- AC/DC's Rudd pleads not guilty to breaching detention rules Updated: Aug-02-15 10:52 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleaded not guilty on Monday to breaching the rules of his home detention sentence by drinking alcohol.
- Lawsuit: Bosses let rules-breaking sailor compete in Cup Updated: Aug-01-15 11:59 pm
SAN DIEGO - Top officials with Oracle Team USA knew grinder Matt Mitchell didn't illegally alter a catamaran used in warmup regattas and yet let a rules-breaking sailor compete in the 2013 America's Cup, according to a lawsuit filed in federal court in San Francisco.
- Pacific trade ministers fail to reach deal in Hawaii talks Updated: Aug-01-15 1:10 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Trade ministers from a dozen Pacific Rim nations failed to reach a deal on a new trade agreement that would cover nearly 40 percent of the global economy, U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman said Friday.
- Tracing back debris to find Flight 370 may prove impossible Updated: Jul-31-15 6:31 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - If it's confirmed that a wing fragment found on a remote island in the Indian Ocean is from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, lost more than 500 days ago, could scientists use their knowledge of ocean currents to trace back its path and pinpoint the bulk of the wreck?
- New Zealand appeals Olympics disqualification Updated: Jul-31-15 2:50 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand Football has appealed the disqualification of its Under-23 team from the Oceania Olympic qualifying tournament for use of an ineligible player.
- Relatives torn over possible 1st debris from missing MH370 Updated: Jul-30-15 5:25 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Jacquita Gomes is torn about whether to believe that plane debris found more than 16 months after the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is the first concrete evidence that her husband is truly gone.
- US official: Plane debris in Indian Ocean same type as MH370 Updated: Jul-30-15 12:37 am
WASHINGTON - Air safety investigators have a "high degree of confidence" that aircraft debris found in the Indian Ocean is of a wing component unique to the Boeing 777, the same model as the Malaysia Airlines plane that disappeared last year, a U.S. official said Wednesday.
- Steven Adams unavailable for New Zealand national team Updated: Jul-27-15 2:26 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Oklahoma City Thunder center Steven Adams has made himself unavailable for New Zealand's Oceania Olympic basketball qualifying series against Australia next month.
- Second body found in New Zealand search for Canadian hikers Updated: Jul-26-15 10:07 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand police said Monday they have found and recovered a second body from a field of avalanche debris during a search for two missing Canadian hikers.
- Kiwi DNA study reveals bird lost color vision Updated: Jul-22-15 9:01 pm
BERLIN - Scientists say they have sequenced the genome of the brown kiwi for the first time, revealing that the shy, flightless bird likely lost its ability to see colors after it became nocturnal tens of millions of years ago.
- Hiking the Great Walks on New Zealand's rugged South Island Updated: Jul-21-15 7:43 am
FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK, New Zealand - Several items are essential for exploring the magical Southern Alps mountains that run across New Zealand's South Island: insect repellent, rain gear and ear plugs.
- Mills out; Bogut, Dellavedova drafted into Australia squad Updated: Jul-13-15 9:53 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Patty Mills will miss Australia's Olympic qualifying series in Oceania after being ruled out of a 12-man squad containing fellow NBA players Andrew Bogut and Matthew Dellavedova.
- British Open, Tee Times Updated: Jul-13-15 10:06 am
- New Zealand to appeal disqualification from Oly qualifier Updated: Jul-13-15 2:05 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand Football says it will appeal the decision of the Oceania Football Confederation to disqualify its under-23 team from the regional Olympic qualifying tournament for fielding an ineligible player.
- New Zealand ejected from Oceania Olympic qualifier Updated: Jul-12-15 3:47 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand has been ejected from Sunday's final of the Oceania Olympic qualifying football series after being found to have fielded an ineligible player during a semifinal against Vanuatu.
- As habitats vanish, migratory birds flock to N. Korea shores Updated: Jul-11-15 2:13 am
TOKYO - To the untrained eye, it's just a lot of birds on an otherwise deserted stretch of muddy, flat coastline. But for ornithologists, North Korea's west coast is a little piece of paradise each spring - and both the birds and a dedicated group of birdwatchers travel a long way to get there.
- Vanuatu wins 46-0 in Pacific Games football tournament Updated: Jul-07-15 1:18 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Vanuatu beat the Federated States of Micronesia by the extraordinary score of 46-0 in their Olympic qualifying football match at the Pacific Games in Papua New Guinea on Tuesday.
- Excitement runs high in Samoa ahead of All Blacks test Updated: Jul-06-15 11:18 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - For New Zealand and Samoa, the long journey to this year's Rugby World Cup in England and Wales starts Wednesday with a one-off rugby test thousands of miles away - at palm-fringed Apia Park in the Samoan capital.