- Man dies after truck rolls over near Custer Updated: May-30-16 1:04 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Authorities are investigating a Yellowstone County crash that left a man dead after his vehicle went off the road and landed in a ditch.
- Bicyclist run down, robbed by driver in Eureka Updated: May-29-16 9:43 pm
EUREKA, Montana - A 28-year-old man is expected to be charged in Lincoln County after officials say he ran down a Eureka bicyclist with a car in order to rob the victim.
- Teacher shortage in northern Montana has officials worried Updated: May-29-16 6:19 pm
HAVRE, Montana - A shortage of teachers in northern Montana has officials worried after superintendents from three rural Montana districts told the Montana University Board of Regents that teachers are unwilling to relocate to northern Montana and school officials have problems filling primary and secondary school teacher positions.
- Campers in national forests worried about target shooting Updated: May-29-16 5:53 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Campers in Montana's national forests are getting skittish as more sportsmen take advantage of rules that allow target shooting, even though they comply with the rules.
- People in Missoula County invest in new parks and trails Updated: May-29-16 11:55 am
MISSOULA, Montana - People in Missoula County have invested more than $2 million in new parks and trails.
- Gallatin College to offer photonics, optics program in fall Updated: May-28-16 5:16 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Gallatin College Montana State University is adding a photonics and optics program in hopes of helping staff nearby employers.
- Suspects arrested in casino robbery, carjacking Updated: May-28-16 2:54 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Authorities have arrested two suspects in the robbery of a casino near Missoula International Airport and the carjacking of a family.
- Park Service considers visitor caps, expects record crowds Updated: May-28-16 12:53 pm
HELENA, Montana - As the National Park Service kicks off a centennial summer expected to draw record crowds, the agency is seriously considering caps on how many people pass through some of the country's most iconic landscapes and historical sites each day.
- Yellowstone urges tourists to carry bear spray, just in case Updated: May-28-16 12:53 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A new Yellowstone National Park campaign urging tourists to carry bear spray features celebrities like Bozeman climber Conrad Anker, whose feats include three Everest ascents.
- US wants to help endangered Yellowstone fish with $57M dam Updated: May-28-16 12:46 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. officials say building a $57 million concrete dam and fish bypass channel along Montana's Yellowstone River offers the cheapest way to help an endangered species that dates to the time of dinosaurs.
- Families connect with culture through equine therapy Updated: May-28-16 2:02 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Shelly Fyant, from Arlee, painted circles around the eyes of a horse named Big Medicine.
- Teen making her mark with charcoal in hand Updated: May-28-16 2:02 am
HELENA, Montana - You might have seen Hailey Henrikson in the front window of Imagine Design during the Spring Art Walk, working her magic with charcoal and a sketch pad.
- Inmate escapes Montana Women's Prison in Billings Updated: May-27-16 5:44 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - An inmate serving time for drug possession and for walking away from a prerelease center has escaped from the Montana Women's Prison in Billings.
- Man convicted in tribal corruption case charged with escape Updated: May-27-16 4:20 pm
HELENA, Montana - A man who was convicted of defrauding a Montana Indian tribe now faces an escape charge after prosecutors say he fled from a minimum-security prison last fall, then was re-captured after crashing a stolen vehicle during a high-speed chase.
- Independent committees provide muscle in legislative races Updated: May-27-16 3:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - Money has been flowing into Montana legislative races at a brisk pace, fueled by political committees seeking to influence the makeup of the Legislature that convenes in January.
- Montana man accused of terrorizing North Dakota hotel clerk Updated: May-27-16 11:24 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A Billings, Montana, man is accused of threatening to shoot an employee at a hotel in Williston, North Dakota.
- Montana officials consider increasing Stillwater mine bond Updated: May-27-16 11:20 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana officials have proposed increasing the bond for Stillwater Mining Co.'s Nye mine to offset rising cleanup costs.
- Tester to introduce CSKT water compact in US Senate Updated: May-27-16 3:19 am
KALISPELL, Montana - U.S. Sen. Jon Tester says he's introducing legislation to ratify the $2.3 billion water rights compact for the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes.
- Bridger man charged with negligent homicide in highway crash Updated: May-27-16 2:14 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A man is facing charges months after a fatal crash near Laurel that he is believed to have caused after his suspected involvement in a road rage incident.
- Woman gets 60 years for abusing infant twins, 1 of whom died Updated: May-27-16 12:03 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings woman who abused her 10-week-old twins, one of whom died in 2014, has been sentenced to 60 years in prison.
- 17-year-old Browning girl dies in rollover crash Updated: May-26-16 11:12 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A 17-year-old Browning girl was killed and her 20-year-old female passenger was injured in a rollover crash in Glacier County.
- Trump has rally in Billings after securing nomination Updated: May-26-16 8:43 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A crowd of thousands, buoyed by word that Donald Trump had just locked down the Republican presidential nomination, gathered in a Billings arena Thursday to cheer the New York businessman and his unlikely ascent to the top of his party.
- The Latest: Trump holds rally before cheering Montana crowd Updated: May-26-16 7:44 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Latest on Donald Trump's rally in Billings (all times local):
- Mudslide slogs travel on key route in Glacier National Park Updated: May-26-16 6:01 pm
WEST GLACIER, Montana - For tourists trying to get to some sights in Glacier National Park, it's been a dam inconvenience.
- Man sentenced to prison for shooting grizzly bear in Montana Updated: May-26-16 4:36 pm
HELENA, Montana - A magistrate judge has sentenced a Washington state man to six months in prison for shooting and killing a grizzly bear in northwestern Montana last year.