- Tenn. AG says Nashville's local hire rule runs afoul of law Updated: Oct-02-15 3:36 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican state Attorney General Herbert Slatery says in a new legal opinion that a local hiring requirement approved by the city's voters runs afoul of state law.
- Season approaches, grind looming for NHL's goaltenders Updated: Oct-02-15 1:10 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The speculation started even before the Nashville Predators lost in the Western Conference quarterfinals last season, that goaltender Pekka Rinne was working a bit too much during the regular season and he was going to be worn out for the games that matter most.
- Haslam: Hall tax break competes with other budget priorities Updated: Oct-02-15 12:10 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam agrees with fellow Republicans' criticism of the Hall income tax on earnings from stocks and bonds in Tennessee, but argues that the state must balance efforts to do away with the levy with other funding needs in areas like education, roads and health care.
- A come-black: Clint Black returns with 1st album in 10 years Updated: Oct-02-15 8:33 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The black hat is back. Clint Black released his first new album in a decade after finally finding a record label he could trust.
- Public input sought on Nashville homeless camps Updated: Oct-02-15 7:19 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Metro Homelessness Commission is accepting public input on the future of homeless encampments in Nashville.
- Man found guilty of killing girlfriend's infant daughter Updated: Oct-02-15 7:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Nashville man has been found guilty of fatally beating his girlfriend's 17-month-old daughter.
- Hot Springs looks to bounce back from loss against Hope Updated: Oct-01-15 3:20 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Hot Springs doubled up Hope last season on its way to the Class 5A playoffs.
- Group says schools stall records request on Islam curriculum Updated: Oct-01-15 12:25 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Christian-based advocacy group says several Tennessee school districts haven't complied with its open records request about Islam curriculum being taught in public schools.
- Thomas Rhett brings retro soul to country radio Updated: Oct-01-15 8:12 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The initial market testing on a handful of new songs from country singer Thomas Rhett, including his first single, "Crash and Burn," wasn't promising.
- Nashville mayor delays city's local-hire law Updated: Oct-01-15 6:36 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville's new mayor has delayed implementation of the city's new local hiring requirement approved by Nashville voters.
- Foundation names TSU school of the month for October Updated: Oct-01-15 4:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee State University in Nashville is The Tom Joyner Foundation school of the month for October.
- Rideshare service Lyft to locate operations in Nashville Updated: Oct-01-15 4:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A San Francisco-based rideshare service is investing more than $5 million to locate its new operations in Nashville and create 380 jobs in Davidson County.
- Judge rules against legalizing assisted suicide in Tennessee Updated: Sep-29-15 5:43 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A former Democratic gubernatorial candidate who is terminally ill cannot die by assisted suicide, a judge ruled Tuesday, saying doctors engaging in such a practice are committing "criminal conduct."
- Autopsy: Theater suspect had no drugs, alcohol in system Updated: Sep-29-15 2:45 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Autopsy results show that the man who attacked moviegoers at a Nashville-area theater before he was fatally shot by police had no alcohol or drugs in his system.
- Police: Couple confesses to killing, hiding bodies in closet Updated: Sep-29-15 7:42 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Police say a Nashville couple has confessed to killing a young couple and then hiding their bodies in the apartment the two couples had shared.
- Senator calls for further investigation into inmate death Updated: Sep-28-15 6:20 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A West Tennessee inmate died from natural causes, according to prison officials, but an autopsy showed he died from multiple traumatic injuries - and a state senator said Monday that Gov. Bill Haslam should further investigate the case.
- RePublic Schools charter network gets $9.6M for expansion Updated: Sep-28-15 5:33 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - An operator of charter schools in Tennessee and Mississippi is in line to receive $9.6 million in federal funding, with plans to spend the money on expansion.
- Study examines effectiveness of Tennessee's pre-K program Updated: Sep-28-15 1:57 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam said Monday that he's still supportive of Tennessee's pre-kindergarten program despite a study that shows academic gains made by some of the children enrolled fade in early elementary grades.
- The Latest: Veteran Viking romps 91 yards with interception Updated: Sep-27-15 3:49 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the third Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- Nashville police officer injured in Interstate 24 accident Updated: Sep-27-15 11:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities say a Nashville police officer received minor injuries after his patrol car was hit by a suspected drunk driver on Interstate 24.
- Media personality finds her 'most authentic self' in farming Updated: Sep-26-15 11:46 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A diminutive Karlen Evins walks from her vegetable garden to the reassembled church in which she lives, her arms full of just-picked corn, tomatoes, herbs and okra, and drops them on her kitchen counter.
- Vanderbilt rape retrial will include Chattanooga jury Updated: Sep-25-15 2:10 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A retrial in the rape case of two former Vanderbilt University football players will include an outside jury.
- Music Review: Jim Lauderdale gets rootsy on double album Updated: Sep-25-15 12:51 pm
Jim Lauderdale, "Soul Searching: Vol. 1 Memphis/Vol. 2. Nashville" (Sky Crunch)
- 3 shot outside Nashville nightclub; police look for suspects Updated: Sep-25-15 9:23 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Metro Nashville Police say they are searching for two suspects who witnesses said shot three people outside a nightclub.
- Titans holding charity drive for school supplies Sunday Updated: Sep-25-15 4:03 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans will be collecting donations of school supplies before their home opener Sunday with the Indianapolis Colts.