- Uganda leader, in power for 3 decades, seeks re-election Updated: Jul-31-15 1:04 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's long-serving president on Friday declared his bid for re-election in 2016, saying the country needs him to stick around to continue its economic development.
- Wildlife activist concern over oil on Uganda-Congo border Updated: Jul-30-15 7:37 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Activists are urging Uganda's government to reverse a decision to open for oil drilling a wildlife park on Uganda's border with Congo.
- Uganda sending combat helicopters to Somalia battle Updated: Jul-19-15 11:40 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda will send attack and transport helicopters to bolster its forces fighting the al-Qaida-linked al-Shabab insurgency in Somalia, an army spokesman said Sunday.
- Islamic militant leader extradited to Uganda from Tanzania Updated: Jul-10-15 3:09 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - A most-wanted Ugandan Islamic militant leader who is accused of committing atrocities in Uganda and Congo was extradited back home from Tanzania on Friday, according to the head of Interpol in Uganda.
- Amid violence and hunger, South Sudan marks 4th birthday Updated: Jul-09-15 11:27 am
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan marked four years of independence from Sudan on Thursday, but the celebrations were tempered by concerns about ongoing violence and the threat of famine.
- Ugandan police detain the president's 2 top opponents Updated: Jul-09-15 10:58 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Ugandan police on Thursday detained two of the president's top challengers, an opposition leader and a former prime minister who last month announced he would seek the presidency.
- Fugitive African warlord Joseph Kony is said to be sickly Updated: Jul-06-15 7:32 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - The fugitive leader of the Lord's Resistance Army is sickly and in retreat from an international manhunt that includes U.S. forces, a Ugandan military spokesman said Monday, citing the accounts of recent defectors who are backing up reports that the rebel group is in decline.