- South Korea: Suspected midrange North Korean missiles fail Updated: Apr-28-16 3:49 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea attempted unsuccessfully to launch two suspected powerful intermediate-range missiles on Thursday, South Korean defense officials said, bringing the number of apparent failures in recent weeks to three.
- LG Electronics' profit jumps on strong appliance sales Updated: Apr-28-16 6:16 am
SEOUL, South Korea - LG Electronics Inc. reported a stunning jump in its first-quarter earnings as its high-end home appliance sales offset a loss for its smartphone business.
- Samsung's profit beats forecast thanks to early phone debut Updated: Apr-27-16 10:39 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Samsung Electronics recorded a better-than-expected profit in January-March, as an early debut of its flagship Galaxy smartphones boosted sales of high-end phones despite flat growth in the overall smartphone market.
- South Korea unveils Zika-proof Olympic uniforms Updated: Apr-27-16 1:19 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's Olympic committee on Wednesday unveiled Zika-proof uniforms complete with mosquito repellent it says will help protect athletes from the virus at this year's games in Rio de Janeiro.
- Seoul: N. Korea erects mock-up of Seoul presidential palace Updated: Apr-27-16 6:32 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea said Wednesday that North Korea has built a half-size mock-up of the South's presidential palace at a firing range in what appears to be preparations for a live-fire drill.
- Amid outside pressure, N. Korea sets date for key convention Updated: Apr-27-16 6:12 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Facing mounting international pressure over its nuclear and missile ambitions, North Korea has set a date for its biggest political convention in decades next week that is expected to bolster young dictator Kim Jong Un's grip on power.
- Hyundai Motor's profit down 12 percent on China sales Updated: Apr-26-16 3:37 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Hyundai Motor Co. has reported a 12 percent drop in its first-quarter net profit as lower sales in China, Russia and Brazil outweighed higher vehicle shipments at home and favorable foreign exchange rates.
- South Korea's economy grows 2.7 percent, slowest since July Updated: Apr-25-16 10:32 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's economy expanded at its slowest pace in three quarters during the first three months of this year, as exports and domestic demand sagged due to subdued global demand and heavy household debts.
- Tourist in yoga airplane altercation allowed to fly to Korea Updated: Apr-25-16 10:10 pm
HONOLULU - A tourist whose desire to do yoga on a plane led to his arrest is being allowed to leave Hawaii and return home to South Korea.
- Critics of Trump in GOP Senate fact check his foreign policy Updated: Apr-25-16 3:51 am
WASHINGTON - The Senate's leading Republican voices on national security are assembling an indictment of Donald Trump's worldview by soliciting rebuttals from U.S. military leaders that challenge the accuracy and legality of the GOP presidential front-runner's most provocative foreign policy positions.
- South Korea's Lee Soo-min wins Shenzhen International Updated: Apr-24-16 10:41 pm
SHENZHEN, China - South Korea's Lee Soo-min pulled away in a Monday finish to win the rain-interrupted Shenzhen International for his first European Tour victory.
- Obama dismisses NKorea proposal on halting nuke tests Updated: Apr-24-16 2:15 pm
NEW YORK - A day after North Korea's foreign minister told The Associated Press that his country is ready to halt its nuclear tests if the United States suspends its annual military exercises with South Korea, President Barack Obama said Sunday that Washington isn't taking the proposal seriously and Pyongyang would "have to do better than that."
- Discovery reaches Olympic TV deal with YLE in Finland Updated: Apr-21-16 1:47 pm
LONDON - Finnish broadcaster YLE has reached a deal with Discovery Communications for domestic TV rights for the 2018 and 2020 Olympics.
- Guangzhou Evergrande out of Asian Champions League Updated: Apr-20-16 9:00 pm
SYDNEY - Big-spending defending champion Guangzhou Evergrande failed to advance from the group stage of the Asian Champions League despite a win this week, with Sydney FC and Urawa Red Diamonds reaching the knock out stage from Group H.
- AP: S. Korea covered up mass abuse, killings of 'vagrants' Updated: Apr-19-16 9:14 pm
BUSAN, South Korea - The 14-year-old boy in the black school jacket stared at his sneakers, his heart pounding, as the policeman accused him of stealing a piece of bread.
- South Korea's president to visit Iran for 1st summit talks Updated: Apr-18-16 5:21 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's president is to visit Iran early next month for what would be the two countries' first summit talks, her office said Monday.
- Thousands mark 2nd anniversary of S. Korean ferry disaster Updated: Apr-16-16 9:13 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Thousands of South Koreans participated in memorial events Saturday for the more than 300 people who died in a ferry disaster two years ago that deeply rattled the country.
- AP Analysis: S. Korea ruling party defeat a test for Park Updated: Apr-14-16 9:14 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean President Park Geun-hye has long been known as the "Queen of Elections" for a decades-long track record of steering her party to sometimes unlikely victories. Now, a crushing, shocking defeat in parliamentary elections sets up the fight of her political life.
- South Korean president's party suffers election setback Updated: Apr-13-16 9:58 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean voters handed President Park Geun-hye a stunning political setback by denying her conservative party a majority in the next National Assembly, poll results showed Thursday.
- N. Koreans: Brutal work abroad better than life back home Updated: Apr-12-16 7:18 am
SEOUL, South Korea - One North Korean who worked abroad says that as a waitress in China, she was forced to put up with male customers who groped her and tried to get her drunk. Two others recall the frozen bodies of their countrymen stored in Russian logging camps. Another says he toiled for up to 16 hours a day at a Kuwaiti construction site surrounded by wire fences.
- Australia, Japan in Group B for Asian World Cup qualifying Updated: Apr-12-16 6:51 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Asian Cup champion Australia and Japan have been grouped together in the last round of Asian qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
- Indonesia among 4 countries hoping to host 2023 Asian Cup Updated: Apr-12-16 4:36 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Indonesia is bidding to host the 2023 Asian Cup despite being under a FIFA-imposed ban from international competition because of government interference in the running of the national football federation.
- North Korea resurrects Abraham Lincoln to criticize Obama Updated: Apr-12-16 1:16 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea has tried warnings of nuclear attack and racist diatribes to criticize U.S. President Barack Obama. Now it's turning to Abraham Lincoln.
- Online curbs limit South Korea pre-election speech freedoms Updated: Apr-11-16 8:33 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - With cheap and ubiquitous access to the world's fastest Internet speeds and a lively democracy, South Korea's cyberspace could flourish with rich discussions and debates ahead of the country's general election this week.
- N. Korea says it successfully tests long-range rocket engine Updated: Apr-08-16 11:45 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea said Saturday it has successfully tested a new intercontinental ballistic rocket engine that will give it the ability to stage nuclear strikes on the United States.