- Tennessee River lakes featured in new music, fishing show Updated: May-29-16 7:01 am
SHEFFIELD, Alabama - Coby Greer hasn't done much fishing since he was a kid, but the up and coming county music artist was more than happy to discuss his career Tuesday while floating in a fishing boat on the Tennessee River.
- Haslam wants to discuss issues, appointments with Trump Updated: May-27-16 5:16 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam says he wants to talk with presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump about education, health care and whom he might appoint to lead federal agencies if elected.
- Justin Bieber, Skrillex sued for copyright infringement Updated: May-27-16 2:06 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Justin Bieber and Skrillex have been sued for copyright infringement by singer-songwriter Casey Dienel for the multi-platinum song "Sorry."
- 'Be Nice' campaign could become state license plate Updated: May-25-16 6:18 am
FRANKLIN, Tennessee - A Nashville-area school district's "Be Nice" anti-bullying campaign could be about to spread all the way to state license plates.
- Court: State must provide TennCare applicants fair hearing Updated: May-24-16 9:12 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Medicaid program has to provide applicants with a fair hearing if it cannot process their requests on time, under an order that's been upheld by a federal appeals court.
- AP Newsbreak: Tennessee's new prison stops taking inmates Updated: May-24-16 6:47 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's newest prison has stopped taking inmates after just four months of full operation. Records obtained by The Associated Press suggest why.
- Dylan Fest honors a still living legend Updated: May-24-16 4:43 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - In a year when the musical world is still mourning icons Prince, David Bowie and Merle Haggard, musicians of all genres and generations have been celebrating a still active legend - Bob Dylan - in an annual all-star concert series for 15 years.
- Andrew Fleming transferring from Iowa to Chattanooga Updated: May-24-16 3:05 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga has added Iowa transfer Andrew Fleming to its roster.
- Pharrell Williams produces Little Big Town's upcoming record Updated: May-24-16 11:41 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Hit music producer and artist Pharrell Williams has produced the next album for country quartet Little Big Town, who will perform the first single on Tuesday's season finale of "The Voice" on NBC.
- Lady Antebellum to host televised ACM Honors show Updated: May-24-16 9:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Grammy-winning country group Lady Antebellum will host the 10th annual ACM Honors show, which will be televised for the first time.
- Federal court upholds contempt ruling against prison company Updated: May-23-16 5:59 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A federal appellate court has upheld a contempt of court ruling made against a national private prison company for falsifying staffing reports at an Idaho prison.
- Embattled lawmaker accuses reporter of trespassing Updated: May-23-16 8:19 am
FRANKLIN, Tennessee - Embattled state Rep. Jeremy Durham has brought criminal trespass charges against a reporter for the Nashville Scene weekly newspaper, accusing her of trying to enter his Franklin home while seeking an interview.
- Nashville police say 4 injured in shooting, 2 critically Updated: May-23-16 12:34 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Police say four people have been wounded, two critically, in a shooting in Nashville.
- Nashville mayor appoints first transgender city board member Updated: May-20-16 1:49 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville Mayor Megan Barry appointed a transgender woman to the Metro Human Relations Commission - an apparent first for Tennessee.
- Country artists welcome Beyonce to the format Updated: May-20-16 12:40 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - When Beyonce dropped a country tune inside her new visual album "Lemonade," it was the biggest crossover news in country music since Justin Timberlake brought down the house at the Country Music Association Awards last year alongside Chris Stapleton.
- Pro-nuclear GOP senator urges Tennessee to reject wind farm Updated: May-19-16 5:52 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander is urging his fellow Tennesseans to oppose what he calls an "unsightly" wind farm near the Cumberland Mountain State Park.
- Memphis close to surrendering title as state's largest city Updated: May-19-16 5:51 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis is on the verge of losing its title as Tennessee's largest city to fast-growing Nashville, according to census estimates.
- ACLU seeks federal intervention on Tennessee restroom rule Updated: May-19-16 5:19 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union on Thursday asked the federal government to intervene over a school district's policy prohibiting transgender students from using restrooms corresponding to their gender identity.
- Warrant: Father kicked shirtless 5-year-old son out of home Updated: May-19-16 1:05 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Nashville man has been charged after an arrest warrant shows he kicked his shirtless 5-year-old son out of the house.
- Nashville woman guilty of elder abuse; father found in filth Updated: May-19-16 1:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Nashville woman has been convicted of elder abuse after housing officials found her father in an over-full adult diaper with feces on his feet and under his nails.
- GM ready to be patient expecting Predators to keep improving Updated: May-18-16 4:15 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - General manager David Poile believes patience might be the remaining ingredient needed for the Nashville Predators to take that "next step."
- Pop singer Jason Derulo says he 'loves' country music Updated: May-18-16 2:09 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Pop singer Jason Derulo has a lot to learn from country star Luke Bryan if he hopes to blend into the music scene in Nashville. The two teamed up for an episode of "CMT Crossroads" that combined each singer's musical swagger and rump-shaking hits like Derulo's "Want to Want Me" and Bryan's "Strip It Down."
- Adkins named chairman of international hotel association Updated: May-18-16 1:19 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The president of the Tennessee Hospitality and Tourism Association has bene selected as the chairman of the International Society of Hotel Association Executives.
- International Parking Institute kicks off Nashville meeting Updated: May-18-16 12:48 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The International Parking Institute is holding its annual meeting in Nashville this week.
- Old quarry near runway now saves airport $430,000 a year Updated: May-17-16 5:32 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - An abandoned rock quarry near a runway at Nashville International Airport was thought to be such a liability that authorities considered filling it in a decade ago. Now, the water-filled pit is enabling the airport to save $430,000 a year.