- Contour Airlines starts strong in Tupelo, aided by low fares Updated: May-02-16 4:25 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Bolstered by cut-rate tickets, Tupelo's new airline has been flying lots of passengers.
- Titans pick receiver, cornerback, guard on draft's final day Updated: Apr-30-16 8:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - New Tennessee general manager Jon Robinson has shown he's a bit of a gambler, making four trades - three during the NFL draft - to revamp the Titans' roster.
- Teacher Scott Wietecha wins 4th straight Nashville marathon Updated: Apr-30-16 4:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Scott Wietecha won his fourth straight St. Jude Rock 'n' Roll Nashville Marathon on Saturday with a time of 2 hours, 25 minutes, 42 seconds.
- FBI raises reward in Nashville cold case to $50,000 Updated: Apr-30-16 3:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The FBI has doubled the reward for information leading an arrest in the disappearance of a Nashville girl 13 years ago.
- Episcopal priest who helped church through split to leave Updated: Apr-30-16 2:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Rev. Jerry Smith, who helped St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church heal after a congregational split about a dozen years ago, is leaving the parish for a new post in Florida.
- Beyonce concert in Nashville for Thursday is rescheduled Updated: Apr-29-16 6:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Beyonce's concert in Nashville, which had been scheduled for Thursday, is being rescheduled.
- Pop classic 'Baby Baby' gets Tori Kelly reboot Updated: Apr-29-16 4:48 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A pop classic from the early '90s, Amy Grant's hit "Baby Baby," is getting a reboot 25 years later thanks to Grammy-nominated singer Tori Kelly.
- Boy, 16, accused in downtown Nashville bus station shooting Updated: Apr-29-16 2:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities have arrested a 16-year-old boy wanted in connection with the shootings of four people at a downtown Nashville bus terminal that left one person critically wounded and sent dozens of commuters scrambling for cover.
- Lawmaker accused of harassment is all alone with his M&Ms Updated: Apr-29-16 9:32 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Amid the frenzied negotiations, flaring tempers and occasional frivolity marking the end of another Tennessee legislative session, one lawmaker stayed conspicuously alone and quiet.
- Highway worker killed west of Nashville on I-40 Updated: Apr-28-16 5:07 pm
CENTERVILLE, Tennessee - A Tennessee Department of Transportation worker has been killed in Middle Tennessee on Interstate 40 West.
- Correction: Harry's Fresh Foods story Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - In a story April 26 about an Oregon food company, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Harry's Fresh Foods was building a new facility in Nashville. The maker of refrigerated and frozen foods is spending $34 million to upgrade an existing building in the city.
- Punk mainstays NOFX add best-selling book to achievements Updated: Apr-27-16 5:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Punk rock mainstays NOFX have been defying music industry trends for three decades. Now the band's members can add a new achievement to their unlikely success story: Best-selling authors.
- DA's office: Memphis jurors will decide Vanderbilt rape case Updated: Apr-27-16 5:41 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Davidson County district attorney's office says jurors from Memphis will be selected for the retrial of a former Vanderbilt football player who will be retried for rape next month.
- Speaker Harwell's health care task force holds first meeting Updated: Apr-26-16 5:57 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Members of a health care task force assigned with proposing alternatives to Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's Insure Tennessee plan on Tuesday stressed their desire to include "circuit breakers" to prevent out-of-control costs.
- Security at Nashville bus terminal increased after 4 shot Updated: Apr-26-16 5:55 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville police are increasing security at a downtown bus terminal in the aftermath of shootings that wounded four teenage boys, as the school system and city officials try to reassure residents the station is safe for children.
- Kid Rock mourns assistant who died in ATV accident Updated: Apr-26-16 10:24 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Kid Rock said in a statement he's devastated about the death of his personal assistant who was killed in an ATV accident at the singer's home in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Predators force franchise's 1st Game 7, beat Ducks 3-1 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - By treating their elimination game like a Game 7, the Nashville Predators finally have pushed a playoff series to a seventh game.
- Sportscaster Erin Andrews settles court case, ends appeals Updated: Apr-25-16 6:54 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Sportscaster and TV host Erin Andrews on Monday settled with two hotel companies that were found partially to blame for a stalker posting secretly-recorded nude video of her on the Internet.
- Public to be heard on indigent legal representation Updated: Apr-25-16 12:31 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A task force studying how lawyers are compensated for work with defendants who are unable to afford legal counsel will be holding sessions in West Tennessee this week to hear from the public.
- Tennessee State Museum to become reality in 2018 Updated: Apr-23-16 10:33 am
JACKSON, Tennessee - Architects armed with renderings, and historians with dreams made their way Wednesday to the Jim Moss Center for Nursing at Jackson State Community College to discuss plans for the new Tennessee Museum, scheduled to open by the third quarter of 2018.
- Guitarist, singer Lonnie Mack dies at age 74 in Tennessee Updated: Apr-22-16 2:42 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Guitarist and singer Lonnie Mack, whose instrumental recordings influenced guitar players including Stevie Ray Vaughan, has died in Nashville, Tennessee. He was 74.
- Nashville judge reprimanded for email to district attorney Updated: Apr-22-16 5:19 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A judge has been publicly reprimanded because of contact she had with the district attorney's office about how she would run her court.
- Tennessee lawmakers work toward winding down session Friday Updated: Apr-21-16 7:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State lawmakers got off to a quick start in January by dismissing a bill seeking to have Tennessee opt out of the U.S. Supreme Court's gay marriage ruling. Then things got complicated.
- Andrew Jackson: populist war hero and no fan of paper money Updated: Apr-21-16 7:20 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - After nearly a century as the face of the $20 bill, President Andrew Jackson is being replaced by abolitionist Harriet Tubman, who helped free slaves from the Southern landowners he defended. What should Americans recall about his legacy?
- Predators sign forward Adam Payerl to one-year contract Updated: Apr-21-16 2:49 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators have signed forward Adam Payerl to a one-year contract.