- 2nd-seeded Cilic beats Muller to reach last 8 in Rotterdam Updated: Feb-10-16 5:51 pm
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - Second-seeded Marin Cilic reached the World Tennis Tournament quarterfinals by defeating Gilles Muller of Luxembourg 7-6 (2), 7-6 (7) in the second round on Wednesday.
- Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery returns to training Updated: Feb-08-16 9:31 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has completed his first full team training since a right thigh muscle injury put him out for two months.
- Rough seas, harsh winter, border limits add to migrant woes Updated: Feb-06-16 4:06 am
PRESEVO, Serbia - Rasul Orwani thought he had faced the worst after braving cold, rough seas in a rickety wooden boat to travel from Turkey to Greece, then came the Balkans.
- Croatian, Polish presidents discusses migrants, security Updated: Jan-28-16 11:15 am
WARSAW, Poland - The European Union should agree on criteria for accepting migrants and on how to secure the Greek border, where most of them arrive in Europe, Croatia's president said Thursday.
- Croatian parliament approves new government Updated: Jan-22-16 6:45 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia's parliament has approved a new center-right government led by Canada-educated financial expert Tihomir Oreskovic, ending more than two months of political deadlock after an inconclusive general election.
- Blizzards, high winds batter Eastern Europe, cause havoc Updated: Jan-17-16 11:57 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Blizzards battered parts of Eastern Europe on Sunday, forcing roads to close, trains and flights to be canceled and producing power outages.
- Refugees brave Balkan winter, border controls to get to EU Updated: Jan-14-16 7:23 am
SID, Serbia - It's been dangerous and cold and there are rumors Europe is shutting its doors to people like him, but Samim Nawabi says he won't turn back because the dream of a new life in Germany has given him something his home country no longer can - hope.
- KHL in racism probe after banana throwing at Spartak game Updated: Jan-14-16 5:41 am
MOSCOW - Bananas were reportedly thrown at a black player during a KHL game in Moscow, and the league has started an investigation.