- Berardi gets debut Italy call, Giovinco also included Updated: Oct-03-15 3:51 pm
MILAN - Antonio Conte has included Sebastian Giovinco and Fabio Quagliarella in the Italy squad for the upcoming European Champions qualifiers against Azerbaijan and Norway as well as the uncapped Domenico Berardi.
- 2016 Formula One season to start 2 weeks earlier Updated: Oct-01-15 5:02 am
PARIS - The 2016 Formula One championship is set to start two weeks earlier than originally planned.
- Another deadly clash around Nagorno-Karabakh Updated: Sep-28-15 10:31 am
YEREVAN, Armenia - The military forces of Azerbaijan and Nagorno-Karabakh have reported another deadly clash in an ongoing flare-up of fighting.
- Refugee crisis, money issues in background of 2024 bid race Updated: Sep-16-15 2:08 pm
LONDON - With the race for the 2024 Olympics now officially underway, the five bid cities face a two-year campaign to convince IOC members that they offer the best project.
- Race is on: 5 cities to compete for 2024 Summer Olympics Updated: Sep-16-15 7:17 am
LONDON - The race is on for the 2024 Olympics: A five-city contest pitting four European bids against a two-time host from the United States.
- 5 cities set to be in running for 2024 Olympics Updated: Sep-15-15 3:12 pm
LONDON - With Toronto deciding against a last-minute bid, five cities are set to be in contention for the 2024 Olympics when the race opens officially on Wednesday, pitting four European cities against a two-time host from the United States.
- National security cited in crackdown on journalism worldwide Updated: Sep-08-15 9:04 am
BERLIN - The detention of three Vice News journalists in Turkey last month came with all-too-familiar charges of terror-related crimes. Similar allegations were leveled against three Al-Jazeera reporters convicted last year in Egypt of fabricating news to help the banned Muslim Brotherhood. So, too, against Eskinder Nega, an Ethiopian journalist found guilty of terrorism charges in 2012 after publishing a critical piece about the government.
- Pelle leads Italy to 1-0 win over Malta again in qualifying Updated: Sep-03-15 5:14 pm
FLORENCE, Italy - Graziano Pelle saved Italy from embarrassment against Malta again, securing a 1-0 win against the 160th-ranked opponent to put the Azzurri in command of their European Championship qualifying group on Thursday.
- Los Angeles mayor pitches 2024 Olympic bid to IOC president Updated: Sep-03-15 8:35 am
LONDON - Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti took his city's newly-launched bid for the 2024 Summer Games to IOC headquarters on Thursday, saying it's time "to bring the Olympics back home" to the United States after an absence of nearly three decades.