- South Sudan: 32 kidnapped Ethiopian children recovered Updated: Apr-30-16 7:41 am
JUBA, South Sudan - Authorities in South Sudan said they have recovered 32 of the 125 Ethiopian children who the Ethiopian government said were abducted from its Gambela region two weeks ago during a deadly cattle raid blamed on a South Sudanese militia.
- London Marathon record for Kipchoge; Sumgong wins after fall Updated: Apr-24-16 2:50 pm
LONDON - A feat of speed by Eliud Kipchoge, rushing to a course record. A feat of fortitude by Jemima Sumgong, recovering from a painful fall to win.
- Ethiopian troops enter South Sudan to rescue 125 children Updated: Apr-21-16 12:07 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - Ethiopian troops were operating in South Sudan on Thursday after crossing the border to rescue about 125 Ethiopian children who were kidnapped during a bloody cattle raid, and top officials from both countries sought to coordinate their efforts.
- Ethiopia: Troops surround area 125 children are being held Updated: Apr-21-16 7:32 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The Ethiopian government said Wednesday its troops have surrounded an area in South Sudan where an armed group is suspected of holding 125 children hostage.
- Ethiopian Boston Marathon winners no sure thing for Olympics Updated: Apr-19-16 2:08 am
BOSTON - The 2016 Boston Marathon was a coronation for Ethiopia, which collected its first-ever sweep of the men's and women's titles.
- The Latest: Bomb survivor runs marathon on prosthetic blade Updated: Apr-18-16 11:42 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on Monday's 120th running of the Boston Marathon (all times local):
- Ethiopians complete 1st-ever sweep of Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-18-16 4:06 pm
BOSTON - The Ethiopians ran past the Kenyans on their way to the Boston Marathon finish line Monday and nearly swept them off the victory podium.
- Ethiopia fires anti-doping committee, to appoint new panel Updated: Apr-12-16 3:23 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Ethiopia has dissolved a committee that was responsible for overseeing the country's anti-doping program.
- Marius Kipserem of Kenya wins Rotterdam Marathon Updated: Apr-10-16 9:52 am
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - Marius Kipserem of Kenya won the 36th Rotterdam Marathon is a personal best time of 2 hours, six minutes and 11 seconds Sunday, making the most of warm and almost wind-free conditions on the course around the Dutch port.
- Ethiopia: 28 people killed in floods in remote regions Updated: Apr-05-16 6:13 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The state broadcaster in Ethiopia says 28 people have been killed in severe flooding in two remote regions.