- The Latest: Pope lands in Central African Republic Updated: Nov-29-15 4:28 am
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The latest on Pope Francis' first trip to Africa. (All times local.)
- Climate changes take heavy toll on Ugandan coffee farmers Updated: Nov-25-15 5:34 am
KASESE, Uganda - Luka Kinyere felt the wet, dark volcanic soil in his calloused palm, thankful for the rain that was falling again after a dry spell.
- Uganda fundraises, spruces up shrine for pope visit Updated: Nov-23-15 12:01 pm
NAMUGONGO, Uganda - More than 2 million people are expected to converge near a minor basilica in the Ugandan capital where Pope Francis will celebrate Mass on Saturday, an official with the Roman Catholic Church here said Monday even as workers put in extra hours to spruce up the shrine.
- Ugandan gays hope the pope will speak out on their behalf Updated: Nov-22-15 10:59 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Gay activists are hoping Pope Francis will preach tolerance toward homosexuals, and even go so far as to condemn violent attacks against gays during his upcoming visit to Uganda. Church leaders, however, are praying he'll avoid the issue altogether.
- US envoy in Uganda to encourage Burundi peace talks Updated: Nov-13-15 10:28 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Washington stepped up efforts to end bloodshed in Burundi Friday by sending a regional envoy to Uganda to encourage talks to resolve the crisis, a Ugandan official said Friday.
- UN condemns Burundi killings, threatens possible sanctions Updated: Nov-12-15 5:49 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council unanimously approved a resolution Thursday condemning killings in Burundi and threatening sanctions, while international leaders urgently called for the government and opposition to meet amid fears that the African nation is at risk of genocide.
- Morocco, Guinea win in WCup qualifying, Uganda upsets Togo Updated: Nov-12-15 4:44 pm
Morocco, Guinea and Congo all won their first-leg games in World Cup qualifying on Thursday, while there were upsets as Uganda won in Togo and Benin beat Burkina Faso.
- Al-Shabab video shows killings of African Union troops Updated: Nov-10-15 10:41 am
- Host Ethiopia won't allow Eritrea at East African tournament Updated: Nov-10-15 5:48 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Eritrea has been excluded from East Africa's main soccer tournament this month because of political tensions with host Ethiopia.
- Group: Unprecedented, daily brutality in South Sudan Updated: Oct-30-15 11:13 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - The aid group Doctors Without Borders says violence in a volatile South Sudanese state has led to "an unprecedented humanitarian crisis" there.