- Rebels in eastern Congo kill 6, kidnap 14 in village attack Updated: Feb-13-16 9:59 am
KINSHASA, Congo - Rebels in northeast Congo killed six civilians and kidnapped 14 others, a local activist group reported Saturday, the latest attack in a region the United Nations says is facing deteriorating security.
- Major ivory network dismantled in Congo, wildlife group says Updated: Feb-13-16 6:24 am
KINSHASA, Congo - Authorities in Congo have dismantled a major ivory network, arresting three traffickers in a blow to poaching operations that threaten the survival of the African forest elephant, the conservation group WWF said.
- Indiana delegation asks Obama to act on Congolese adoptions Updated: Feb-03-16 5:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's congressional delegation is urging President Barack Obama to prod the president of Congo to allow hundreds of legally adopted orphaned children to join their new families in the United States.
- Congo drafts new adoption legislation, reviews pending cases Updated: Jan-19-16 12:55 pm
KINSHASA, Congo - Congo has drafted new adoption legislation and reviewed cases pending since it halted international adoptions in 2013, the government said Tuesday.
- UN envoy warns of risk of violence in Congo ahead of vote Updated: Jan-14-16 9:12 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. envoy for Congo warned Thursday of "the very real risks" of civil unrest and violence in the run-up to scheduled legislative and presidential elections in November.