- Police: escaped water buffalo is safely back with owner Updated: Aug-30-15 3:40 pm
WESTMINSTER, Massachusetts - A water buffalo on the loose for several hours after escaping from a farm exhibit at a central Massachusetts ski area has been found.
- Man pleads not guilty in fatal stabbing of Southbridge man Updated: Aug-28-15 12:44 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A 49-year-old Dudley man charged in connection with the death of a Southbridge man found in his home has been held without bail.
- McKeon takes oath as new leader of state police Updated: Aug-27-15 4:33 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - The Massachusetts State Police officially have a new leader.
- 3rd person charged in connection with Worcester shooting Updated: Aug-26-15 7:49 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A third person has been arrested in connection with what police say was a drug-related fatal shooting in Worcester earlier this month.
- Parents say school's Wi-Fi signal making son sick Updated: Aug-25-15 7:47 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - The parents of a student at a private Massachusetts school have filed a lawsuit claiming the school's Wi-Fi signal made their son sick.
- State police investigating SWAT raid at Worcester home Updated: Aug-25-15 7:14 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Massachusetts State Police have are investigating a no-knock SWAT raid that a Worcester family says was a mistake.
- Meehan: UMass may lobby for more funding for med school Updated: Aug-24-15 11:28 am
BOSTON - The new president of the University of Massachusetts says he would support additional state funding for the system's medical school.
- Man, 67, dies after explosion at Massachusetts home Updated: Aug-24-15 3:17 am
NEW BRAINTREE, Massachusetts - Authorities say a contractor who was critically injured in an explosion at a Massachusetts home has died.
- Police: Worcester woman killed driving wrong way on highway Updated: Aug-23-15 10:10 am
STERLING, Massachusetts - State police say a 39-year-old Worcester woman has died after hitting two other cars, one head-on, while driving the wrong way on Interstate 190 southbound on Saturday night.
- Worcester man suspected of 3 bank robberies arrested Updated: Aug-21-15 12:19 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Police have arrested a man suspected of at least three bank robberies in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- Court grants new trial to man convicted of accosting 3 girls Updated: Aug-19-15 5:40 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts' highest court has granted a new trial to a man convicted of using a knife to threaten three teenage girls as they walked to school.
- Animals found living in squalor in Webster home Updated: Aug-18-15 3:25 pm
WEBSTER, Massachusetts - A Webster woman is facing animal cruelty charges after about 30 dogs, cats and birds were found living in squalor in a home and a dead dog was found outside.
- Governor says case of foster child's death highest priority Updated: Aug-17-15 9:16 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker said the case of a 2-year-old girl who died in foster care days after welfare workers visited her home and found her in good health has his highest priority and the state is launching its own internal investigation.
- 2nd person arrested in connection with cemetery shooting Updated: Aug-13-15 2:02 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Police have made a second arrest in connection with the death of a Worcester man who was shot from a passing vehicle as he visited a friend's grave site.
- Man gets jail time in fatal one-punch fight that killed man Updated: Aug-13-15 3:23 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Worcester man has been sentenced to four years in prison for a one-punch fight that left another man dead.
- Woman faces murder charge in fatal stabbing of fiance Updated: Aug-12-15 3:46 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A new bail has been set for a Worcester woman charged with fatally stabbing her fiance last year.
- Company plans to offer first private passenger rail in years Updated: Aug-06-15 2:07 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Boston company wants to offer the first private passenger rail line in the nation in more than 30 years, reviving a once-popular business model that was stopped dead in its tracks decades ago.
- Trooper held on assault charges released from custody Updated: Aug-06-15 3:15 am
GARDNER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts state trooper accused of injuring his girlfriend in a domestic violence incident was released from custody after a dangerousness hearing.
- Massachusetts man sentenced in poisoning of classmate Updated: Aug-05-15 5:13 am
PRINCETON, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man who pleaded guilty to poisoning a classmate while attending school in Scotland has been sentenced to three years in prison.
- Mother, 2-year-old child shot at Worcester apartment complex Updated: Aug-04-15 5:20 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Authorities say a woman and her 2-year-old child were wounded in a shooting in Worcester.
- Firing of town's first black police chief leads to turmoil Updated: Aug-03-15 9:14 pm
POCOMOKE CITY, Maryland - Residents of a small town on Maryland's Eastern Shore vented their frustrations and concerns about the ouster of the town's first black police chief at a City Council meeting Monday that devolved into angry shouting.
- Fire destroys winery, 4,000 gallons of wine at historic farm Updated: Aug-03-15 3:54 pm
CHARLTON, Massachusetts - Fire investigators on Monday sifted through the rubble of a farm winery after a massive blaze destroyed it and 4,000 gallons of wine.
- Massachusetts woman's chicken getting $2,500 prosthetic leg Updated: Aug-03-15 8:04 am
CLINTON, Massachusetts - This chicken leg isn't for eating.
- University seeks to help students provide disaster relief Updated: Aug-01-15 3:40 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts university is considering starting a permanent fund to help students provide relief work at disaster sites around the world.