- US experts warn plutonium stocks could soar in East Asia Updated: Oct-07-15 4:35 am
WASHINGTON - Experts warn that Northeast Asia could see a dangerous growth in stocks of weapons-usable plutonium - and U.S. lawmakers say Obama administration policies could be making matters worse.
- Jim Furyk doesn't have clubs and still travels Updated: Oct-07-15 4:09 am
INCHEON, South Korea - Jim Furyk showed how much the Presidents Cup meant to him. He came to South Korea without his golf clubs.
- Samsung 3Q operating profit surges, shares jump 9 percent Updated: Oct-07-15 3:49 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Samsung Electronics announced a forecast-beating profit for the third quarter Wednesday, sending its share price up nearly 9 percent, but analysts said strong component sales and favorable currency exchange rates masked persistent weakness in its smartphone business.
- Scott trying to fill the (Presidents) Cup Updated: Oct-07-15 3:45 am
INCHEON, South Korea - Adam Scott has seven Presidents Cup logos on his bag to show how many teams he has made.
- Spieth, Dustin Johnson partners in Presidents Cup Updated: Oct-06-15 11:43 pm
INCHEON, South Korea - Jordan Spieth and Dustin Johnson battled at Chambers Bay in the U.S. Open. They will be partners in South Korea at the Presidents Cup.
- Asian cinema masterpieces, ferry tragedy at Korean film fest Updated: Oct-06-15 8:40 pm
BUSAN, South Korea - South Korea's second-largest city is in a festive mood as the Busan Film Festival passes the midpoint.
- Japan under pressure in Asian World Cup qualification Updated: Oct-06-15 6:51 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - On a night of big games in Asia, Japan will be under the most pressure as a defeat to Syria in their 2018 World Cup qualifier on Thursday would cast doubt on its chances of making it to Russia.
- Mickelson brings experience and emotion to Presidents Cup Updated: Oct-06-15 8:25 am
INCHEON, South Korea - Phil Mickelson studied the line of the putt from both sides, and then he stood over an imaginary golf ball about halfway to the hole and gently swung his putter to make sure he had the right read.
- Dustin Johnson back on a team after 2-year absence Updated: Oct-06-15 6:54 am
INCHEON, South Korea - Dustin Johnson hasn't lost a match while playing for the United States in nearly four years.
- Scott has busy finish to year, and maybe an early start Updated: Oct-06-15 5:18 am
INCHEON, South Korea - With three months left in the year, Adam Scott is just getting warmed up.
- Chung says he is facing lengthy FIFA suspension Updated: Oct-06-15 3:00 am
SEOUL, South Korea - FIFA presidential contender Chung Mong-joon said Tuesday he is facing a 19-year suspension by the ethics committee of the world football body for alleged ethics breaches surrounding South Korea's failed bid for the 2022 World Cup, and also for openly criticizing the committee.
- At Asian film fest, new etiquette shows rise of mobile app Updated: Oct-05-15 8:23 am
BUSAN, South Korea - Kakao Talk, a popular mobile messaging app in South Korea, must have annoyed its share of moviegoers.
- Estranged South Korean director Kim Ki-duk looks to China Updated: Oct-05-15 8:08 am
BUSAN, South Korea - For the past two decades, South Korean maverick filmmaker Kim Ki-duk's low-budget movies have given him international acclaim, highly coveted awards and many controversies.
- Tang Wei looks for chemistry with people on film set Updated: Oct-03-15 7:20 am
BUSAN, South Korea - Chinese actress Tang Wei is not obsessed about finding the right role for her future film project.
- Jim Furyk to miss Presidents Cup, replaced by JB Holmes Updated: Oct-02-15 8:03 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Jim Furyk's season ended earlier than he wanted Friday when he removed himself from the Presidents Cup because of a wrist injury that hasn't fully healed.
- Facts and figures for the 11th Presidents Cup Updated: Oct-02-15 3:49 pm
INCHEON, South Korea - Facts and figures for the 11th Presidents Cup matches:
- Thongchai takes a path like no other to Presidents Cup Updated: Oct-02-15 3:01 pm
One stick took away the dreams of Thongchai Jaidee. Another stick allowed him to go places he never imagined.
- Russian athletes sent home from SKorea for inflight incident Updated: Oct-02-15 5:33 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Nine Russian athletes, trainers and journalists were sent back home from South Korea on Friday after allegedly being drunk and rowdy on a plane, South Korean police said.
- Afghan actress urges Afghan women to keep working Updated: Oct-02-15 4:52 am
BUSAN, South Korea - When Marina Gulbahari walked the red carpet on the first night of Asia's largest film festival, she showed the world more than the colorful traditional Afghan dress she was wearing.
- Asia's largest film festival opens in South Korea Updated: Oct-01-15 6:44 am
BUSAN, South Korea - Asia's largest film festival has opened its doors in South Korea.
- LG unveils smartphone with dual display, improved camera Updated: Oct-01-15 1:31 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean smartphone maker LG Electronics Inc. unveiled a new smartphone Thursday with an additional screen and a camera that can capture a wider scene when taking a selfie, hoping to arrest a slide in its market share.
- Self-effacing billionaire behind rising Asian beauty brand Updated: Sep-30-15 8:00 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea is known around the world for Samsung phones, kimchi and Hyundai cars, but ask that question in Asia and the answer might equally be "air cushion" compacts.
- US, Japan, South Korea warn North Korea against provocations Updated: Sep-29-15 10:29 am
NEW YORK - The United States, Japan and South Korea are warning North Korea against any provocative acts at the upcoming 70th anniversary of the country's ruling party.
- Evergrande ready for Gamba Osaka in ACL semifinals Updated: Sep-28-15 9:31 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Guangzhou Evergrande coach Luiz Felipe Scolari is switching focus from his Chinese Super League title race with old rival Sven-Goran Eriksson to prepare for the team's upcoming match against Gamba Osaka in the first leg of the 2015 Asian Champions League semifinal on Wednesday.
- Begu defeats Sasnovich to clinch Korea Open title Updated: Sep-27-15 3:13 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Top-seeded Irina-Camelia Begu of Romania scored a comfortable 6-3, 6-1 victory over unseeded Aliaksandra Sasnovich of Belarus in the final of the Korea Open on Sunday.