- Puerto Rico faces $355M debt payment amid economic crisis Updated: Dec-01-15 9:43 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico's heavily indebted government has until midnight to address a multimillion-dollar bond payment that is key to the U.S. territory's economic future.
- Cuba imposes travel permit for doctors to limit brain drain Updated: Dec-01-15 8:53 am
HAVANA - The Cuban government announced Tuesday that it is reimposing a hated travel permit requirement on many doctors, requiring them to get permission to leave the country in an attempt to counter a brain drain that it blames on the United States.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others Updated: Dec-01-15 2:14 am
UCLA coach Cori Close wanted her team to get more out of its trip to the Bahamas last week than just some fun in the sun and competitive games.
- Pink joins UNICEF in fight to end child malnutrition Updated: Nov-30-15 4:45 pm
Trailblazing pop star Pink saw firsthand severely malnourished children during a recent visit to Haiti as a part of a UNICEF program to provide therapeutic food packets to children in need.
- Haiti opposition says transitional gov't may be needed Updated: Nov-30-15 3:05 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Eight candidates in last month's disputed presidential vote are demanding changes in Haiti's electoral council and national police department. And if that doesn't happen by next month, they are calling for a transitional government to oversee new general elections.
- US aid worker made little effort to hide work in Cuba Updated: Nov-29-15 7:17 pm
WASHINGTON - The American aid worker who spent five years in prison in Cuba said he had no trouble bringing sophisticated communications gear into the country and made little attempt to disguise his work to set up Internet connections.
- US aid worker made little effort to hide work in Cuba Updated: Nov-29-15 7:02 pm
WASHINGTON - The American aid worker imprisoned for five years in Cuba says he had no trouble bringing sophisticated communications gear into the country.
- Man charged with $1.4 million MoneyGram embezzlement Updated: Nov-29-15 4:09 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Authorities in the U.S. Virgin Islands say they have arrested a man on charges related to the embezzlement of $1.4 million from a MoneyGram operation.
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61 Updated: Nov-28-15 11:14 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - Peyton Little scored 17 points, Vionise Pierre-Louis 15 and No. 21 Oklahoma pulled away in the fourth quarter for a 76-61 victory over Boston College on Saturday night at the Junkanoo Jam.
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime Updated: Nov-28-15 10:18 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - Madison Cable saves her best games for UCLA.
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St Updated: Nov-28-15 9:13 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - For the second straight year, Baylor found itself facing a double-digit deficit against Michigan State.
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas Updated: Nov-28-15 6:32 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Oregon State faced its first challenge of the young season and held off pesky Arkansas.
- AIDS activist rescued in NC successfully crosses Atlantic Updated: Nov-28-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - A man who rowed across the Atlantic Ocean for AIDS awareness has arrived home in Brooklyn, ending a 21-month journey.
- AIDS activist arrives in NYC after rowing across Atlantic Updated: Nov-28-15 5:57 pm
NEW YORK - A New Yorker who rowed across the Atlantic Ocean for AIDS awareness has arrived home in Brooklyn, ending a 21-month journey.
- Coast Guard finds body believed to be missing Chilean man Updated: Nov-28-15 2:37 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The U.S. Coast Guard has found a body floating off Puerto Rico's northwest coast that officials believe to be a Chilean man reported missing from a cargo vessel traveling through the region.
- Bahamas looking to continue to tap American sports market Updated: Nov-28-15 11:39 am
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Like all big ideas, this one started small.
- Second-half spurt lifts Washington past Charlotte 71-66 Updated: Nov-28-15 12:44 am
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - After watching Charlotte continue to compete all the way through final buzzer during a 50-poiont loss to Michigan, Washington coach Lorenzo Romar made it a point to make sure his team didn't take the 49ers lightly.
- Use of banned pesticide not isolated event in US territories Updated: Nov-28-15 12:05 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Nine months after a vacationing family nearly died from exposure to methyl bromide on the island of St. John, authorities have come to at least one troubling conclusion: The use of the banned pesticide was not an isolated event in U.S. Caribbean territories.
- LeVert scores 19, Michigan outlasts Texas 78-72 in Bahamas Updated: Nov-27-15 10:21 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Michigan coach John Beilein doesn't want his team to rely too heavily on Caris LeVert.
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63 Updated: Nov-27-15 9:20 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - Tori Jankoska scored a career-high 30 points, including five 3-pointers, to lead No. 20 Michigan State to a 103-63 win over Cincinnati in the Jankanoo Jam on Friday.
- No. 18 UConn takes lumps in 73-70 loss to No. 10 Gonzaga Updated: Nov-27-15 8:26 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Connecticut showed some flickers of a really good team this week at the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- Murray scores 21, No. 1 Kentucky rolls past USF 84-63 Updated: Nov-27-15 7:57 pm
MIAMI - As had been the case plenty of times before, Orlando Antigua had a courtside seat to watch Kentucky turn a close game into a runaway.
- Michigan St., Louisville lead 2016 Battle 4 Atlantis field Updated: Nov-27-15 7:13 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Three recent Final Four participants headline an eight-team field that will compete next year in the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- No. 25 Texas A&M falls 74-67 to Syracuse in Bahamas Updated: Nov-27-15 6:47 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Texas A&M thought it was the better team entering its Battle 4 Atlantis championship game matchup with Syracuse.
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52 Updated: Nov-27-15 6:35 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - Notre Dame used a balanced effort to win its opener in the Junkanoo Jam.