- Police: Fare-beater wanted for 1990 shooting in other state Updated: May-27-16 2:52 pm
NEW YORK - Police say a man arrested for subway fare-beating in New York City was wanted for a 1990 shooting in Massachusetts.
- MBTA's Worcester to Boston nonstop express train makes debut Updated: May-24-16 6:16 am
BOSTON - Following decades of planning, the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's nonstop express train from Worcester to Boston finally made its inaugural run.
- Lyme disease conference taking place in Worcester Updated: May-21-16 9:23 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - The Central Massachusetts Lyme Foundation is holding its second-annual conference this weekend.
- Ex-teacher found guilty of sending nude photos to student Updated: May-19-16 2:25 pm
DUDLEY, Massachusetts - A former Southbridge teacher charged with sending nude photos of himself to a high school student has been found guilty.
- Driver in state trooper's death held on $500K bail Updated: May-18-16 5:16 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - The man charged with crashing into a police vehicle on the Massachusetts Turnpike resulting in the death of a state trooper has been arraigned.
- Suspect punched after 2-state car chase held without bail Updated: May-18-16 3:53 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A man who was repeatedly punched by police after leading them on a 50-mile car chase from Massachusetts to New Hampshire had also run from officers several days earlier, a prosecutor said Wednesday.
- Massachusetts families grapple with rising college costs Updated: May-17-16 4:35 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Growing up next to the beckoning gleam of the city's colleges, Rose Molina's daughter envisioned herself going to one of those schools one day. "It was one of the things she'd talk about when she was very young," she said.
- Workers rescue 3 cubs from tree after mother is electrocuted Updated: May-16-16 5:46 pm
GARDNER, Massachusetts - Massachusetts environmental workers have come to the aid of three bear cubs after their mother was electrocuted by a transformer.
- 'The Codfather' fishing magnate pleads not guilty to charges Updated: May-13-16 9:26 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts fishing magnate known as "The Codfather" has pleaded not guilty to a variety of federal charges including lying on catch reports and cash smuggling.
- Man admits locking Verizon worker in underground vault Updated: May-11-16 2:18 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man accused of locking a Verizon worker inside an unventilated underground vault because he was upset the worker parked on his grass has pleaded guilty to kidnapping.
- Worcester women, son, get probation in Medicaid fraud scheme Updated: May-10-16 7:25 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Worcester woman and her adult son have received probation for cheating the state Medicaid system out of nearly $100,000.
- Massachusetts man killed after bulldozer backs over him Updated: May-06-16 8:36 am
PHILLIPSTON, Massachusetts - A 60-year-old Winchester man was killed this week when a bulldozer backed over him while he was working at a site in central Massachusetts.
- Second-generation officer named Worcester police chief Updated: May-06-16 7:25 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Deputy Chief Steven Sargent, a second-generation officer, has been named chief of the Worcester Police Department.
- Man convicted of psych ward killing gets life in prison Updated: May-05-16 1:09 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A man convicted of killing a fellow patient in the psychiatric ward of a Massachusetts hospital has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.
- Dudley selectmen make move to halt proposed Muslim cemetery Updated: May-05-16 7:18 am
DUDLEY, Massachusetts - Dudley selectmen have placed an article on the Massachusetts town's May meeting warrant that jeopardizes a controversial proposal to build a Muslim cemetery.
- Police chief who called for marathon bomber's burial retires Updated: May-04-16 7:49 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - The Massachusetts police chief who made national news in 2013 when he publicly pleaded for someone to step forward and bury the body of Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev (TAM'-ehr-luhn tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) is retiring.
- Leominster High mourns loss of young teacher Updated: Apr-28-16 9:32 am
LEOMINSTER, Massachusetts - Faculty and students at Leominster (LEH'-min-stuhr) High School are mourning the sudden death of a young and dedicated teacher.