- Portugal into Under-20 World Cup playoffs Updated: Jun-03-15 5:18 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Portugal swept imperiously into the knockout rounds of the Under-20 World Cup with a 4-0 win over Qatar on Wednesday, while Mexico revived its campaign after a woeful opening match by defeating Uruguay 2-1.
- Brazil beats Nigeria, Germany routs Fiji at U20 World Cup Updated: Jun-01-15 2:48 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Striker Judivan scored twice as Brazil beat Nigeria 4-2 on Monday in a thrilling start to its FIFA Under-20 World Cup campaign.
- Sepp Blatter makes special mention of his Oceania support Updated: May-30-15 6:45 am
Sepp Blatter had no sooner been returned as president of FIFA during a controversy-filled week when he took time Friday to thank his friends in the most remote and smallest of the six international football confederations.
- New stars likely to be found at Under-20 World Cup in NZ Updated: May-29-15 1:29 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A world away from the turmoil of corruption and political infighting plaguing soccer, there will be a reminder this weekend of what is best about the game - the talent showcase of the Under-20 World Cup.
- Ghana, Nigeria lead African challenge at Under-20 World Cup Updated: May-28-15 10:03 pm
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - While Africa's senior teams have struggled to make an impact at the World Cup, the juniors have had considerable success.
- 5 Players to watch at the Under-20 World Cup Updated: May-28-15 12:57 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Five players to watch at the FIFA Under-20 World Cup, which kicks off Saturday in New Zealand:
- Myanmar's month of milestones on international soccer stage Updated: May-28-15 3:32 am
For Myanmar's fledgling soccer squad, it doesn't get much better than this.
- Things to know about the Under-20 World Cup Updated: May-28-15 3:24 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The under-20 World Cup kicks off Saturday in New Zealand and will likely feature some of the stars of the future. Here's some things to know:
- Organizers: U20 World Cup unaffected by FIFA investigation Updated: May-28-15 1:58 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Football New Zealand doesn't expect the arrests of some leading FIFA executives on corruption charges to have any impact on the Under-20 World Cup, which kicks off Saturday.
- Lonely man finds a home in Islam, and then in Islamic State Updated: May-21-15 1:04 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Before he left New Zealand, Mark Taylor spoke with a local television network. "I've been lonely all my life," he said. "Been rejected by people. Used by people. Abused by people."
- Exodus from New Zealand to Australia reverses after 24 years Updated: May-21-15 3:01 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Australia's warmer climate and higher wages have long lured droves of New Zealanders across the Tasman Sea with the aim of making a better life in the "lucky country."
- New Zealand fails to deliver promised budget surplus Updated: May-21-15 12:20 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand's government on Thursday blamed low inflation for its failure to deliver a promised budget surplus this year but said it remains on target to get its books into the black next year.
- New Zealand man on cross-country bike trip reaches ND Updated: May-20-15 4:11 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A New Zealand man who's biking across America has made it to North Dakota.
- Prince Harry shoots winning goal as New Zealand tour ends Updated: May-16-15 2:49 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Britain's Prince Harry finished a weeklong New Zealand tour Saturday in which he visited remote islands and engaged with indigenous Maori by paddling a traditional canoe and delivering a greeting in the native language.
- Flooding in New Zealand capital halts trains, causes 1 death Updated: May-14-15 7:53 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Heavy rain caused flooding in New Zealand's capital Thursday that left one man dead, halted train service and blocked highways during the evening commute.
- Fiji, New Zealand, South Africa qualify for Rio Olympics Updated: May-11-15 12:13 pm
GLASGOW, Scotland - Fiji, New Zealand and South Africa are the first nations to qualify for the Olympic debut of men's rugby sevens at next summer's Games in Rio.
- New Zealander stands trial in China on drug charges Updated: May-07-15 6:01 am
GUANGZHOU, China - A 25-year-old New Zealander who faces a possible death sentence if convicted of smuggling methamphetamine testified Thursday that he came to China to collect what he thought was muscle-building supplements and never checked the packages before trying to depart.
- Internet company launched by Kim Dotcom fails to list in NZ Updated: May-06-15 2:26 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Internet file-storage company Mega Ltd., launched in 2013 by indicted entrepreneur Kim Dotcom, failed Wednesday in a bid to list on New Zealand's stock market.
- IOC chief: Small nations like New Zealand could host games Updated: May-05-15 12:04 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach says there's no reason a small nation such as New Zealand shouldn't aspire to host the Olympics.
- UN official praises China's assistance to Nepal after quake Updated: May-04-15 8:55 am
BEIJING - The leader of the U.N. Development Program on Monday praised China's relief efforts in Nepal and said the country's importance to global development will only grow.