- Mexico coach Herrera fired after claim he punched reporter Updated: Jul-28-15 9:02 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican national team coach Miguel Herrera was fired Tuesday following a television reporter's claim that the man known as "El Piojo" punched him.
- Mexican villagers bulldoze 18th century chapel Updated: Jul-28-15 6:40 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican officials said Tuesday they have filed a criminal complaint after villagers in the central state of Tlaxcala bulldozed a chapel from the 1700s.
- Some victims identified in 1 of 2 Midwest plane crashes Updated: Jul-28-15 3:14 pm
Two teenagers from Mexico were among the seven people killed when two small planes crashed separately within hours of one another in western Wisconsin and southwestern Minnesota, authorities said Tuesday.
- US Navy examines health concerns near Guantanamo court Updated: Jul-28-15 2:44 pm
MEXICO CITY - A complaint lodged with the Pentagon has prompted the U.S. Navy to look into the possible presence of anything that may cause cancer in a section of the base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, a military spokeswoman said Tuesday.
- Mexico struggles to clean seaweed surge from Cancun beaches Updated: Jul-28-15 9:45 am
MEXICO CITY - Authorities on Mexico's Caribbean coast said Monday they are redoubling efforts to remove tons of sargassum seaweed that has been washing ashore in recent weeks.
- Mexico national team coach allegedly hits TV journalist Updated: Jul-27-15 10:09 pm
MEXICO CITY - The coach of Mexico's national soccer team is known for his histrionic displays of emotion during games.
- Mexico finds cocaine diluted in fruit shipment from Colombia Updated: Jul-27-15 8:08 pm
MEXICO CITY - Customs and law enforcement personnel in Mexico say they found an undetermined amount of cocaine dissolved in fruit pulp imported from Colombia.
- FDA bans some Mexican cilantro after feces found in fields Updated: Jul-27-15 5:59 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration is banning imports of some fresh cilantro from Puebla, Mexico, after a government investigation found human feces and toilet paper in growing fields there.
- Amnesty: Mexico bodies report highlights 'shocking' crisis Updated: Jul-27-15 4:55 pm
MEXICO CITY - The discovery of 129 bodies in clandestine graves during months of searching for 43 missing students highlights a crisis of disappearances in Mexico, Amnesty International said Monday.
- 11 killed in violence in northeast Mexico Updated: Jul-27-15 3:43 pm
CIUDAD VICTORIA, Mexico - Eleven people, including two state police officers, have been killed in northeast Mexico along the Texas border, a state security official said Monday.
- CONCACAF known for corruption as much as soccer Updated: Jul-27-15 12:09 am
PHILADELPHIA - The banner moments of this year's CONCACAF Gold Cup belong to Panama.
- Mexico police bust greenhouses with genetically modified pot Updated: Jul-26-15 8:13 pm
MEXICO CITY - Federal authorities in Mexico say they arrested 22 Colombians and three Mexicans using greenhouses to grow genetically modified and cloned marijuana.
- Escaped Mexican drug lord no saint, but lesser evil at home Updated: Jul-25-15 5:52 pm
BADIRAGUATO, Mexico - People living in the hometown of drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman have heard stories of his benevolence: gifts of medicine for the poor, deliveries of drinking water to storm-stricken towns. But finding anyone who's actually received or even seen such a gift is another matter.
- Lightning strike kills 7, including 4 children, in Mexico Updated: Jul-24-15 10:10 pm
MEXICO CITY - Authorities say a lightning strike has killed seven people, including four children, in a rural part of central Mexico.
- Pan Am racquetball champion would like to be in Olympics Updated: Jul-24-15 4:42 pm
TORONTO - Paola Longoria of Mexico has won all that she can.
- Mexico rights group: Errors, omissions in case of 43 missing Updated: Jul-23-15 9:55 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's National Human Rights Commission is questioning the government's investigation into what happened to 43 missing college students who investigators say were killed and incinerated last September.
- Mexico officials: Slain 12-year-old boy was far from clash Updated: Jul-23-15 9:41 pm
MORELIA, Mexico - A 12-year-old boy shot dead earlier this week was killed far from the site of a clash between security forces and protesters, Mexican authorities said Thursday.
- At Mexico's narco cemetery, graves await the inevitable Updated: Jul-23-15 4:11 pm
CULIACAN, Mexico - Palatial tombs mark the final resting spots of top narcotics traffickers in the Jardines de Humaya cemetery in the Sinaloa state capital of Culiacan.
- Panama federation calls Gold Cup refereeing 'insulting' Updated: Jul-23-15 2:41 pm
PANAMA CITY - The Panamanian Football Federation has demanded the removal of CONCACAF's referee selection panel after describing the officiating in the Gold Cup semifinal loss to Mexico as "insulting and embarrassing."
- Ducey meets with Sonora governor-elect Updated: Jul-23-15 9:04 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has met with the soon-to-be governor of the Mexican state of Sonora to talk cross-border partnerships.
- New tropical depression forms in the Pacific Updated: Jul-23-15 8:11 am
MIAMI - A new tropical depression has formed over the open waters of the Pacific but isn't an immediate threat to land.
- Guardado lifts Mexico past angry Panama, 2-1, in Gold Cup Updated: Jul-23-15 1:23 am
ATLANTA - A night of conflict and controversy ended with referees surrounded by security and another win by Mexico surrounded by suspicion.
- Tigres to play River Plate in Copa Libertadores final Updated: Jul-22-15 11:11 pm
MONTERREY, Mexico - Tigres of Mexico defeated Brazilian side Internacional 3-1 on Wednesday to advance to the Copa Libertadores final for the first time.
- After escape, Mexico cartel boss faces altered drug business Updated: Jul-22-15 12:06 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's most powerful drug lord, Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, has a lot to catch up on as he returns to a drug-trafficking landscape that has shifted considerably during his 17 months behind bars.
- Mexico tops Costa Rica 1-0 in Gold Cup on late penalty Updated: Jul-20-15 12:06 am
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Mexico earned chance after chance to score against Costa Rica.