- Uzbekistan frees political prisoner Juraev after 21 years Updated: Nov-13-15 7:25 am
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - One of the world's longest-serving political prisoners has been released in Uzbekistan, where he was held for 21 years.
- World Cup qualifying: Leckie out of Australia matches Updated: Nov-10-15 11:48 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia striker Mathew Leckie has been ruled out of Australia's World Cup qualifiers against Kyrgyzstan and Bangladesh with a respiratory infection.
- Kerry says US troops in Syria will only fight Islamic State Updated: Oct-31-15 8:38 am
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry says American special operations troops being sent to Syria will only fight Islamic State militants and won't become involved in the long-running civil war.
- Islamic State on recruitment spree in Russia Updated: Oct-28-15 1:18 pm
MAKHACHKALA, Russia - The Russian province of Dagestan, a flashpoint for Islamic violence in the North Caucasus, is feeding hundreds of fighters to the Islamic State in Syria - and now some are coming back home with experience gained from the battlefield.
- Jedinak, Ryan picked in Australia squad for WCup qualifiers Updated: Oct-27-15 7:48 pm
SYDNEY - Captain Mile Jedinak and goalkeeper Mat Ryan have been recalled to Australia's squad for the World Cup qualifiers agaisnt Kyrgyzstan and Bangladesh.