- Advocates award $10k in grants to domestic violence groups Updated: Jun-28-15 3:50 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Jane Doe Inc. will present economic empowerment grants totaling $10,000 to 11 sexual and domestic violence agencies.
- Man fatally shot while visiting friend's grave identified Updated: Jun-27-15 1:19 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Police have identified a Massachusetts man who was killed in a drive-by shooting while visiting the grave of a close friend who was fatally shot in 2011.
- Worcester man gets up to 20 years in prison for 2010 killing Updated: Jun-26-15 4:17 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Worcester man has been sentenced to 15 to 20 years in prison for fatally shooting his best friend in 2010.
- Auburn man gets 3 years for fatal bread truck crash Updated: Jun-26-15 6:37 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man who was drunk when he rear-ended a bread delivery truck in 2012 on Interstate 290, resulting in the death of the driver, has been sentenced to three years in prison.
- 6-year-old Worcester girl injured in crash dies Updated: Jun-25-15 6:46 am
STURBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Police say a 6-year-old Worcester girl injured in a car crash in Sturbridge earlier this month has died.
- Worcester police: officer shoots, injures car theft suspect Updated: Jun-24-15 8:38 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Worcester police say an officer has shot and wounded a man who tried to ram officers with a stolen car.
- 4, including mother and 2 sons, deny roles in man's slaying Updated: Jun-22-15 4:45 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Four people, including a Worcester woman and her two sons, have pleaded not guilty in connection with a 2013 slaying.
- Worcester County prepares for wood-boring beetle infestation Updated: Jun-22-15 12:16 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Thousands of traps are being hung on trees across Worcester County this month in an attempt to provide an early warning system for an unwelcome pest.
- Worcester man gets year in prison for uniform fraud scam Updated: Jun-19-15 2:26 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man has been sentenced to one year in prison for creating a fictitious uniform manufacturing company that did business in Afghanistan and defrauded the U.S. government out of more than $150,000.
- Barre man identified as victim of East Brookfield crash Updated: Jun-18-15 6:25 am
EAST BROOKFIELD, Massachusetts - State police have released the name of a man who died in a head-on crash this week in East Brookfield.
- Fitchburg man pleads guilty to stabbing death of girlfriend Updated: Jun-17-15 11:58 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Fitchburg man has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the 2010 stabbing death of his girlfriend.
- Northbridge bridge named after fallen Marine Updated: Jun-15-15 8:06 am
NORTHBRIDGE, Massachusetts - A bridge in Northbridge has been named in honor of a U.S. Marine from town who was killed in the 1983 bombing of the Marine Corps barracks in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Bear killed after being hit by van in Massachusetts Updated: Jun-15-15 5:50 am
WARE, Massachusetts - A female bear struck by a van last week in Ware had to be put down, but experts say the cub with the bear can survive on its own.
- Alum and wife give Holy Cross $32.5M gift Updated: Jun-09-15 11:31 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A 1974 graduate of the College of the Holy Cross and his wife have given the school its largest single donation in school history, a $32.5 million gift that will be used to enhance the student recreational experience on the Worcester campus.
- Ex-Worcester officer gets up to 7 years on rape conviction Updated: Jun-09-15 9:37 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A former Worcester police officer convicted of raping a woman while on duty has been sentenced to up to seven years in prison.
- Rhode Island woman pleads guilty in Massachusetts slaying Updated: Jun-09-15 9:22 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Rhode Island woman has been sentenced to up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to her role in the killing of a 19-year-old autistic and diabetic man from Massachusetts.
- Man pleads not guilty to fatal shooting at house party Updated: Jun-04-15 7:22 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A 22-year-old Worcester man has pleaded not guilty in connection with a fatal shooting at a March after-hours house party.
- Rhode Island couple charged in death of man under concrete Updated: Jun-01-15 5:32 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island couple was ordered held without bail Monday in the killing of a Massachusetts man whose body was found under newly poured concrete at the couple's home nearly a month after he went missing.
- 2 charged in death of man whose body was under cement Updated: May-31-15 3:46 pm
BURRILLVILLE, Rhode Island - Police say two people who lived at a Rhode Island house where the body of a Massachusetts man was found buried under concrete are facing murder charges in his death.