- Orphanage founder returns to Haiti after US jury ruling Updated: Jul-29-15 5:46 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - A U.S. citizen who founded a Haiti orphanage for boys returned to the Caribbean country Wednesday after a U.S. jury ordered an activist to pay $14.5 million in damages for falsely accusing him of sexually abusing children in his care.
- Chelsea Clinton in Haiti to visit family foundation projects Updated: Jul-28-15 8:52 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Chelsea Clinton on Tuesday encouraged women to educate themselves and learn how to be more independent during a trip to Haiti to oversee projects financed by the Clinton Foundation.
- EXCHANGE: A Joliet Franciscan reflects on road to ministry Updated: Jul-26-15 11:35 am
JOLIET, Illinois - Back in 1969, Sister MaryAnn Jerkofsky graduated from Baylor Medical School in Texas with a doctorate in virology.
- Maine activist says he hopes accusers find justice in Haiti Updated: Jul-24-15 1:32 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine activist convicted of defaming the founder of a Haiti orphanage said Friday that he hopes the seven men who accused the former Catholic brother of sexual abuse will find justice in the island nation.
- Jamaica beats Haiti 1-0, will play US in Gold Cup semifinal Updated: Jul-18-15 11:32 pm
BALTIMORE - About a yard from the goal line and at the edge of the 6-yard box, Giles Barnes did not have much to shoot for.
- Many leave Dominican Republic for Haiti to avoid deportation Updated: Jul-14-15 12:08 am
OUANAMINTHE, Haiti - Thousands of people from Haiti or merely of Haitian descent aren't waiting to see if they'll be forcibly removed from the Dominican Republic now that the deadline has passed to apply for legal residency.
- Haiti beats Honduras 1-0 in CONCACAF Gold Cup group match Updated: Jul-13-15 9:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Duckens Nazon scored the only goal and Haiti took a big step toward advancing from the group stage of the CONCACAF Gold Cup for the first time with a 1-0 victory over Honduras on Monday night.
- US beats Haiti 1-0 in Gold Cup, clinches group title Updated: Jul-11-15 12:47 am
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Gyasi Zardes didn't wait long to make an impact for the United States in its Gold Cup match against Haiti on Friday night.
- Late goal gives Haiti 1-1 tie with Panama in Gold Cup opener Updated: Jul-07-15 10:00 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Duckens Nazon scored on a nifty breakaway move in the 85th minute to give Haiti a 1-1 tie with Panama in the CONCACAF Gold Cup opener Tuesday night.
- UN leader offers assistance in Guyana-Venezuela dispute Updated: Jul-03-15 4:08 pm
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday offered assistance to resolve an escalating border dispute between Guyana and Venezuela.