- Obama delivers frank words about Africa's problems Updated: Jul-28-15 4:49 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama arrived in East Africa with no big American aid packages, no ramped up U.S. military resources for fighting terror groups and no new initiatives with billions in government backing.
- Obama draws criticism for saying Ethiopia is democratic Updated: Jul-28-15 12:59 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Some African activists have greeted President Barack Obama's remarks that Ethiopia has a democratically elected government with scorn and concern.
- White House Notebook: Third term? Obama says no thanks Updated: Jul-28-15 10:01 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Could President Barack Obama win a third term in office? He's convinced that he could, but would really rather not.
- Obama calls GOP criticism of Iran deal 'ridiculous,' 'sad' Updated: Jul-27-15 10:55 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama unleashed a blistering and belittling rebuke of Republican White House hopefuls Monday, calling their attack on his landmark nuclear deal with Iran "ridiculous if it weren't so sad."
- The Latest: Obama says South Sudan needs urgent attention Updated: Jul-27-15 7:43 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The latest on President Barack Obama's visit to Ethiopia (all times local):
- Lawsuit points to hacking by Ethiopia as Obama makes visit Updated: Jul-27-15 3:34 am
WASHINGTON - As President Barack Obama faces pressure to discuss human rights in his first official visit to Ethiopia, a unique lawsuit back home is challenging whether the African country can spy on an American by turning his computer into a giant recording device.
- Obama, African leaders to hold talks on South Sudan crisis Updated: Jul-26-15 1:22 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - U.S. officials are voicing pessimism about the prospect of a peace and power-sharing agreement in South Sudan as President Barack Obama prepares to hold talks on the crisis with African leaders.
- Obama opens first visit to Ethiopia by US president Updated: Jul-26-15 11:28 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama is making the first-ever visit by an American president to Ethiopia.
- US Sen. Markey to join Obama on his trip to Kenya, Ethiopia Updated: Jul-23-15 7:22 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Edward Markey is joining President Barack Obama on his trip to Kenya and Ethiopia.
- UN conference in Ethiopia calls for global finance reform Updated: Jul-16-15 11:25 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - A U.N. conference has agreed to reform global finance to spur development and to channel funds to fight worldwide poverty.
- Ethiopia police: 30 armed people killed on Eritrea border Updated: Jul-10-15 1:48 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Ethiopian police have killed 30 armed people who tried to illegally enter the country's territory from Eritrea, an official said Friday.
- Athletissima Diamond League Results Updated: Jul-09-15 6:31 pm
100_1, Justin Gatlin, United States, 9.75. 2, Asafa Powell, Jamaica, 9.92. 3, Tyson Gay, United States, 9.92. 4, Michael Rodgers, United States, 10.03. 5, Keston Bledman, Trinidad and Tobago, 10.03. 6, Kim Collins, Saint Kitts and Nevis, 10.08. 7, Isiah Young, United States, 10.11.
- Ethiopia releases jailed journalists, bloggers Updated: Jul-09-15 8:07 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Ethiopia has released three journalists and three bloggers charged with incitement and terrorism in a country known for media oppression, a media rights organization and the state broadcaster said.
- Africans seeking better lives pass through Ethiopian town Updated: Jul-05-15 10:43 am
METEMA, Ethiopia - The mood in the border town of Metema these days is quiet and watchful.