- Chad ex-dictator found guilty, sentence to life for abuses Updated: May-30-16 11:42 am
DAKAR, Senegal - Chad's former dictator Hissene Habre was found guilty and sentenced to life imprisonment for crimes against humanity, war crimes, torture and sex crimes during his time in power, Judge Gberdao Gustave Kam said Monday, ending the trial that began in July 2015.
- US welcomes conviction of Chad's ex-dictator Updated: May-30-16 9:52 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has welcomed the conviction of former Chadian dictator Hissene Habre for war crimes and crimes against humanity.
- Japan shares G-7 push for inclusive growth with Asia, Africa Updated: May-28-16 7:14 am
NAGOYA, Japan - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is sharing a push by the Group of Seven advanced industrial nations to promote inclusive growth across the globe in meetings with leaders of seven developing countries.
- The Latest: G-7 wants to close gaps on fighting extremism Updated: May-27-16 1:03 am
ISE, Japan - The latest news on the Group of Seven summit in Japan, where the leaders of the seven advanced economies are meeting for two days (all times local):
- Passengers on EgyptAir flight included businessmen, parents Updated: May-20-16 2:54 pm
PARIS - The 66 people lost aboard EgyptAir Flight 804 included a businessman adored by his colleagues, a language and history scholar and a mother caring for a daughter with cancer. A look at the lives of the dead: