- Mexico City investigates reports of dog poisoning at park Updated: Oct-06-15 6:31 pm
MEXICO CITY - A popular dog run in a picturesque Mexico City park remained closed Tuesday following reported cases of dog poisoning.
- Mexico to appeal ruling freeing 4 soldiers in army slayings Updated: Oct-06-15 5:19 pm
MEXICO CITY - Federal prosecutors announced they will appeal a Mexican judge's decision to dismiss criminal charges against four of seven soldiers charged in the 2014 killing of 22 gang suspects, at least 12 of whom investigators say were shot after they surrendered.
- Trump's bluster is heard around the world Updated: Oct-06-15 12:33 pm
BALMEDIE, Scotland - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump is well-known in this serene coastal section of Scotland, where shimmering golden sand dunes meet the ice-blue North Sea and people play on his golf course. He's known in the Himalayas, too, far from any sign with his name on it. And in the Middle East, Africa and beyond.
- Texas inmate says he shouldn't die for $8 robbery, slaying Updated: Oct-05-15 8:55 pm
HOUSTON - A Texas inmate set to be executed Tuesday acknowledges fatally shooting a Mexican man who was robbed of $8 and had just moved his family to Houston, but insists he doesn't deserve to die for the killing 17 years ago.
- Rare ferrets find new home on former toxic site in Denver Updated: Oct-05-15 8:55 pm
DENVER - Rare black-footed ferrets chattered angrily before dashing out of pet carriers and ducking into burrows Monday at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge - a milestone for the highly endangered animals and for the former toxic waste site on the industrial edge of Denver.
- Mother of murder suspects arrested for helping them escape Updated: Oct-05-15 12:21 pm
PHOENIX - Federal officials say a mother who helped her children evade murder charges has been captured near the Arizona-Mexico border.
- Mexico beats Costa Rica 4-0 in Olympic qualifying opener Updated: Oct-03-15 1:56 am
CARSON, California - Marco Bueno scored twice and defending Olympic champion Mexico beat Costa Rica 4-0 on Friday night in their Group B opener in CONCACAF qualifying for the 2016 Rio Games.
- Honduras beats Haiti 1-0 in Olympic qualifying opener Updated: Oct-02-15 11:13 pm
CARSON, California - Antony Lozano scored in the sixth minute and Honduras held on to beat Haiti 1-0 on Friday night in their Group B opener in CONCACAF qualifying for the 2016 Olympics.
- Commission: Mexico needs special prosecutor for missing 43 Updated: Oct-02-15 9:29 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico needs to appoint a special prosecutor to handle the case of 43 missing college students, whose fate remains a mystery a year after they disappeared at the hands of local police and a drug gang, the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights said Friday.
- Mexico: endangered vaquita porpoises seen in Sea of Cortez Updated: Oct-02-15 2:19 pm
MEXICO CITY - A newly launched effort to find critically endangered vaquita marina porpoises has already spotted at least two and perhaps three of the elusive, rarely seen creatures in Mexico's Sea of Cortez.
- Fugitive accused of torturing prostitutes found in Mexico Updated: Oct-02-15 12:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A fugitive wanted in the kidnapping and torture of two prostitutes nearly a quarter century ago is back in an Oregon jail after being arrested in Mexico.
- Mexico extraditions part of new working relationship with US Updated: Oct-02-15 9:05 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexico has extradited 13 people to the United States, including two top drug traffickers, because of a new streamlined process between the two countries - and not because of the recent escape of Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, officials said.
- Ambassador talks to refugee camp via video link at UN Updated: Oct-02-15 2:03 am
NEW YORK - The muscular young man on one side of the video link spoke of his flight from Syria and his life since 2012 at the Za'atari refugee camp in Jordan, where he teaches wrestling to boys.
- Q&A: Villeneuve and Deakins talk light and dark in 'Sicario' Updated: Oct-01-15 6:05 pm
TORONTO - "The Prince of Darkness" was the nickname of cinematographer legend Gordon Willis, but Roger Deakins, too, has shown a kingly command of shadows.
- Mexico's 'cooking nun' takes TV shot to pay order's debts Updated: Oct-01-15 1:27 pm
PUEBLA, Mexico - A plain-spoken Mexican nun has become an unlikely television star while trying to save her congregation from mounting debts.
- FBI expands search for missing Bellevue boys Updated: Oct-01-15 5:43 am
BELLEVUE, Washington - The FBI has expanded its search for two missing Bellevue boys to include Canada and Tijuana, Mexico, as well as southwestern states.
- Mexico extradites top capos, others from max security jail Updated: Sep-30-15 8:20 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico extradited 13 people to the United States on Wednesday, including two top drug lords and several suspects in two high-profile 2011 crimes involving Americans - an attack on immigration agents in San Luis Potosi and the killing of consulate workers in Ciudad Juarez.
- Woman relieved by fugitive's arrest in Mexico decades later Updated: Sep-30-15 7:26 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - An Idaho woman expressed relief Wednesday that a fugitive wanted in the kidnapping and torture of two women in suburban Portland, Oregon, nearly a quarter century ago has been arrested at a hotel in Mexico.
- Mexican singer to be sent to South Carolina for assault case Updated: Sep-30-15 6:43 pm
SAN BERNARDINO, California - Regional Mexican music singer and television star Larry Hernandez will be extradited to South Carolina where he has been accused of kidnapping and assault during a business dispute, a judge ruled Wednesday.
- US: Lieutenant of 'El Chapo' Guzman killed in Mexico Updated: Sep-30-15 4:29 pm
CHICAGO - U.S. prosecutors say a purported lieutenant of drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has been killed in Mexico.
- Mexico receives better response in 2nd auction of oil sites Updated: Sep-30-15 2:16 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's second auction aimed at drawing private companies into its petroleum sector has been better received than the first, attracting bids on most of the blocks offered.
- A grandmother's ordeal in the hands of Mexican kidnappers Updated: Sep-30-15 12:27 pm
AHUEHUEPAN, Mexico - The kidnappers promised Yolanda Alvarez Antunez they would free her husband after she paid the ransom. The mother of five, grandmother of 13 saw no other option.
- Mexico to start special zones in underdeveloped areas Updated: Sep-29-15 4:51 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's president has proposed creating three "special economic zones" to spur development in the country's poorer southern areas.
- El Paso abortion clinic reopens amid Texas court battles Updated: Sep-29-15 3:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An El Paso clinic shuttered by Texas' tough 2013 abortion law reopened Tuesday, the first in the state to do so since the U.S. Supreme Court temporarily blocked enforcement of some key restrictions three months ago.
- The Latest: Fugitive back in US after 24 years on the run Updated: Sep-29-15 1:32 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The latest on the capture of an Oregon fugitive who fled kidnapping and torture charges 25 years ago (all times local):