- Little help for survivors of Central African Republic abuses Updated: Apr-20-16 3:18 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The peacekeepers motioned to the teenage girl weaving through the sprawling camp in the baking afternoon sun selling bananas from a plate atop her head. Soon their real intentions were clear: They yanked her inside their tent and began unbuttoning their pants.
- UN: Moroccan peacekeeper killed in Central African Republic Updated: Apr-18-16 1:57 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The U.N. says a Moroccan peacekeeper has been killed by unknown gunmen in Central African Republic.
- Group reports 41 new sex abuse cases in C.African Republic Updated: Apr-13-16 4:17 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A U.S.-based advocacy group that recently disclosed nearly 100 allegations of sexual abuse by international peacekeepers in Central African Republic said Wednesday the United Nations has documented 41 additional cases.
- UN: Biggest killer of kids in CAfrican Republic not bullets Updated: Apr-12-16 12:54 am
UNITED NATIONS - Three years after conflict erupted in the Central African Republic, the biggest killers of children aren't bullets but malnutrition, malaria, respiratory infections and diarrhea, the United Nations said Monday.
- New sexual assault probe targets French troops in CAR Updated: Apr-05-16 1:16 pm
PARIS - French judicial authorities have launched an investigation into new U.N. allegations of sexual abuse targeting French troops in the Central African Republic.