- Armenia considers vote on recognizing separatist enclave Updated: May-05-16 9:11 am
YEREVAN, Armenia - Armenia's government gave the go-ahead on Thursday to legislation that calls for recognizing the independence of Nagorno-Karabakh, a separatist region which is officially part of neighboring Azerbaijan.
- USGS scientists helping to restore depleted Armenian aquifer Updated: Apr-26-16 7:10 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Some South Dakota scientists from the U.S. Geological Survey are helping to restore a depleted aquifer in Armenia.
- Investigators: Explosion in Armenia's capital not terror act Updated: Apr-26-16 1:11 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - An explosion that devastated a bus in Armenia's capital, killing two people and injuring seven, was not the result of a terrorist attack, the country's investigative committee said Tuesday.
- 1 dead in Armenia bus explosion Updated: Apr-25-16 4:41 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - Armenian officials say an explosion of a city bus in the capital has killed at least one person and wounded six others.
- Los Angeles marches, rallies commemorate Armenian killings Updated: Apr-24-16 7:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - Weekend vigils, marches and demonstrations were held across the Los Angeles area to commemorate the killings of an estimated 1.5 million Armenians under the Ottoman Empire more than a century ago.
- Clooney joins Armenians to mark anniversary of massacre Updated: Apr-24-16 2:32 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - Actor George Clooney presented a $1.1 million award on the 101st anniversary of a massacre of Armenians by Ottoman Turks to a Burundi woman who offered sanctuary to thousands of orphans in the middle of a civil war there.
- Obama breaks promise to call Armenian killings 'genocide' Updated: Apr-22-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama declined Friday to call the 1915 massacre of Armenians a genocide, breaking a key campaign promise as his presidency nears an end.
- Insulting remarks about Armenia forces resignation in Sweden Updated: Apr-11-16 11:01 am
STOCKHOLM - The deputy chairman of a Swedish-Turkish association has resigned after derogatory comments he made about Armenians last week.
- Russia defends selling arms to both Azerbaijan and Armenia Updated: Apr-09-16 12:48 pm
MOSCOW - Russia on Saturday defended its policy of selling arms to both Armenia and Azerbaijan, whose military forces have faced off in a sharp escalation of fighting around separatist Nagorno-Karabakh.
- Pope to visit Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan on 2 trips Updated: Apr-09-16 8:28 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis will make two trips this year to the often-volatile Caucasus region.