- South Korea's president arrives in Ethiopia Updated: May-25-16 3:36 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - South Korea's President Park Geun-hye has arrived in the Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa on Wednesday night to start her three-nation visit to Africa.
- 37 cities join Rockefeller Foundation resilience effort Updated: May-25-16 11:17 am
NEW YORK - Thirty-seven cities from Addis Ababa (AH'-dihs AH'-buh-bah), Ethiopia, to Yiwu (ee-oo), China, are rounding out a Rockefeller Foundation initiative that recognizes cities worldwide for working on physical, social and economic resilience.
- Ethiopia's tough running coach Woldemeskel Kostre dies at 69 Updated: May-17-16 6:08 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Woldemeskel Kostre, the Ethiopian distance running coach who trained greats like Haile Gebrselassie and Kenenisa Bekele and was renowned for his strict disciplinarian approach, has died. He was 69.
- Dozens killed in Ethiopia landslides, flooding amid rains Updated: May-10-16 1:31 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - A state-affiliated broadcaster in Ethiopia says at least 50 people have been killed in flooding and landslides triggered by heavy rains.
- Ethiopia: Activist charged with terrorism over Facebook post Updated: May-06-16 5:00 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - A court in Ethiopia has charged a social media activist for inciting violence and other terror-related offenses citing Facebook posts as evidence.
- South Sudan: 32 kidnapped Ethiopian children recovered Updated: Apr-30-16 7:41 am
JUBA, South Sudan - Authorities in South Sudan said they have recovered 32 of the 125 Ethiopian children who the Ethiopian government said were abducted from its Gambela region two weeks ago during a deadly cattle raid blamed on a South Sudanese militia.