- Gunmen assault airport in east Congo; at least 6 dead Updated: Jun-02-15 7:24 am
KINSHASA, Congo - Officials say at least six people are dead following an attack on the largest airport in eastern Congo.
- Congo to allow some foreign adoptions despite ban Updated: May-30-15 1:10 pm
KINSHASA, Congo - Congo plans to allow 71 children whose adoptions were interrupted by a 2013 suspension to join families in the U.S. and four other countries next week, an official told The Associated Press on Saturday.
- Congo electoral commission updates voter list Updated: May-23-15 9:56 am
KINSHASA, Congo - Congo's national electoral commission has updated the country's electoral list ahead of local and provincial elections later this year, the commission said.
- Congo assesses $6.7 billion contracts with Chinese Updated: May-21-15 11:58 am
KINSHASA, Congo - Congo's government is bringing in outside experts to investigate the long-term impact of some $6.7 billion in contracts with Chinese companies that critics say could exploit the central African nation's mineral riches.
- Inmate claims his sentencing was influenced by ethnic bias Updated: May-15-15 4:22 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A man sentenced to 38 years in prison for the killing of his roommate has asked the Maine Supreme Judicial Court to have his sentence reconsidered.
- 23 people killed by rebels in villages in Congo's east Updated: May-14-15 10:11 am
KINSHASA, Congo - Suspected rebels in Congo's North Kivu province using machetes and axes killed 23 people in overnight attacks on villages in the country's east, an official said Thursday.