- World music star Papa Wemba dies after collapsing on stage Updated: Apr-24-16 9:22 am
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast - Papa Wemba, a musician known around the world as the king of Congolese rumba, has died following a collapse on stage during a concert, officials said. He was 66.
- UN: Moroccan peacekeeper killed in Central African Republic Updated: Apr-18-16 1:57 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The U.N. says a Moroccan peacekeeper has been killed by unknown gunmen in Central African Republic.
- Correction: UN-Congo-Sexual Abuse Updated: Apr-17-16 1:10 pm
KINSHASA, Congo - In a story April 16 about the U.N. mission in Congo vowing action against Tanzanian peacekeepers accused of sexual abuses, The Associated Press incorrectly quoted mission head Maman Sidikou as saying 18 cases of rape have been reported involving the Tanzanians. Sidikou said 18 cases of sexual abuse have been reported, not rape.
- Family endures 3-year struggle adopting Congo child Updated: Apr-11-16 9:20 am
AMESBURY, Massachusetts - Jennifer Runnion's life on a see-saw is over after her adopted daughter Sunny has come home to a place she had never seen before.
- Congo striker could quit team over treatment Updated: Apr-06-16 12:47 pm
LONDON - A footballer caught up in the bombings in Brussels could stop playing for Congo, saying Wednesday he has been unfairly treated by team officials who want to suspend him for failing to report for international duty after the attacks.
- Suspected rebels kill ranger in Congo park Updated: Apr-01-16 7:37 am
JOHANNESBURG - Suspected rebels in Congo killed a wildlife ranger returning from a mission to track endangered gorillas, a conservation group said Friday.
- UN calls for Congo elections to be held on time in November Updated: Mar-30-16 7:48 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution Wednesday calling for presidential and legislative elections in Congo to be held on schedule in November and rejecting the government's demand to cut the 20,000-strong U.N. peacekeeping force in the country in half by the end of the year.