agreed to return to Sparta Prague after eight years abroad.
- Czech broadcaster gets '18-'20 Olympic rights from Discovery Updated: May-09-16 10:20 am
LONDON - The Czech Republic's public broadcaster will sub-license the rights to the 2018 and 2020 Olympics from Discovery Communications.
- Czech defense university improves air marshals' ammunition Updated: May-08-16 11:54 am
BRNO, Czech Republic - The best use for air marshals' ammunition is no use.
- Lawmakers agree to give police more rights to seize guns Updated: May-06-16 9:41 am
PRAGUE - The lower house of the Czech Parliament has approved a government plan to give police increased powers to seize guns and ammunition, a move prompted by a rare deadly shooting in a small-town restaurant last year.
- Vinyl revival: Czech record maker aims for global dominance Updated: May-06-16 6:13 am
LODENICE, Czech Republic - As vinyl records make a global comeback, a little-known Czech company is riding the market surge to establish itself as the world's biggest record manufacturer, with plans to expand in North America and Asia.
- Iran's atomic chief visits Prague to talk nuclear business Updated: May-02-16 2:01 pm
PRAGUE - With sanctions lifted, the head of Iran's nuclear program came to talk business with Czech leaders.