- Guatemala court lifts immunity for 3 lawmakers in graft case Updated: Jul-30-15 4:37 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's Supreme Court has withdrawn the immunity from prosecution for three members of congress with alleged links to corruption.
- Police: Dallas airport security breach involved lovelorn man Updated: Jul-28-15 5:19 pm
GRAPEVINE, Texas - Police say a man blamed for a security breach at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport slipped onto a jet to try to stop his girlfriend from leaving.
- Guatemala extradites alleged drug trafficker to US Updated: Jul-24-15 3:46 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - An alleged member of the Zetas drug organization in Guatemala has been extradited to the United States.
- Guatemala ex-dictator sent for observation, delaying trial Updated: Jul-23-15 9:26 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - A Guatemalan court ordered former dictator Efrain Rios Montt put in a psychiatric hospital for nine days' observation on Thursday, once again delaying his retrial on genocide charges.
- UN: Criminal groups fund 25 percent of Guatemala's politics Updated: Jul-16-15 7:53 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - A quarter of the money fueling Guatemalan politics comes from criminal organizations, primarily drug traffickers, according to a report released Thursday by a United Nations commission.
- Cuba advances with 1-0 Gold Cup win over Guatemala Updated: Jul-15-15 10:29 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Maikel Reyes missed Cuba's first CONCACAF Gold Cup pool play game due to visa problems. He made sure his country didn't miss reaching the quarterfinals, though.
- Mexico finishes in a disappointing 0-0 tie with Guatemala Updated: Jul-13-15 12:41 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Mexican national soccer team endured a night of frustration in front of tens of thousands of its fans.
- The Latest: Trump tweets Guzman's escape proves his claims Updated: Jul-12-15 8:44 pm
MEXICO CITY - Here are the latest developments about Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's escape from prison:
- Trinidad opens Gold Cup with 3-1 win over Guatemala Updated: Jul-09-15 9:35 pm
CHICAGO - Sheldon Bateau and Cordell Cato scored within three minutes of each other, and Joevin Jones added another first half goal to give Trinidad and Tobago a 3-1 win over Guatemala in the Gold Cup Group C opener Thursday night.
- 2 migrants die in truck crash in southern Mexico Updated: Jul-06-15 6:49 pm
MEXICO CITY - Two Central American migrants died and a dozen more were injured when a truck carrying 41 migrants overturned in southern Mexico, immigration authorities said Monday.