- FIFA life bans for 2 South American officials for bribery Updated: May-06-16 7:26 am
ZURICH - FIFA ethics judges have imposed life bans on two South American football officials who have pleaded guilty in the United States to corruption charges.
- Convicted Colombian drug-traffickers go missing in Portugal Updated: May-06-16 6:49 am
LISBON, Portugal - A lawyer for two Colombians convicted in Portugal of drug-trafficking says the pair are missing after being released from prison while their appeals are being considered.
- Spain reports 1st case of Zika-linked microcephaly Updated: May-06-16 4:27 am
MADRID - Health authorities say they've identified the first case in Spain of the birth defect microcephaly in the fetus of a pregnant woman infected with the Zika virus.
- Colombian fisherman reunited with family after weeks adrift Updated: May-05-16 9:42 pm
HONOLULU - A Colombian fisherman has been reunited with his wife and family after spending two months adrift in the Pacific Ocean, an ordeal that he says left his three shipmates dead.
- Mexico City lifts smog alert, allowing more cars on streets Updated: May-05-16 8:50 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico City has discontinued a pollution alert after three days of persistently high smog levels and will allow more cars on the streets Friday.
- 3 nations move against alleged big money launderer in Panama Updated: May-05-16 8:32 pm
PANAMA CITY - Authorities have arrested a prominent Panama businessman and dismantled an empire of banking, real estate and retail businesses that the U.S. says were part of a top worldwide money-laundering organization for drug traffickers.
- 4 men arrested in $60M money laundering scheme Updated: May-05-16 8:31 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Four men charged with running a scheme that laundered $60 million in Mexican drug money have been arrested in Southern California, federal authorities announced Thursday.
- Commissioner: Decision imminent on MLB games in Puerto Rico Updated: May-05-16 7:53 pm
- The Latest: Colombia: Mariner's skiff never reported lost Updated: May-05-16 7:21 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the rescue of a Colombian mariner who was lost at sea for two months (all times local):
- Investigators: Recovering El Faro recorder to be a challenge Updated: May-05-16 7:16 pm
WOODS HOLE, Massachusetts - Federal investigators say recovering the voyage data recorder from the sunken cargo ship El Faro will be a challenge.
- Brazil's high court suspends house speaker, foe of president Updated: May-05-16 6:38 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's top court voted unanimously Thursday to suspend the scandal-tainted leader of the lower house of Congress from his duties.
- Cayman Islands to deploy genetically modified mosquitoes Updated: May-05-16 6:32 pm
MIAMI - British biotech company Oxitec and the Cayman Islands government announced plans Thursday to release millions of genetically modified mosquitoes in the fight against a species that spreads Zika and other diseases.
- Beach volleyball goes to college for 1st NCAA championship Updated: May-05-16 6:11 pm
Beach volleyball is ready to graduate.
- Part-time farm worker charged with stealing $900K from job Updated: May-05-16 5:39 pm
WEST CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Prosecutors say a part-time painter at a Pennsylvania farm stole more than $900,000 from his employers to fund a lavish lifestyle that included luxury cars, jewelry, a trip to the Bahamas and private schools for his children.
- Foreign investors in fizzled development are at wit's end Updated: May-05-16 4:50 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Foreigners who had been banking on their investments in a biomedical research facility and a hotel and rental cottage project in Vermont to get green cards are scrambling to find a backup now that the project's developers are accused of misusing hundreds of millions of dollars in what investigators called a "massive eight-year fraud scheme."
- Venezuela politician accuses Wall Street Journal of libel Updated: May-05-16 4:46 pm
NEW YORK - A powerful Venezuelan legislator has sued Dow Jones & Co. and News Corp., saying he was libeled in a drug investigation article in The Wall Street Journal.
- Neymar and Oscar left out of Brazil's Copa America squad Updated: May-05-16 4:30 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Barcelona star Neymar and Chelsea midfielder Oscar have been left off Brazil's squad for the Copa America in the United States next month.
- Panama reports 4 cases of Zika-related microcephaly Updated: May-05-16 4:12 pm
PANAMA CITY - Health authorities in Panama said Thursday that they have identified four cases of the birth defect microcephaly linked to the Zika virus.
- US to help Jamaica police probe slayings of 2 missionaries Updated: May-05-16 2:55 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - U.S. law enforcers will help Jamaican police investigate the unsolved slayings of two American missionaries who were shot over the weekend.
- Mercury a black speck as it makes rare transit of sun Monday Updated: May-05-16 12:29 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Earthlings are in for a treat Monday as Mercury makes a relatively rare transit of the sun.
- Cinco de Mayo festivities include Puebla menu at White House Updated: May-05-16 10:46 am
The calendar says May 5, but it's Cinco de Mayo for anyone celebrating all things Mexican.
- Ecuadoreans in US seek immigration help after quake Updated: May-04-16 11:54 pm
LOS ANGELES - Ecuadorean immigrants are asking the Obama administration to allow their fellow citizens living in the United States illegally to stay here and work while the South American country recovers from a magnitude-7.8 earthquake.
- Australia's Marc Leishman out of Rio Olympics consideration Updated: May-04-16 10:07 pm
Marc Leishman won't be playing golf for Australia at the Rio Olympics in August, citing concerns over the health of his family because of the mosquito-borne Zika virus.
- Pregnant woman dies at Haiti hospital amid strike by staff Updated: May-04-16 8:35 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - A bleeding pregnant woman dropped dead at the gates of Haiti's largest public hospital after failing to get help Wednesday amid a weeks-old strike by resident doctors, nurses and other staff.
- Kanye West, Kim Kardashian latest names to visit Havana Updated: May-04-16 7:58 pm
HAVANA - Rap superstar Kanye West, his wife Kim Kardashian and members of her reality-show-star family are the latest celebrities to visit Havana.