- AIDS activist arrives in NYC after rowing across Atlantic Updated: Nov-28-15 4:00 pm
NEW YORK - A New Yorker who rowed across the Atlantic Ocean for AIDS awareness has arrived home in Brooklyn, ending a 21-month journey.
- No. 15 Duke women roll over Texas State 85-34 in Cancun Updated: Nov-28-15 3:32 pm
CANCUN, Mexico - Azura Stevens scored 19 points and No. 15 Duke dominated Texas State 85-34 at the Cancun Challenge on Saturday.
- Brazil to sue BHP, Vale for $ 5.2 billion for burst dam Updated: Nov-28-15 3:16 pm
SAO PAULO - Federal and state governments in Brazil say they will sue iron ore miner Samarco and its co-owners BHP Billiton and Vale for $ 5.2 billion for the damage caused when a dam burst earlier this month, creating an environmental disaster.
- Coast Guard finds body believed to be missing Chilean man Updated: Nov-28-15 2:37 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The U.S. Coast Guard has found a body floating off Puerto Rico's northwest coast that officials believe to be a Chilean man reported missing from a cargo vessel traveling through the region.
- Bahamas looking to continue to tap American sports market Updated: Nov-28-15 11:39 am
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Like all big ideas, this one started small.
- Worker complaints spark probe of Guyana bauxite plant Updated: Nov-28-15 10:33 am
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - The government is investigating a Russian-owned bauxite plant after a surprise inspection last week found "disturbing" working conditions.
- 99-year-old Havelange released from Rio de Janeiro hospital Updated: Nov-28-15 10:04 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Former FIFA president Joao Havelange was released Saturday from a Rio de Janeiro hospital where he was treated for 12 days for what doctors called "respiratory problems."
- Sandra weakens to tropical storm in Pacific off Mexico Updated: Nov-28-15 1:48 am
MIAMI - Tropical Storm Sandra is weakening as it approaches Mexico's Pacific coast.
- Second-half spurt lifts Washington past Charlotte 71-66 Updated: Nov-28-15 12:44 am
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - After watching Charlotte continue to compete all the way through final buzzer during a 50-poiont loss to Michigan, Washington coach Lorenzo Romar made it a point to make sure his team didn't take the 49ers lightly.
- Use of banned pesticide not isolated event in US territories Updated: Nov-28-15 12:05 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Nine months after a vacationing family nearly died from exposure to methyl bromide on the island of St. John, authorities have come to at least one troubling conclusion: The use of the banned pesticide was not an isolated event in U.S. Caribbean territories.
- LeVert scores 19, Michigan outlasts Texas 78-72 in Bahamas Updated: Nov-27-15 10:21 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Michigan coach John Beilein doesn't want his team to rely too heavily on Caris LeVert.
- Mexico's longest-running TV show, 'En Familia,' to end Updated: Nov-27-15 9:40 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's longest-running TV show is set to end, marking the demise of a strange genre of Mexican TV comedy that featured adults - often very old - dressed up as children.
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63 Updated: Nov-27-15 9:20 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - Tori Jankoska scored a career-high 30 points, including five 3-pointers, to lead No. 20 Michigan State to a 103-63 win over Cincinnati in the Jankanoo Jam on Friday.
- No. 18 UConn takes lumps in 73-70 loss to No. 10 Gonzaga Updated: Nov-27-15 8:26 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Connecticut showed some flickers of a really good team this week at the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- Murray scores 21, No. 1 Kentucky rolls past USF 84-63 Updated: Nov-27-15 7:57 pm
MIAMI - As had been the case plenty of times before, Orlando Antigua had a courtside seat to watch Kentucky turn a close game into a runaway.
- Mexican basketball suspended by FIBA; Olympics in jeopardy Updated: Nov-27-15 7:18 pm
MEXICO CITY - The Mexican basketball federation was suspended by world governing body FIBA on Friday because of the national government's interference in how the sport is run.
- Michigan St., Louisville lead 2016 Battle 4 Atlantis field Updated: Nov-27-15 7:13 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Three recent Final Four participants headline an eight-team field that will compete next year in the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- Mexico issues pollution alert for Mexico's Bacalar lagoon Updated: Nov-27-15 6:57 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's environmental protection agency has issued an "urgent" call for local authorities to stop sewage and waste discharges into the Yucatan Peninsula's coastal, fresh-water lake of Bacalar.
- No. 25 Texas A&M falls 74-67 to Syracuse in Bahamas Updated: Nov-27-15 6:47 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Texas A&M thought it was the better team entering its Battle 4 Atlantis championship game matchup with Syracuse.
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52 Updated: Nov-27-15 6:35 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - Notre Dame used a balanced effort to win its opener in the Junkanoo Jam.
- Late push lifts Syracuse past No. 25 Texas A&M, 74-67 Updated: Nov-27-15 6:29 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim doesn't hand out compliments lightly.
- Paraguay official fired for kicking indigenous woman Updated: Nov-27-15 5:02 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - Paraguay's president has fired the head of the country's Indian affairs office amid accusations he kicked an indigenous woman.
- Dominican Republic union leader held in murder investigation Updated: Nov-27-15 4:57 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - A judge in the Dominican Republic has ordered the leader of a public transportation union held for one year while authorities investigate allegations of his involvement in several killings.
- Magnitude 6.2 quake strikes Chile, but no damage Updated: Nov-27-15 4:53 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - A magnitude-6.2 earthquake has struck Chile's northern region but authorities say there are no reports of injuries or damage.
- Outrage after Venezuela opposition leader killed Updated: Nov-27-15 4:48 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The slaying of a Venezuelan opposition leader at a campaign rally is becoming an international flashpoint a week before critical congressional elections.