- Radnor Lake named Tennessee's top state park Updated: Feb-09-16 3:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Radnor Lake State Park in Nashville has been named Tennessee's top state park.
- Producer Dave Cobb goes from outsiders to influencers Updated: Feb-08-16 2:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Producer Dave Cobb sits on a couch in the cavernous RCA Studio A, a 50-year-old studio on Music Row that was due to be razed to the ground less than two years ago to make room for luxury condos.
- Drug testing for benefits yields few positive results Updated: Feb-08-16 5:41 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Officials say less than 0.2 percent of people who have applied for welfare since July 2014 have failed a drug test mandated for some.
- Arvidsson scores twice and Predators beat Sharks 6-2 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:08 am
NASVHILLE, Tennessee - Nashville's forwards have taken plenty of criticism for not producing this season.
- 2 women killed in Nashville house fire Updated: Feb-06-16 6:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Officials say two women were killed and a third person was injured in a house fire in Nashville.
- Commercial air service to start again in Tupelo Updated: Feb-06-16 12:02 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - The final pieces are coming together for commercial air service to start again in Tupelo, five months after the last carrier left.
- Tennessee passed 2009 law taking guns out of abusers' hands Updated: Feb-06-16 10:45 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The same year Tennessee's pro-gun Legislature made it legal for some to be armed in bars, lawmakers also took a quieter step toward keeping guns away from domestic abusers
- TBI Top 10 Wanted Man Captured Updated: Feb-05-16 4:55 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - An alleged sex offender on the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's Top Ten Most Wanted List has been captured by police.
- The buzz is gone: Nashville convention center roof bees dead Updated: Feb-05-16 4:31 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A colony of bees on the roof of Nashville's new convention center didn't survive the winter.
- Simmonds scores twice to lead Flyers past Predators 6-3 Updated: Feb-05-16 12:12 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - No one appears to be able to stop Wayne Simmonds right now.
- Donald Trump's plane makes emergency landing in Nashville Updated: Feb-04-16 7:27 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Donald Trump's plane was diverted to the Nashville International Airport after the control tower received a report that the plane was experiencing engine trouble.
- Police: Fairview officer cited in prostitution investigation Updated: Feb-04-16 7:14 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities say a newly promoted detective has been arrested after responding to a prostitution ad.
- Grand jury charges 2 men in boy's firework death Updated: Feb-03-16 5:36 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Two men have been charged in connection with the death of a 12-year-old boy who was killed last June in accident involving fireworks.
- Vanderbilt signs balanced class: 10 on offense, 9 on defense Updated: Feb-03-16 4:44 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt will attempt to bounce back from two straight losing seasons with help from a recruiting class heavy on championship experience.
- Bill aims at blocking gas compressor near Tennessee parks Updated: Feb-03-16 4:30 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Two lawmakers have filed a bill seeking to stop a natural gas compressor from being built in a Nashville community.
- Brouwer scores with 1:05 left, Blues beat Predators 1-0 Updated: Feb-03-16 12:44 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - No matter which goalie they start, the St. Louis Blues have been flawless in Nashville this season.
- Harwell: Durham scandal won't affect gubernatorial decision Updated: Feb-02-16 5:08 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - House Speaker Beth Harwell said Tuesday that the scandal surrounding a Republican lawmaker who has gone on hiatus amid sexual harassment allegations shouldn't damage her prospects as a serious gubernatorial candidate in Tennessee.
- Brothers who were basketball standouts accused in slaying Updated: Feb-02-16 3:02 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Two brothers have been charged with killing a man outside a Nashville high school in a crime that police say appears to be motivated by a lingering dispute over a girl.
- Cam's dreamy 'Burning House' ignites her career Updated: Feb-01-16 9:38 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Northern California-born country singer Cam turned a bad dream about an ex-boyfriend into a song that made her musical dream come true.
- Full text of Gov. Bill Haslam's annual budget address Updated: Feb-01-16 7:21 pm
The full text of Gov. Bill Haslam's annual State of the State address as prepared for delivery to lawmakers on Monday:
- Nashville mayor revokes Election Commission's credit card Updated: Feb-01-16 7:01 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville Mayor Megan Barry has revoked the credit card privileges of the Davidson County Election Commission and ordered an audit of all charges paid with tax dollars. The move on Monday comes after Election Commission Chairman Ron Buchanan announced he would be leaving. The Tennessean (http://goo.gl/t5HWX4 ) reports that Buchanan announced his resignation before WSMV-TV was to air an investigative report on credit card purchases. The station's report questions expenses of election administrator Kent Wall. While being interviewed, Buchanan is said to have gotten combative with TV reporter Alana Autler and called her a derogatory name.
- Nashville puts on good show for NHL All-Star weekend Updated: Feb-01-16 8:14 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Music City waited 18 years to host the NHL All-Star game.
- Kuznetsov, Neal replace Ovechkin, Toews as NHL All-Stars Updated: Jan-28-16 10:29 am
- Nashville to open special human trafficking court Updated: Jan-28-16 4:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville is starting a special court for victims of human trafficking.
- Correction: School Vouchers story Updated: Jan-27-16 11:39 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - In a story Jan. 26 about a school voucher bill, The Associated Press erroneously reported the day the committee vote occurred. It was Tuesday, not Wednesday.