- Future unsure for troubled New Mexico green chile production Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Green chiles have defined New Mexico for generations, gaining fans and fame around the globe.
- Run-in with reporter triggered Mexico coach Herrera's ouster Updated: Jul-29-15 12:09 am
MEXICO CITY - In the end it wasn't the middling on-field performance by Mexico's national soccer team that cost Miguel Herrera his job as head coach of "El Tri."
- Symbol of dictatorship abuse, Chilean sees justice coming Updated: Jul-29-15 12:07 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Her scarred face long ago became a symbol of the atrocities committed during Chile's 1973-90 dictatorship led by Gen. Augusto Pinochet. Now Carmen Quintana finally feels justice is being done.
- TV depiction of Colombia's only saint angers her devotees Updated: Jul-29-15 12:04 am
BOGOTA, Colombia - For weeks, billboards on buses and television spots have been announcing what promises to be Colombia's next big prime-time sensation.
- Mexico sentences 5 men to 697 years for killings of 11 women Updated: Jul-28-15 11:46 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican prosecutors announced Tuesday that they had won "historic" convictions and sentences of 697 years in prison against five men for killing 11 women near the border city of Ciudad Juarez.
- 5.9 quake shakes Colombia-Panama border region Updated: Jul-28-15 9:39 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - A strong earthquake shook a sparsely populated region along the border between Colombia and Panama on Tuesday evening. There were no early reports of damage or injuries.
- Mexico to clean seaweed from coast, monitor floating masses Updated: Jul-28-15 9:05 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican authorities say they are working to clean sargassum seaweed from 112 miles (180 kilometers) of the country's Caribbean coast and will try to prevent more from coming ashore.
- Chelsea Clinton in Haiti to visit family foundation projects Updated: Jul-28-15 8:52 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Chelsea Clinton on Tuesday encouraged women to educate themselves and learn how to be more independent during a trip to Haiti to oversee projects financed by the Clinton Foundation.
- The Latest on missing boys: Search crews enter 5th night Updated: Jul-28-15 7:47 pm
JUPITER, Florida - The latest on the search for the two Florida teens who went missing while on a fishing trip off Florida's Atlantic coast:
- US official says Puerto Rico should get access to bankruptcy Updated: Jul-28-15 7:01 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew said Tuesday that creating a path as soon as possible to allow Puerto Rico's government to file for bankruptcy would help the U.S. territory recover from its economic crisis.
- Mexican villagers bulldoze 18th century chapel Updated: Jul-28-15 6:40 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican officials said Tuesday they have filed a criminal complaint after villagers in the central state of Tlaxcala bulldozed a chapel from the 1700s.
- Last wild horse dies on Bahamas' Great Abaco island Updated: Jul-28-15 6:28 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - The last of the wild horses on Great Abaco island in the Bahamas has died, prompting caretakers to collect tissue for possible cloning and hopefully bring back a viable population.
- Colombian national linked to North Dakota drug overdoses Updated: Jul-28-15 5:37 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - An international synthetic drug ring that has been blamed for numerous overdoses in the Grand Forks area involves a Colombian man who trafficked the deadly substances while serving a prison stint in Canada, federal authorities said Tuesday.
- A year away, Olympic organizers counting on sun and samba Updated: Jul-28-15 5:32 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro conjures clear images of sun, samba and soccer. Organizers of the Olympics that start a year from now hope that's what people remember after the games - not images of polluted water, inefficient transportation and incomplete venues.
- Police: Dallas airport security breach involved lovelorn man Updated: Jul-28-15 5:19 pm
GRAPEVINE, Texas - Police say a man blamed for a security breach at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport slipped onto a jet to try to stop his girlfriend from leaving.
- S&P revises Brazil's outlook to negative Updated: Jul-28-15 3:19 pm
SAO PAULO - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Tuesday it has revised the outlook for Brazil's foreign-currency debt from stable to negative.
- Some victims identified in 1 of 2 Midwest plane crashes Updated: Jul-28-15 3:14 pm
Two teenagers from Mexico were among the seven people killed when two small planes crashed separately within hours of one another in western Wisconsin and southwestern Minnesota, authorities said Tuesday.
- US Navy examines health concerns near Guantanamo court Updated: Jul-28-15 2:44 pm
MEXICO CITY - A complaint lodged with the Pentagon has prompted the U.S. Navy to look into the possible presence of anything that may cause cancer in a section of the base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, a military spokeswoman said Tuesday.
- NYC officials implore Washington to help Puerto Rico Updated: Jul-28-15 2:26 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio and other New York City elected officials are urging Washington to aid Puerto Rico during its fiscal crisis.
- Muller of France wins women's 10k open water title at worlds Updated: Jul-28-15 2:06 pm
KAZAN, Russia - There were medals at stake in the women's 10-kilometer open water race at the world swimming championships. A top-10 finish was just as good, though, since it secured a trip to next year's Olympics.
- Bayern Munich signs Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal Updated: Jul-28-15 12:55 pm
MUNICH - Bayern Munich completed the long-anticipated transfer of Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal from Italian champion Juventus on Tuesday.
- Ford surprises in 2Q with record North American profit Updated: Jul-28-15 12:45 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford Motor Co.'s net income jumped 44 percent to $1.9 billion in the second quarter as global sales rose and customers paid more for new trucks and SUVs with premium features.
- Jackson father reported stable after stroke Brazil Updated: Jul-28-15 12:16 pm
SAO PAULO - One of the organizers of a birthday party that brought the father of the late Michael Jackson to Brazil says he's in stable condition in a Sao Paulo hospital after suffering a stroke.
- NDSU men's basketball team playing games in the Bahamas Updated: Jul-28-15 10:12 am
FARGO, North Dakota - The North Dakota State University men's basketball team is taking a trip to the Bahamas.
- Mexico struggles to clean seaweed surge from Cancun beaches Updated: Jul-28-15 9:45 am
MEXICO CITY - Authorities on Mexico's Caribbean coast said Monday they are redoubling efforts to remove tons of sargassum seaweed that has been washing ashore in recent weeks.