- TSU to host Tennessee Small Farms Expo Updated: Jul-30-15 4:06 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - More than 400 agricultural experts and farmers are expected at Tennessee State University in Nashville on Thursday for the Tennessee Small Farms Expo.
- THP accepting applications for Citizens' Trooper Academy Updated: Jul-30-15 3:34 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Highway Patrol is accepting applications for its Citizens' Trooper Academy.
- 2 wanted men arrested after shooting of Nashville mother Updated: Jul-29-15 7:22 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Metro Nashville police have announced that two men wanted for shooting and injuring a mother and her 7-month-old child have been arrested.
- 30,000 without power in Nashville, airport affected Updated: Jul-28-15 7:23 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville Electric Service is working to restore power for about 30,000 customers in the city, including parts of Nashville International Airport, where the outage has affected departures.
- Judge throws out drunken driving charge against Rep. Beck Updated: Jul-28-15 6:23 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A judge on Tuesday threw out a drunken driving case against freshman state Rep. Bill Beck on the basis that the police officer did not have reasonable suspicion to pull him over.
- Judge throws out drunken driving charge against lawmaker Updated: Jul-28-15 5:32 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A judge has thrown out a drunken driving case against state Democratic Rep. Bill Beck on the basis that the police officer did not have reasonable suspicion to pull him over.
- Haslam launching 15-stop tour of Tenn. on road funding needs Updated: Jul-28-15 1:00 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican Gov. Bill Haslam is launching a 15-stop tour of Tennessee to discuss the transportation funding challenges as he considers a proposal to increase the state's gas tax for the first time in 25 years.
- Miranda Lambert scholarship to help female musicians Updated: Jul-28-15 12:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Miranda Lambert wants more women to have the kind of success she's had, so she founded a new scholarship at Belmont University.
- Federal, metro governments settle immigration suit for $310K Updated: Jul-27-15 3:40 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Five years after immigration agents and local police raided a south Nashville apartment complex, the federal and Nashville governments have agreed to pay $310,000 to 14 people who sued over constitutional violations.
- Predators sign Colin Wilson to four-year contract Updated: Jul-27-15 1:56 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators have signed forward Colin Wilson to a four-year contract worth $15.75 million.
- Chip Esten of TV series 'Nashville' to headline Riverfest Updated: Jul-27-15 5:05 am
CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee - Actor Charles "Chip" Esten of the hit TV series "Nashville" will headline Riverfest 2015 in Clarksville.
- Tenn. lethal injection trial continues with dueling experts Updated: Jul-26-15 11:49 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Supreme Court says the death penalty is constitutional, so there must be a constitutional way to carry it out. But attorneys for 33 death row inmates say lethal injection isn't one of them.
- Civil rights advocate, businessman Francis Guess dead at 69 Updated: Jul-24-15 5:41 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Civil rights advocate, businessman and state commissioner Francis Guess has died. He was 69.
- Predators sign defenseman Dougherty to entry-level contract Updated: Jul-24-15 4:45 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators have signed defenseman Jack Dougherty to a three-year entry-level contract with the second-round pick in the 2014 draft expected to spend this season in the Western Hockey League.
- Lambert sings at small club 2 days after announcing divorce Updated: Jul-22-15 11:20 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Country star Miranda Lambert jumped on stage and sang at a small club in Nashville, Tennessee, two days after announcing her divorce from husband Blake Shelton.
- Gov. Walker shuns Trump's presidential primary attention Updated: Jul-22-15 2:21 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said Wednesday that he's not worried about the attention Donald Trump is getting in his bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.
- 'The Letter' songwriter Wayne Carson dies at age 72 Updated: Jul-21-15 3:34 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Grammy-winning songwriter Wayne Carson, who wrote hits like the Willie Nelson classic "Always On My Mind," and The Box Tops' "The Letter," has died. He was 72.
- Tennessee task force may opt for extending prison sentences Updated: Jul-21-15 6:38 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A task force appointed by Gov. Bill Haslam to look at prison sentencing is considering recommendations for longer prison terms.
- Tennessee denies request to block view of Confederate statue Updated: Jul-21-15 5:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The state of Tennessee will not plant trees and shrubs to hide a statue of Confederate general and early Ku Klux Klan member Nathan Bedford Forrest.
- Predators sign Craig Smith to 5-year, $21.25 million deal Updated: Jul-20-15 6:50 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators have avoided arbitration with Craig Smith by signing the forward to a $21.25 million, five-year contract.
- Muslim activist refuses to back down to hate Updated: Jul-19-15 12:39 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Dozens of jeering protesters faced down Sabina Mohyuddin at a community meeting, but she stood strong at the podium.
- Judge cleared of misconduct allegations Updated: Jul-18-15 4:55 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The state board that investigates judicial misconduct has cleared Nashville General Sessions Judge Casey Moreland of allegations brought by another judge.
- Predators sign forward Calle Jarnkrok to 1-year deal Updated: Jul-17-15 4:03 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators have signed forward Calle Jarnkrok to a one-year contract worth $735,000.
- Nashville Zoo announces addition of baby giraffe Updated: Jul-17-15 3:38 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - There's a new baby at the Nashville Zoo, a male Masai giraffe borne to Margarita.
- Ribeiro settles lawsuit accusing Predators center of assault Updated: Jul-16-15 5:08 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Predators center Mike Ribeiro and his wife have settled a lawsuit in which their nanny accused the player of sexual assault.