- Dominican Republic union leader held in murder investigation Updated: Nov-27-15 4:57 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - A judge in the Dominican Republic has ordered the leader of a public transportation union held for one year while authorities investigate allegations of his involvement in several killings.
- Dominican officials say at least 11 dead in bus collision Updated: Nov-26-15 6:09 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - At least 11 people died and over 70 were injured Thursday when two buses carrying tourism workers collided on a road between two resort towns in the eastern Dominican Republic.
- Almonte lifts Aguilas Cibaenas past Cardenales de Lara Updated: Nov-23-15 12:10 am
MIAMI - Zoilo Almonte broke a tie with a two-run single in the top of the ninth inning to lead Aguilas Cibaenas to a 4-3 victory over Cardenales de Lara on Sunday night in the championship game of the inaugural Serie de las Americas professional baseball tournament at Marlins Park.
- Tigres del Licey beats Navegantes de Magallanes 4-2 Updated: Nov-22-15 6:53 pm
MIAMI - Rymer Liriano hit a tiebreaking RBI double in the ninth inning, and Tigres del Licey of the Dominican Republic Winter League beat Navegantes de Magallanes of the Venezuelan Winter League 4-2 in an exhibition on the second day of the inaugural Serie de las Americas on Sunday at Marlins Park.
- 3 Syrians detained in St. Maarten, 1 stopped in Honduras Updated: Nov-21-15 5:40 pm
PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten - Three Syrians traveling with fake Greek passports are being held in the Dutch Caribbean island of St. Maarten, authorities said, while officials in the Central American nation of Honduras reported detaining a Syrian and two Pakistanis traveling by bus Saturday.
- Beaverton man arrested during vacation in Dominican Republic Updated: Nov-20-15 1:09 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Beaverton man is stranded in the Dominican Republic after authorities accused him of striking a motorcyclist with a rental car.
- Dombrowski and Ramirez meet to discuss move to first base Updated: Nov-09-15 8:10 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - The Boston Red Sox want to see less of Hanley Ramirez next season.
- Remains of US businessman identified in Dominican Republic Updated: Nov-04-15 4:52 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - Authorities in the Dominican Republic have identified the remains of an expatriate U.S. businessman missing since November 2014 and plan to file charges against two people suspected of involvement in his death.
- France arrests 2 pilots who fled Caribbean over drug term Updated: Nov-02-15 10:03 am
PARIS - Two French pilots who escaped the Dominican Republic to avoid 20-year prison terms for cocaine trafficking have been arrested at their homes before being taken to a judge.
- Royals' Volquez to start possible clincher after dad's death Updated: Nov-01-15 1:16 am
NEW YORK - Edinson Volquez will have his dad on his mind Sunday night when he tries to pitch the Kansas City Royals to their first World Series title in 30 years.
- Royals' rotation puts the 'world' in the World Series Updated: Oct-29-15 8:58 pm
NEW YORK - Yordano Ventura is the flamethrower who stares down hitters. Johnny Cueto has flowing dreadlocks and nicknamed his motion "The Rocking Chair." Edinson Volquez is the always ebullient guy who pitched just hours after his dad died.