- Kenya: Supreme court judge to be investigated over bribery Updated: Feb-05-16 1:38 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - The head of Kenya's Judiciary Friday said that an internal probe has found that a Supreme Court judge should be investigated further over allegations that he received a $2 million bribe to influence an election petition.
- Inquest starts into murder of British artist in Kenya Updated: Feb-04-16 11:56 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - A Kenyan court Thursday launched an inquest into the 14-year-old murder of a British artist killed outside the home of the woman believed to be his mistress.
- Kenyan taxi drivers ask government to stop Uber Updated: Feb-03-16 11:09 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Taxi operators in Kenya Wednesday asked the government to stop operations of Uber, the ride sharing app which has risen in popularity because of its cheaper fares.
- Kenya honors troops slain in Somalia with memorial service Updated: Jan-27-16 1:00 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta on Wednesday led an interfaith memorial service honoring Kenyan soldiers killed while on peacekeeping duty in Somalia.
- US judge clears Oklahoma man of 3 Kenyan child abuse charges Updated: Jan-26-16 6:18 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A federal judge Tuesday acquitted an Oklahoma man on three charges accusing him of sexually abusing children at a Kenyan orphanage but rejected his request for a new trial on four other counts.
- Kenyan troops pull out of Somali towns after deadly attack Updated: Jan-26-16 12:54 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Kenyan forces pulled out of two towns in southern Somalia on Tuesday and Islamic extremists quickly moved into one of them, residents said.
- Kenyans honor Muslim man who shielded Christians in attack Updated: Jan-22-16 5:03 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyans are donating to the family of a Muslim man who was fatally wounded by Islamic extremists while shielding Christians during an attack on a bus.
- Kenyan police kill 4 alleged Islamic extremists in shootout Updated: Jan-20-16 1:57 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan police say they have killed four men described as most-wanted extremist suspects whose names were released to the public in December.
- Grisly fossils from Kenya reveal a 10,000-year-old massacre Updated: Jan-20-16 1:08 pm
NEW YORK - Scientists have found grisly evidence of a massacre in Kenya about 10,000 years ago, providing rare evidence of violence between groups in ancient hunter-gatherer societies.
- 2 al-Shabab recruits sentenced in US terror case Updated: Jan-15-16 8:47 pm
NEW YORK - Two Somalia-born men have been sentenced to 11 years in prison after pleading guilty to U.S. terrorism charges.
- New ICC courtroom opens for business with Kenya trial Updated: Jan-12-16 11:18 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The International Criminal Court held the first public hearing in its new permanent headquarters Tuesday, with prosecutors urging judges not to throw out a crimes against humanity case against Kenya's deputy president.
- Kenya: Islamic tutor jailed for 20 years for training jihad Updated: Jan-07-16 11:53 am
MOMBASA, Kenya - A court in Kenya has found a teacher at an Islamic school guilty of radicalizing his students by teaching them extreme jihad and sentenced him to 20 years in prison.