- Springfield heroin trafficker sentenced to serve 9-10 years Updated: May-24-16 6:14 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A 53-year-old native of the Dominican Republic who had been living illegally in Springfield has been sentenced to serve between nine and 10 years behind bars for trafficking heroin.
- Dominican agency: 2 new deaths from Zika-related syndrome Updated: May-19-16 5:08 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - The Dominican Republic on Thursday reported two new deaths from a paralyzing disorder linked to the mosquito-borne Zika virus that is spreading through the hemisphere.
- High court rules against NY man denied re-entry to US Updated: May-19-16 11:03 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is making it easier for the government to deport or otherwise remove people who are not U.S. citizens if they are convicted of seemingly minor state crimes.
- Opposition candidate concedes loss in Dominican Republic Updated: May-17-16 3:37 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - The leading opposition candidate for president of the Dominican Republic grudgingly conceded his loss Tuesday, accusing the winner and his ruling party of taking advantage of the power of the state to ensure their victory.
- Man facing illegal re-entry, drug charges to plead guilty Updated: May-16-16 7:03 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A man who was arrested in Delaware earlier this year on immigration and drug charges after having been deported five times to the Dominican Republic has agreed to enter a guilty plea in federal court.
- Senator withdraws bill making Delaware a "sanctuary state" Updated: May-13-16 1:14 am
DOVER, Delaware - A Democratic state senator running for Congress has withdrawn legislation that would have made Delaware a "sanctuary state."
- Dominican Republic president seems destined for re-election Updated: May-13-16 12:00 am
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - President Danilo Medina squeaked into his first term in a close election in 2012, and soon faced violent protests over his party's handling of the economy. He was barred by the Dominican Republic's constitution from running for s second straight term.
- About 2,500 people evacuated in Dominican Republic flooding Updated: May-08-16 5:42 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - About 2,500 people have been evacuated in the Dominican Republic because of flooding caused by heavy rains over the previous 12 days, relief agencies said Sunday.
- Turbulence injures 7 on Pittsburgh-bound jet from Punta Cana Updated: May-06-16 9:07 am
PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh-bound flight from Punta Cana had to be diverted to Florida after four crew members and three passengers were injured from unexpected turbulence.