- 2nd seed Knapp cruises into Baku Cup last 8 Updated: Jul-30-15 2:54 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Second-seeded Karin Knapp of Italy swept into the Baku Cup quarterfinals with a 46-minute rout of Anett Kontaveit of Estonia on Thursday.
- Bach: Boston failed to deliver on 'promises' to USOC Updated: Jul-29-15 9:42 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - IOC President Thomas Bach said Boston was firmly to blame for its aborted bid for the 2024 Olympics and that the city failed to deliver on "promises" made to U.S. Olympic leaders when they selected the Massachusetts capital as the American candidate for the games.
- IOC urges US to come up with another bid city for 2024 Games Updated: Jul-28-15 2:04 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - With Boston no longer in contention, IOC President Thomas Bach urged U.S. Olympic leaders on Tuesday to pick "the most appropriate city" as a substitute candidate for the 2024 Games. Two-time Olympic host Los Angeles could fit the bill perfectly, according to several IOC board members.
- Azeri journalist trial to start in August Updated: Jul-25-15 6:52 am
BAKU, Azerbaijan - A court in Azerbaijan says the trial of an investigative journalist will begin next month in a case widely criticized by human rights organizations.
- FIA approves provisional 21-race F1 calendar for 2016 Updated: Jul-10-15 7:50 pm
MEXICO CITY - Formula One's governing body approved a provisional 21-race calendar for 2016 on Friday that includes an inaugural race in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Georgian team to appeal to UEFA over alleged flag-burning Updated: Jul-10-15 6:54 am
TBILISI, Georgia - Georgian football club Dinamo Tbilisi has said it will ask UEFA to investigate an Azerbaijani team after its fans allegedly burned the Georgian flag and displayed nationalist banners at a Europa League game.
- 9 Azerbaijani citizens sentenced for joining Islamic State Updated: Jul-01-15 11:46 am
BAKU, Azerbaijan - A court in Azerbaijan has sentenced nine people to prison terms of up to 15 years on charges of fighting alongside the Islamic State group in Syria.