- Ecuador to require Cubans to get entry visas Updated: Nov-26-15 7:08 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuador announced Thursday that it will begin requiring Cubans to get visas to enter beginning Tuesday, seeking to discourage the flow of migrants.
- Bolivian women arrested for alleged Facebook baby sale Updated: Nov-26-15 7:07 pm
LA PAZ, Bolivia - Bolivian officials say they have arrested two women on human trafficking charges: one for selling her baby for $250, the other for buying it after placing a "want ad" on Facebook.
- Hearing set for ex-Wesleyan student in US drug case Updated: Nov-26-15 5:15 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - One of two ex-Wesleyan University students charged with federal crimes in connection with a rash of on-campus drug overdoses is due in court next week.
- Venezuela opposition challenging on Chavez family turf Updated: Nov-26-15 3:25 pm
BARINAS, Venezuela - Asdrubal Chavez is a walking tribute to his still-revered cousin as he stumps for congress. Hugo Chavez's eyes peer out from above the bill of his red baseball cap. The late president's signature is emblazoned on his red shirt.
- Brazil banker's arrest sends shares tumbling Updated: Nov-26-15 3:21 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - When IT specialist Andre Esteves decided to leave Swiss bank UBS in 2008 to refound bank Pactual, he added BTG to the company's name to symbolize that he was "back to the game." Later, as a darling of the financial markets, he jokingly said that the acronym actually meant "better than Goldman" Sachs.
- Del Nero quits FIFA executive committee; Sarney takes over Updated: Nov-26-15 3:07 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Brazilian Football Confederation said its president Marco Polo del Nero stepped down Thursday from FIFA's executive committee and will be replaced by Fernando Sarney.
- Chilean man missing from cargo vessel north of Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-26-15 2:34 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - U.S. Coast Guard rescue teams are combing the Atlantic Ocean near Puerto Rico in search of a Chilean man reported missing from a cargo vessel traveling through the region.
- Hamburg voters to decide on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Leaders of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics hope that a soccer scandal, unsettled costs and fear of attacks won't dissuade voters from backing the German port city's candidacy on Sunday.
- FIFA donates 48 luxury watches to non-profit organization Updated: Nov-26-15 12:01 pm
GENEVA - FIFA's unethical weakness for luxury watches earned a windfall for a soccer charity working in Brazil.
- Venezuela opposition party says regional official slain Updated: Nov-25-15 11:41 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - An opposition leader was shot to death at a campaign rally Wednesday for next week's congressional elections in Venezuela, his party said.
- Macri's promise to expel Venezuela from Mercosur unlikely Updated: Nov-25-15 9:08 pm
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Experts say a promise by Argentina's president-elect to expel Venezuela from the Mercosur trade bloc seems unlikely to be fulfilled.
- Brazil police arrest government Senate leader Updated: Nov-25-15 6:57 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian police on Wednesday arrested the government's leader in the Senate for allegedly obstructing the investigation into a corruption scandal at state-owned oil company Petrobras.
- Argentina's president-elect announces diverse Cabinet Updated: Nov-25-15 6:21 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - President-elect Mauricio Macri named a new Cabinet on Wednesday that includes members from diverse Argentine political movements, business executives and a minister with the outgoing government.
- Outgoing Argentine president says she's not going away Updated: Nov-25-15 5:27 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - When Argentines chose a new president in recent elections, many voters seemed more concerned about what would happen with the old one.
- American Airlines stops taking payment in Argentine currency Updated: Nov-25-15 2:58 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - American Airlines says it has stopped taking Argentine pesos as payment for tickets because of limits on its ability to convert the money into dollars.
- Brazil: Will take months to study damage left by burst dam Updated: Nov-25-15 2:28 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - It could take months to evaluate the extent of damage to a river left choked with mud when a dam burst at an iron ore mine, Brazil's environment minister said Wednesday.
- Brazil auditor worried by border security for Rio Olympics Updated: Nov-25-15 1:23 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - A government watchdog said Wednesday that "flaws" in Brazil's border security are a "big concern" heading toward next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe Updated: Nov-25-15 1:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The whereabouts of the former president of Chile's soccer federation has been solved.
- Dubai's Dnata buys stake in Brazil airport services firm RM Updated: Nov-25-15 5:10 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The company that runs Dubai-based airline Emirates says it has bought a majority stake in a Brazilian firm that provides ground handling services at two dozen airports in the South American country.
- Deep 7.5 quake shakes remote Peru jungle region Updated: Nov-24-15 6:30 pm
LIMA, Peru - A deep 7.5-magnitude earthquake has shaken a sparsely populated jungle region near the triple border of Peru, Brazil and Bolivia. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
- Social media helps drive historic Cuban exodus to US Updated: Nov-23-15 11:09 pm
PENAS BLANCAS, Costa Rica - As summer began to bake the central Cuban city of Sancti Spiritus, Elio Alvarez and Lideisy Hernandez sold their tiny apartment and everything in it for $5,000 and joined the largest migration from their homeland in decades.
- Olympic qualifying draw sets up possible US-Canada final Updated: Nov-23-15 6:18 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will face Costa Rica to open the eight-team CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament in February.
- Argentina's president-elect inherits large economic problems Updated: Nov-23-15 3:55 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentine President-elect Mauricio Macri on Monday prepared to confront myriad problems in Latin America's third largest economy, including soaring prices and high government spending that are a legacy of outgoing President Cristina Fernandez.
- Mud from Brazil mining disaster contaminates ocean Updated: Nov-23-15 9:55 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - A torrent of mud unleashed by a dam burst at an iron ore mine in southeastern Brazil is contaminating the Atlantic Ocean.
- The Latest: Argentine opposition wins presidential election Updated: Nov-22-15 7:47 pm
BUENOS AIRES - The latest on Argentina's presidential runoff election. All times local: