- The Latest: Serena gets Azarenka in Wimbledon quarterfinals Updated: Jul-06-15 11:41 am
LONDON - The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- Serena beats Venus in 2 sets in 4th round at Wimbledon Updated: Jul-06-15 11:30 am
LONDON - Serena Williams extended her mastery over big sister Venus, and kept alive her bid for Grand Slam history.
- Belarus sets presidential election for Oct. 11 Updated: Jun-30-15 8:46 am
MINSK, Belarus - The parliament of Belarus decided Tuesday to set the next presidential election for Oct. 11, about a month earlier than originally planned.
- White House: Putin calls Obama, discuss Ukraine, IS, Iran Updated: Jun-25-15 11:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Russian President Vladimir Putin and President Barack Obama spoke by telephone Thursday and discussed continued tensions in eastern Ukraine and the fight against the Islamic State in the Middle East. The last time the men spoke was in February, the White House said.
- Diplomats seek to calm Ukraine fighting, break stalemate Updated: Jun-23-15 6:11 pm
PARIS - The foreign ministers of Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany tried Tuesday to revive high-end diplomatic efforts to end the conflict in eastern Ukraine, amid escalating fighting that is throwing doubts on a shaky peace accord.
- EU extends sanctions against Russia by 6 months Updated: Jun-22-15 11:56 am
LUXEMBOURG - The European Union on Monday extended economic sanctions against Russia until January to keep pressure on Moscow over the conflict in eastern Ukraine, drawing a rebuke and a warning of retaliation from Russian officials.
- Progress in Ukraine talks reported, but no breakthrough Updated: Jun-16-15 3:25 pm
MINSK, Belarus - Negotiators say progress has been made at the latest round of talks on resolving the Ukraine conflict but there has been no breakthrough.
- Romanian leader slams PM's attendance at European Games Updated: Jun-15-15 2:56 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's president says he didn't know the Romanian prime minister would attend the European Games, which most European Union leaders have avoided because of concerns about host Azerbaijan's human rights record.
- Rooney 1 goal from England record, Del Bosque hits 100 games Updated: Jun-14-15 6:02 pm
Wayne Rooney closed to within one goal of England's all-time scoring record on Sunday, while Vicente del Bosque reached his 100th game in charge of Spain with a victory in European Championship qualifying.
- Spain edges Belarus 1-0 in Del Bosque's 100th match Updated: Jun-14-15 4:56 pm
BORISOV, Belarus - David Silva scored to give Spain a 1-0 win against Belarus in coach Vicente del Bosque's 100th match in charge on Sunday, as the two-time defending champion moved closer to qualifying for Euro 2016.
- Europe's leading powers look to restore order in qualifying Updated: Jun-11-15 4:54 am
LONDON - Some of Europe's less-heralded football nations are on a roll in qualifying for the 2016 European Championship - and leaving many of the continent's traditional powers struggling to keep up.
- Pope tells Putin: 'Sincere' peace efforts needed for Ukraine Updated: Jun-10-15 10:20 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis encouraged Russian President Vladimir Putin to engage in "sincere" international efforts aimed at bringing peace to Ukraine as the two men met privately at the Vatican on Wednesday.
- Obama: US lacks 'complete strategy' for training Iraqis Updated: Jun-08-15 5:41 pm
ELMAU, Germany - Acknowledging military setbacks, President Barack Obama said Monday the United States still lacks a "complete strategy" for training Iraqi forces to fight the Islamic State. He urged Iraq's government to allow more of the nation's Sunnis to join the campaign against the violent militants.
- Iniesta out of Spain's Euro 2016 qualifier at Belarus Updated: Jun-07-15 3:28 pm
MADRID - Andres Iniesta will miss Spain's European championship qualifier against Belarus.
- Capello's Russia beats Belarus 4-2 in friendly Updated: Jun-07-15 1:12 pm
KHIMKI, Russia - Coach Fabio Capello's Russia came from behind to beat Belarus 4-2 in a friendly Sunday thanks to goals from two young newcomers.