- Cults of personalities proliferate in Central Asia Updated: May-23-16 11:33 am
DUSHANBE, Tajikistan - Central Asia's autocratic leaders don't want to be liked. They want to be adored.
- Kazakhstan arrests organizers of attempted protests Updated: May-21-16 7:48 am
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - A top Kazakhstan police official says attempts to hold demonstrations against a land-reform measure have been blocked and the prosecutor's office says activists were arrested for trying to organize them.
- Russia says it cracked group preparing Paris-style attacks Updated: May-19-16 9:20 am
MOSCOW - Russia's security chief says his agency has tracked down a group working to prepare "Paris-style" attacks in big Russian cities.
- Kazakhstan calls for nuclear free world by 2045 Updated: May-06-16 6:45 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Kazakhstan is seeking to encourage a wide ranging discussion of the role of religion in fighting extremism and terrorism and it is calling for a nuclear free world by 2045, the 100th anniversary of the United Nations, as the Central Asian nation makes its first bid for a seat on the Security Council.
- Kazakh hurdler Soprunova banned 4 years for doping Updated: Apr-27-16 7:54 am
MOSCOW - Kazakh hurdler Anastasia Soprunova has been given a four-year doping ban and will lose her gold medal from the Asian indoor championships.
- After latest knockout, Golovkin renews his chase of Canelo Updated: Apr-24-16 6:29 pm
INGLEWOOD, California - Saul Alvarez is under pressure that has nothing to do with his fight against Amir Khan in two weeks.