- Congo's president inaugurates new airport terminal, tower Updated: Jun-25-15 11:21 am
KINSHASA, Congo - Congo's president on Thursday inaugurated a new airport terminal building and control tower at the capital's airport, nearly 60 years after it first opened.
- Former Congo rebel leader's ICC trial to start in July Updated: Jun-16-15 10:14 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The International Criminal Court says the trial of former Congo militia leader Bosco Ntaganda will start in July, weighing charges including murder, rape and using child soldiers.
- Congo army, UN take on rebel group in northeast Updated: Jun-10-15 1:52 pm
KINSHASA, Congo - Congolese soldiers backed by U.N. forces have launched a military operation against a rebel group in the country's northeast and have killed at least 34 militants, officials said Wednesday.
- Congo slams US for political 'interference' in elections Updated: Jun-08-15 1:44 pm
KINSHASA, Congo - The Congolese government has slammed statements by a visiting U.S. official about the ongoing election dialogue as "unacceptable" and "intolerable" interference in the country's internal affairs.
- US diplomat urges Congo, UN to join forces against rebels Updated: Jun-04-15 3:22 pm
KINSHASA, Congo - Congo's army and U.N. forces should work together in the fight against rebels in the east, a top U.S. State Department official said Thursday, despite lingering concerns about the human rights records of Congolese generals involved in the campaign.