- Oil producer Azerbaijan in talks for international aid Updated: Jan-28-16 10:29 am
- Report: Denmark is least corrupt; Somalia, N.Korea the most Updated: Jan-26-16 11:18 pm
BERLIN - Public-sector corruption is still a major problem around the world but more countries are improving than worsening and the United States and United Kingdom have reached their best rankings ever, an anti-corruption watchdog said Wednesday.
- Russia still 'preferred host' for 2019 European Games Updated: Jan-21-16 11:20 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Russia remains the preferred choice to host the 2019 European Games despite the country's current suspension from global track and field because of a doping scandal.
- Dubai tower blaze shows risks in common building material Updated: Jan-19-16 10:29 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Within minutes, the revelry of New Year's Eve in Dubai turned to horror as those gathered for fireworks downtown watched flames race up the side of one of the glistening city's most prominent luxury hotels.
- 55 people detained in Azerbaijan following violent protests Updated: Jan-14-16 11:19 am
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Azerbaijani prosecutors say 55 people have been detained following violent protests that were triggered by soaring consumer prices in the energy-rich Caspian Sea nation.