- Boko Haram attack on northern Nigerian city kills 20 Updated: Jun-02-15 2:01 pm
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - Boko Haram once again attacked the northeast Nigerian city of Maiduguri on Tuesday, waking residents with deafening explosions in the early hours of the morning and then a suicide bombing that witnesses said killed as many as 20 people.
- Nigerian president to visit Chad, Niger on 1st official trip Updated: Jun-01-15 2:41 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's new president will visit Chad and Niger, making the countries whose troops help fight Boko Haram a priority on his first official travels outside the country, an official said Monday.
- Maryland beats North Carolina 14-7 in lacrosse quarterfinals Updated: May-17-15 6:49 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Bryan Cole matched his career high with five points and fellow midfielder Joe LoCascio had four to help Maryland beat North Carolina 14-7 on Sunday in the NCAA Division I lacrosse quarterfinals at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
- 3,000 Nigerians escaping Boko Haram deported from Niger Updated: May-06-15 3:09 pm
GAIDAM, Nigeria - Niger troops have deported more than 3,000 Nigerian fishermen and refugees escaping Boko Haram, forcing them to undertake a brutal three-day trek in which at least a dozen people died, an official and witnesses said Wednesday.
- Nigerian troops who fled Boko Haram now have them on the run Updated: May-06-15 4:47 am
YOLA, Nigeria - A year ago, a dozen Nigerian troops fighting about 200 Boko Haram militants in the town of Chibok exhausted their ammunition and ran, leaving the road open for the abduction of nearly 300 girls.