- Man convicted of psych ward killing gets life in prison Updated: May-05-16 1:09 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A man convicted of killing a fellow patient in the psychiatric ward of a Massachusetts hospital has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.
- Dudley selectmen make move to halt proposed Muslim cemetery Updated: May-05-16 7:18 am
DUDLEY, Massachusetts - Dudley selectmen have placed an article on the Massachusetts town's May meeting warrant that jeopardizes a controversial proposal to build a Muslim cemetery.
- Police chief who called for marathon bomber's burial retires Updated: May-04-16 7:49 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - The Massachusetts police chief who made national news in 2013 when he publicly pleaded for someone to step forward and bury the body of Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev (TAM'-ehr-luhn tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) is retiring.
- Leominster High mourns loss of young teacher Updated: Apr-28-16 9:32 am
LEOMINSTER, Massachusetts - Faculty and students at Leominster (LEH'-min-stuhr) High School are mourning the sudden death of a young and dedicated teacher.
- Woman charged with kidnapping toddler to be moved to prison Updated: Apr-26-16 5:20 pm
SALEM, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts baby sitter accused of kidnapping and assaulting a toddler she cared for will be moved from a mental health hospital to a state prison to await trial.
- Worcester man pleads guilty in punching death Updated: Apr-26-16 7:44 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Worcester man has pleaded guilty to causing another man's death by punching him in the face, making him fall over and hit his head.
- Massachusetts landmarks lit in purple to honor Prince Updated: Apr-21-16 9:47 pm
BOSTON - Several Massachusetts landmarks are illuminated in purple to honor Prince.
- Lion tracker with MS leads cast of History Channel's 'Alone' Updated: Apr-21-16 2:01 pm
BOSTON - Nicole Apelian first learned how to live primitively by tracking lions through the South African bush while doing academic research. More recently, she started gathering wild plants to eat to slow the progress of her multiple sclerosis.
- Man who was subject of daylong manhunt sent to prison Updated: Apr-21-16 8:19 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Leicester (LESS'-tuhr) man who was armed when he was captured last November after a daylong manhunt has been sentenced to three years behind bars.
- Assault charges against Massachusetts prison guard dismissed Updated: Apr-20-16 8:15 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Prosecutors have dismissed charges against a Massachusetts prison guard who had been charged with holding a gun to his girlfriend's head during a domestic dispute last year.
- Uxbridge paramedics respond to home to deliver baby Updated: Apr-18-16 7:34 am
UXBRIDGE, Massachusetts - A pair of Uxbridge paramedics went above and beyond the call of duty when they were called to a home in town for a woman in labor.
- 2 men shot outside Worcester barber shop Updated: Apr-16-16 5:01 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Police say two men were shot outside of a Worcester barber shop and one is in critical condition.
- Worcester Art Museum holds Star Wars day Updated: Apr-16-16 9:24 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - The Force is strong at the Worcester Art Museum.
- Worcester stabbing suspect deemed too dangerous for release Updated: Apr-15-16 4:31 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A judge has ruled that a reputed Worcester gang member charged in a nightclub stabbing is too dangerous to release on bail.
- Police: Sutton woman runs down 2 others Updated: Apr-14-16 7:45 am
SUTTON, Massachusetts - Police say an argument involving several women in Sutton culminated with one of the women getting in her car and deliberately running down two others.
- Massachusetts prisoner pleads guilty killing fellow inmate Updated: Apr-08-16 3:01 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts prison inmate serving a life sentence for murder has pleaded guilty to fatally beating a fellow inmate so severely that his face was barely recognizable.
- Southbridge man admits to illegally shipping gun parts Updated: Apr-08-16 7:36 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A 60-year-old Massachusetts man has pleaded guilty to illegally shipping gun parts across the globe.
- High bail set for man accused of trying to kidnap girls Updated: Apr-07-16 5:14 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Prosecutors say a man accused of trying to kidnap three teenage girls on their way to school in Worcester had several items including ropes, pliers and duct tape in his backpack when arrested.
- Couple killed in March were to testify in upcoming case Updated: Apr-06-16 6:42 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Authorities say a couple killed last month in Worcester were expected to testify against a man who allegedly broke into their home in 2013.