- Arsenal's Champs League hopes alive with 3-0 win over Zagreb Updated: Nov-24-15 6:22 pm
LONDON - Arsenal received a Champions League lifeline courtesy of Alexis Sanchez's double and assistance from Bayern Munich on Tuesday.
- VP Biden adds stop in Rome, Italy to European trip Updated: Nov-24-15 2:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden is adding Rome, Italy to his European trip over the Thanksgiving holiday.
- VP Biden to attend meetings with Southeast European leaders Updated: Nov-23-15 7:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden will travel to Croatia Wednesday for meetings with Southeast European leaders.
- A draw would see both Bayern and Olympiakos advance Updated: Nov-23-15 7:49 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - With the public still jittery after the Paris attacks and the security alert in Belgium, misbehaving fans are the last thing any football club would want right now.
- UEFA bans Dinamo Zagreb's Ademi for 4 years for doping Updated: Nov-21-15 8:25 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA says it banned Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Arijan Ademi for four years after he tested positive for doping at a Champions League match.
- Passport in Paris attacks fuels fears of Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-18-15 5:55 pm
WARSAW, Poland - After the bombs and Kalashnikov fire of the Paris attacks, a mere document - a passport - found near the body of an attacker is generating a new wave of dread throughout Europe and beyond. But whether the document ended up there by chance, or was part of an elaborate plot to sow panic, is not clear.
- Dinamo Zagreb boss rearrested over bribery charges Updated: Nov-18-15 5:21 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - Dinamo Zagreb president Zdravko Mamic, who is suspected of tax evasion and bribery, has been arrested along with five other people.
- Focus on passport in Paris highlights lack of migrant checks Updated: Nov-16-15 5:59 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - The focus on a Syrian passport found near the body of a suicide bomber in the Paris attacks highlights an uncomfortable reality: European authorities are completing few checks on the hundreds of thousands of people moving across their territory fleeing war and poverty.
- Tiny Slovenia struggles with massive migrant surge Updated: Nov-12-15 7:10 am
RIGONCE, Slovenia - Stanko Kovac felt only sympathy for the thousands of migrants who flow chest-deep across freezing rivers to reach Slovenia from Croatia, trudging day and night by his house right at the border. That is, until they started trampling his crops and scaring his cattle and chicken.
- Croatian opposition conservatives win general election Updated: Nov-09-15 5:43 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia's conservative opposition has won the Balkan country's first parliamentary election since joining the European Union in 2013, but without enough votes to rule alone and with tough government negotiations looming.
- 6 injured as Serbian, Croatian fans clash at Athens airport Updated: Nov-05-15 9:19 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greek police say at least six people have been hospitalized and 10 detained after rival fans from Serbia and Croatia clashed - using chains, baseball bats and brass knuckles - at Athens International Airport.
- Bayern hammers Arsenal 5-1 in Champions League Updated: Nov-04-15 6:47 pm
MUNICH - Thomas Mueller scored two goals as Bayern Munich hammered Arsenal 5-1 on Wednesday to close in on a place in the knockout stage of the Champions League.
- Pardo leads Olympiakos to 2-1 win over Dinamo Zagreb Updated: Nov-04-15 5:35 pm
PIRAEUS, Greece - Substitute Felipe Pardo kept Olympiakos on track for a place in the Champions League round of 16 on Wednesday, scoring twice in the second half for a 2-1 win over Dinamo Zagreb.
- Self-inflicted wounds dog EU moves to manage migrant crisis Updated: Nov-02-15 4:36 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union's struggle to staunch the flow of hundreds of thousands of people across its borders represents the continent's biggest refugee emergency in over half a century.
- 105-year-old Afghan refugee seeks better life in Europe Updated: Oct-27-15 2:56 pm
OPATOVAC, Croatia - She is 105 years old but still dreams of a better life without wars and bombs.