- Japan held to 0-0 by Singapore in Asian World Cup qualifier Updated: Jun-16-15 5:21 pm
Japan was held to a surprising goalless draw by visiting Singapore while Guam pulled off only its second World Cup qualifying win when it beat India 2-1 on Tuesday.
- Senegal beats Uzbekistan, reaches semis at U-20 World Cup Updated: Jun-14-15 5:42 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Mamadou Thiam scored in the 76th minute to give first-time qualifiers Senegal a 1-0 win over Uzbekistan on Sunday, setting up a semifinal against five-time champion Brazil at the Under-20 World Cup.
- Mali, Senegal lead African charge at Under-20 World Cup Updated: Jun-14-15 4:44 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - African countries captured two semifinal places at the Under-20 World Cup on Sunday as Mali and Senegal kept up their surprising run in the tournament.
- Feds ask to shield witnesses in Idaho terrorism trial Updated: Jun-11-15 3:53 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Prosecutors want a federal judge in Idaho to shield the identities of two witnesses in the trial of an Uzbek refugee charged with helping teach people to build bombs to target public transportation.
- Germany, Brazil win again to top groups at U20 World Cup Updated: Jun-07-15 4:06 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Germany and Brazil had emphatic wins to close the group stages of the FIFA Under-20 World Cup on Sunday, leaving both atop their pools but with tricky assignments ahead in the second round.