- Former European champs Ajax, Celtic grouped in Europa League Updated: Aug-28-15 8:59 am
MONACO - Former European champions Ajax and Celtic were drawn together with Fenerbahce and Molde in the Europa League groups on Friday.
- Former USOC leader takes job with wheelchair basketball Updated: Aug-25-15 12:52 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Jim Scherr, the former CEO of the U.S. Olympic Committee, has been hired as interim executive director of the National Wheelchair Basketball Association.
- Police in Azerbaijan detain 21 protesters Updated: Aug-22-15 10:35 am
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Police in Azerbaijan have detained 21 people after they held a protest to demand justice for a man who died in police custody in the western town of Mingachevir.
- Flamboyant Trump evolved into cautious businessman Updated: Aug-20-15 1:44 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump sells himself as a bold empire builder, the kind of businessman who could force through big changes in Washington as president.
- UN experts criticize convictions of Azerbaijan activists Updated: Aug-20-15 1:02 pm
GENEVA - U.N. human rights experts have criticized a court in Azerbaijan for what they say were "politically motivated" convictions of a prominent rights defender and her husband.
- Prominent rights defenders convicted in Azerbaijan Updated: Aug-13-15 12:31 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - A court in Azerbaijan on Thursday convicted a prominent rights defender and her husband on fraud charges, which international rights groups have denounced as a sham.
- Footballer arrested over death of critical journalist Updated: Aug-11-15 2:12 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Authorities in Azerbaijan say one of the country's leading players is among six people arrested in connection with the death of a journalist who criticized him.
- Jailed journalist in Azerbaijan goes on trial Updated: Aug-07-15 12:23 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - An investigative journalist jailed since December has gone on trial in Azerbaijan in a case widely criticized by human rights organizations.
- Margarita Gasparyan wins Baku Cup for 1st WTA title Updated: Aug-02-15 2:51 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Margarita Gasparyan of Russia won her first WTA title Sunday by beating Patricia Maria Tig of Romania 6-3, 5-7, 6-0 in the Baku Cup final.
- IOC shakes up bid process for 2024 Summer Olympics Updated: Aug-02-15 10:30 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The IOC shook up the bidding process for the 2024 Olympics on Sunday, eliminating the cut-down phase and clearing the way for all the candidates to make it to the final vote.
- USOC: 3 cities being contacted to replace Boston in 2024 bid Updated: Aug-01-15 8:35 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - U.S. Olympic leaders have started contacting Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington about the possibility of bidding for the 2024 Games and believe the demise of Boston's candidacy will be "ancient history" by the time the host city is selected in 2017.