- 6 Connecticut men charged with staging car crashes Updated: May-24-16 11:17 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Federal prosecutors say six Connecticut residents have been charged with staging car crashes so they could make fraudulent insurance claims.
- Authorities release name of man who died while fishing Updated: May-23-16 11:47 am
NORTH STONINGTON, Connecticut - Authorities have released the name of the man who died while fishing with his son on a North Stonington lake over the weekend.
- Connecticut College to try new approach to curriculum Updated: May-23-16 10:06 am
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - For about 40 years, many Connecticut College students selected their courses like those at most universities, taking classes outside their majors mostly at random in an attempt to complete a mandatory general education checklist.
- Homeland Security secretary touts investment in Coast Guard Updated: May-18-16 4:55 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson touted the modernization of the Coast Guard fleet Wednesday in a speech to graduating cadets at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.
- Cheyenne man sole surviving WWII sub vet in Wyoming Updated: May-18-16 2:02 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - At the height of World War II, German submarines, also known as U-boats, gained a reputation as the terror of the high seas.
- Lawrence + Memorial Hospital offers Narcan to local police Updated: May-17-16 6:52 am
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - Lawrence + Memorial Hospital in New London will provide a year's supply of the opioid overdose reversal drug Narcan to at least six regional police departments.
- Small Connecticut harbors feel squeezed out by deep ports Updated: May-09-16 9:48 am
NORWALK, Connecticut - City harbor officials in Norwalk- and their counterparts along the coastline -are worried about being left behind when the new Connecticut Port Authority begins its mission to restore the state's deep water ports.
- Police investigating suspicious death at New London hospital Updated: May-04-16 6:51 am
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - The New London Police Department is investigating a suspicious death that occurred at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital in the southeast Connecticut city.
- Mexican tall ship to visit New London Updated: May-01-16 3:16 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - A tall ship that belongs to the Mexican Navy is visiting New London this week as part of a goodwill mission.
- 3 face expulsion in Coast Guard Academy cheating probe Updated: Apr-26-16 12:38 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - Three cadets at the Coast Guard Academy in Connecticut are facing possible expulsion and more than three dozen others have been disciplined in an investigation into cheating on an online quiz, officials announced Tuesday.
- Navy gets under sailors' skin with tattoo policy changes Updated: Apr-25-16 9:22 am
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - At 18, Mark Hillyer sold a pint of blood and a half pint of whiskey for $10 so that he could get his first tattoo.
- Submarine museum to open exhibit on Groton base history Updated: Apr-24-16 12:17 pm
GROTON, Connecticut - The Navy's submarine force museum is opening a new exhibit dedicated to the history of Naval Submarine Base New London.