- After Triple Crown, a new world greets Victor Espinoza Updated: Jul-05-15 4:26 pm
HALLANDALE BEACH, Florida - This is the new reality for Victor Espinoza.
- 5 sentenced in $25M Medicare fraud involving Nicaragua, D.R. Updated: Jul-05-15 3:52 am
MIAMI - Five people have been sent to federal prison for their roles in a $25 million Medicare fraud scheme that involved people from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic posing as U.S. patients.
- Mexican military: troops instructed to respect human rights Updated: Jul-04-15 7:16 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's Defense Department says its troops were instructed to have "unrestricted" respect for human rights a year ago when soldiers allegedly killed at least 12 suspected drug gang members after they had surrendered.
- A year on, children caught on border struggle to stay, adapt Updated: Jul-04-15 4:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - At 1-year-old, a wide-eyed, restless Joshua Tinoco faces the prospect of deportation to his native Honduras, one of tens of thousands of children who arrived at the U.S.-Mexico border last year.
- Panama too drops out of Trump's Miss Universe pageant Updated: Jul-04-15 2:55 pm
PANAMA CITY - Panama is joining several other Latin American nations in dropping out of the Miss Universe pageant in protest over Donald Trump's comments about immigrants.
- Dempsey, Chandler score as US beats Guatemala 4-0 Updated: Jul-04-15 10:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Clint Dempsey wants to look ahead to helping the U.S. defend its CONCACAF Gold Cup title and not back to his confrontation with a referee that caused American coach Jurgen Klinsmann to replace the fiery forward as captain for the tournament.
- Police: Beltran Leyva cartel boss arrested in Mexico City Updated: Jul-04-15 12:05 am
MEXICO CITY - One of the leaders of the once-powerful Beltran Leyva drug cartel was arrested Friday in a trendy neighborhood in Mexico City, authorities said.
- Mexico set to free founder of Michoacan vigilante movement Updated: Jul-03-15 5:11 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican authorities say they are near to freeing Jose Manuel Mireles, a founder of the self-defense movement that rose up to fight an entrenched drug cartel in the western state of Michoacan.
- El Salvador's 677 murders in June most since civil war Updated: Jul-03-15 4:41 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - The month of June saw 677 murders in El Salvador, more than in any other single month since the end of the country's civil war.
- Gasoline thefts in Mexico result in shortages at the pump Updated: Jul-03-15 11:20 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's state oil company says it is working to resupply gas stations in several states after days of shortages caused by an increase in fuel thefts from pipelines.
- 7-year-old wounded in firefight in Mexico dies Updated: Jul-03-15 10:25 am
CIUDAD VICTORIA, Mexico - Authorities in a northern Mexican state bordering Texas say a 7-year-old boy shot this week by a suspected criminal gang has died.
- Border officers stop $3.2 million worth of pot in Arizona Updated: Jul-03-15 6:14 am
NOGALES, Arizona - Authorities at a port of entry in Nogales, Arizona, have stopped a shipment of nearly 6,500 pounds of marijuana.
- Guzan, US seek to maintain momentum against Guatemala Updated: Jul-02-15 8:11 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Brad Guzan is intent on following his disappointing spring with a title in the CONCACAF Gold Cup
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for July 3 Updated: Jul-02-15 6:28 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Mexican TV anchor Jacobo Zabludovsky dies at 87 Updated: Jul-02-15 6:07 pm
MEXICO CITY - Jacobo Zabludovsky, a journalist who for decades was seen as a symbol of the tight links between Mexico's government and press, died Thursday at age 87.
- 'Cartel Land' shows good and bad of vigilantes in Mexico, US Updated: Jul-02-15 5:08 pm
MEXICO CITY - The documentary "Cartel Land" opens with chilling night scenes of large-scale methamphetamine cooking in rural Mexico. What viewers later learn is how such drug production became deeply intertwined with the vigilante movement that emerged in 2013 and 2014 to oust the region's main drug cartel.
- Water company signs with Mexico firm to provide clean water Updated: Jul-02-15 6:34 am
WINDSOR, Vermont - A water filtration company in Vermont has signed a contract with a Mexican firm to supply water purification devices on water fountains for public elementary and middle schools in two Mexican states.
- Chicharito injures collarbone as Mexico ties Honduras Updated: Jul-02-15 12:47 am
HOUSTON - Mexico's Gold Cup chances could take a hit after Tuesday's tune-up game with Honduras. Star forward Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez left the scoreless draw with a collarbone injury.
- Guatemala court revives study on ending president's immunity Updated: Jul-01-15 11:44 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's constitutional court on Wednesday revived a process that could strip President Otto Perez Molina of immunity from prosecution amid growing corruption scandals.
- Boca Juniors beat Strikers 3-0 Updated: Jul-01-15 11:15 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE - Jonathan Calleri and Alexis Rolin scored early in each half to lead Argentina's Boca Juniors to a 3-0 victory over the Fort Lauderdale Strikers on Wednesday night.
- Mexico weighs ex-dictator Porfirio Diaz century after death Updated: Jul-01-15 9:26 pm
MEXICO CITY - Reviled former dictator Porfirio Diaz is getting some unexpected respect in Mexico a century after he died in exile.
- Police find car loaded with explosives in Mexico border city Updated: Jul-01-15 4:25 pm
MEXICO CITY - Police in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez say they have detained three men who were pushing a car laden with explosives.
- Arrest order issued for vice president of Honduran Congress Updated: Jun-30-15 11:22 pm
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Honduras' Supreme Court has ordered the arrest of the vice president of Congress and 15 other people accused of defrauding the country's health care system in a corruption scandal that has sparked large street protests.
- Ex-Mexican cartel leader gets 30 years prison in US Updated: Jun-30-15 4:01 pm
BEAUMONT, Texas - A former leader of Mexico's notorious Gulf drug cartel has been sentenced to 30 years in a U.S. prison and fined $100 million.
- Mexico won't send contestant to Miss Universe Updated: Jun-30-15 1:13 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's national beauty pageant director confirms the country won't send a contestant to the Miss Universe contest because of insulting remarks by Donald Trump, an owner of the pageant.