- Kenya detains alleged Islamic State recruiters from Uganda Updated: Jul-02-15 12:53 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan authorities are holding two Ugandan men who are accused of recruiting for the Islamic State group in East Africa.
- Fire destroys parts of largest market in Kenya Updated: Jun-23-15 4:38 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Officials say a fire has consumed parts of Kenya's largest market, destroying an area where vendors sell second-hand clothes imported from Western countries.
- Oklahoma man convicted of illicit sexual conduct in Kenya Updated: Jun-19-15 4:37 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A federal jury convicted an Oklahoma man on Friday of illicit sexual conduct with children at a Kenyan orphanage that specializes in caring for neglected children.
- Kenya official: Al-Shabab commander killed in attack of army Updated: Jun-15-15 11:56 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's military Monday said they killed a Kenyan al-Shabab commander responsible for two attacks a year ago that killed at least 60 people, killing the extremist as he led an attack on a military camp in the same area.
- Pope may add Kenya leg to Africa trip in November Updated: Jun-12-15 11:56 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis says he may add a stop in Kenya on his trip to the Central African Republic and Uganda in November.
- Kenya seeks to voluntarily repatriate 100,000 Somalis Updated: Jun-11-15 12:21 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya has set a goal to get 100,000 Somali refugees to return home voluntarily by the end of the year, a government official said Thursday as money shortages have forced the U.N. to reduce food rations for the displaced.
- Lion escapes from South African national park Updated: Jun-10-15 1:48 pm
JOHANNESBURG - Trackers on foot and helicopter were searching for a lion after it escaped from a national park in a remote, arid region of South Africa, authorities said.
- Kenya police charge 5 suspects for university attack Updated: Jun-04-15 7:38 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan police Thursday charged five men with participating in an attack by militant group al-Shabab on a university in eastern Kenya in which 148 people were killed.