- The Latest: Women's marathon begins at world championships Updated: Aug-29-15 7:44 pm
BEIJING - The Latest from the IAAF world championships (all times local):
- Immigration shift shows India, China outpacing Mexico Updated: Aug-29-15 6:05 pm
DALLAS - Siddharth Jaganath wanted to return to India after earning his master's degree at Texas' Southern Methodist University. Instead, he built a new life in the U.S. over a decade, becoming a manager at a communications technology company and starting a family in the Dallas suburb of Plano.
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer keeps open possibility of Sept. hike Updated: Aug-29-15 4:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer left the door open Saturday for a Fed rate increase in September, saying the factors that have kept inflation below the central bank's target level have likely begun to fade.
- Richards-Ross looks to lead US to gold in 4x400 at worlds Updated: Aug-29-15 3:08 pm
BEIJING - A gold medal could make a tough trip to Beijing a little bit better for Sanya Richards-Ross.
- Illinois to broadcast football games in Chinese Updated: Aug-29-15 1:49 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A surge in students from China has prompted the University of Illinois to add Chinese-language broadcasts of its football games this season.
- With American help, Chinese relay earns silver at worlds Updated: Aug-29-15 1:35 pm
BEIJING - It only took moments after Zhang Peimeng crossed the finish line for the Chinese 4x100-meter relay team's historic medal to be upgraded from bronze to silver.
- Deja vu: Vlasic, Chicherova go 2-3 again at Bird's Nest Updated: Aug-29-15 1:18 pm
BEIJING - Same stadium, same positions on the podium.
- 1 would have been enough before, now Farah has a handful Updated: Aug-29-15 1:06 pm
BEIJING - Only seven years ago, Mo Farah was daydreaming about winning a medal - just one, any color.
- The gift of gold: Bolt wins again, with help from the US Updated: Aug-29-15 12:54 pm
BEIJING - Usain Bolt's final gold medal at the Bird's Nest came gift-wrapped.
- Police arrest foreigner, find passports in Bangkok bomb case Updated: Aug-29-15 11:19 am
BANGKOK - Thai authorities arrested a foreign man Saturday they said had been holed up in a suburban apartment with bomb-making equipment and stacks of passports, the first possible breakthrough in the deadly bombing at a Bangkok shrine nearly two weeks ago.
- China approves prisoner amnesty to mark WWII anniversary Updated: Aug-29-15 8:09 am
BEIJING - China's legislature on Saturday approved a prisoner amnesty as part of commemorations of World War II's end that could see thousands of inmates such as war veterans or juveniles released.
- Workers overcome by gases at China paper mill, 7 die, 2 hurt Updated: Aug-29-15 6:01 am
BEIJING - Workers were overcome with toxic gas from a paper mill's waste pool and seven of them died, authorities said Saturday, in China's latest deadly accident involving dangerous chemicals.
- Experts say tough talk on China overlooks economic realities Updated: Aug-29-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - If there was ever a week for the Republican presidential candidates to talk tough on China, this was it. Spurred by the stock market's wild ride, they lashed out at the world's most populous nation.
- Tallent takes shot at Russia after silver in 50K walk Updated: Aug-29-15 3:08 am
BEIJING - Already outspoken about doping in his sport, Australian race walker Jared Tallent took another shot at Russia after earning a silver medal in the 50-kilometer event Saturday at the world championships.
- Calm on Wall Street: A turbulent week ends on a placid note Updated: Aug-28-15 7:04 pm
Well, that was exciting.
- Struggling Russia gets unexpected gold in 110-meter hurdles Updated: Aug-28-15 1:14 pm
BEIJING - Russian hurdler Sergey Shubenkov knows all about his country's doping scandals, he's just not paying any attention to it.
- It's a boy! National Zoo's surviving newborn panda is male Updated: Aug-28-15 12:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Zoo's panda parents, Mei Xiang and Tian Tian, have another son.
- A Q&A with Wall Street's top psychiatrist on market turmoil Updated: Aug-28-15 12:48 pm
NEW YORK - When it seems like the stock market has lost its mind, big banks and investment firms often turn to one particular psychiatrist: Richard Peterson, CEO of MarketPsych, a firm that applies research from behavioral science to financial markets.
- San Diego company to move production from China to Laramie Updated: Aug-28-15 12:08 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - A San Diego-based manufacturer is planning to move its production operation from China to Laramie.
- As markets drop, question is: will the Chinese still shop? Updated: Aug-28-15 11:14 am
BICESTER, England - The designer outlet mall of Bicester Village is set in the English countryside near Oxford, but it might as well be in China.
- Q&A about this week's market turmoil in China and beyond Updated: Aug-28-15 9:04 am
BEIJING - With the Chinese stock market turmoil that incited global panic abated - at least for now - here are some questions and answers about it, as well as lessons to learn:
- US national security adviser in China ahead of Xi's US trip Updated: Aug-28-15 8:53 am
BEIJING - The U.S. national security adviser met with President Xi Jinping on Friday amid final preparations for the Chinese leader's visit to Washington next month, with both sides expressing optimism despite their differences.
- China gets 1-2 in sporting finish to 20K walk at worlds Updated: Aug-28-15 1:29 am
BEIJING - With China's first gold of the world championships virtually assured, the only thing for teammates Liu Hong and Lu Xiuzhi to decide was who should win it.
- US group urges China to open insurance, securities markets Updated: Aug-28-15 1:01 am
BEIJING - An American business group urged China on Friday to allow more access to its insurance and other service industries, saying foreign skills could help develop its volatile stock markets and cope with disasters like the recent chemical explosion in Tianjin.
- Rubio says strength is only way to maintain peace with China Updated: Aug-27-15 8:20 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio says the United States must bolster its military, push for more free trade and hold China far more accountable on human rights.