- Man gets 10 years for fatally shooting 3-year-old nephew Updated: Jul-30-15 12:38 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A St. Ignatius man who pleaded guilty to shooting his 3-year-old nephew has been sentenced to 10 years in prison and 13 months in an alcohol treatment center.
- Prescription drug abuse reduction initiative launched Updated: Jul-29-15 8:11 pm
HELENA, Montana - An initiative launched Wednesday in Montana aims to curb rampant prescription drug abuse.
- Relative: Family shot after offering help to stranded driver Updated: Jul-29-15 7:52 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A man who was stopped along a road on Montana's Crow Indian Reservation gunned down a family who tried to help him Wednesday, killing the couple and wounding their daughter, a relative said.
- Former BLM worker sentenced to 1 year for fraud Updated: Jul-29-15 7:12 pm
HELENA, Montana - A federal judge sentenced a former Bureau of Land Management employee on Wednesday to a year in prison after he pleaded guilty to continuing to draw a federal salary after leaving his job for another.
- Former Chippewa Cree leader sentenced to 5 ½ years in prison Updated: Jul-29-15 6:49 pm
HELENA, Montana - A judge sentenced a former Chippewa Cree tribal council member Wednesday to 5 ½ years in prison after he pleaded guilty to embezzlement, tax evasion and other charges in a federal corruption investigation.
- Flathead County offers to buy old Wal-Mart building for jail Updated: Jul-29-15 1:50 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Flathead County has a tentative agreement to purchase a former Wal-Mart building in Evergreen to house the county jail.
- Glendive battered by 120 mph winds during thunderstorm Updated: Jul-29-15 5:05 am
GLENDIVE, Montana - Crews are working to restore power to Glendive after a severe thunderstorm with up to 120 mph winds knocked out much of the city's power.
- Officials ID shooting victim found outside hospital Updated: Jul-28-15 11:36 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Missoula County officials have released the name of a Washington state man who was found dead in a vehicle outside a western Montana hospital.
- Regulators to press ahead on Missoula water sale review Updated: Jul-28-15 6:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's Public Service Commission voted unanimously Tuesday to continue its review of a Canadian company's proposed purchase of Missoula's drinking water system while the city's attempt to acquire the system for itself plays out in court.
- Suspect arrested in Bozeman hit-and-run Updated: Jul-28-15 6:06 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Police in Bozeman have arrested a suspect in a weekend hit-and-run that seriously injured a 72-year-old man.
- Trial begins for man accused of trying to rape a woman Updated: Jul-28-15 5:17 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - The attorney for a man who escaped from police custody after being arrested for trying to rape a woman in February 2014 said he choked her because she was trying to attack him with knives.
- Medical examiner could've revoked job over infant autopsies Updated: Jul-28-15 4:36 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's former medical examiner had the authority to revoke the appointment of an associate who he complained continually ignored a directive not to perform autopsies on infants, state officials said.
- Public employee retirees settle pension lawsuit with state Updated: Jul-28-15 3:22 pm
HELENA, Montana - About 20,000 retired state and local government employees will keep a 3 percent annual increase in pension benefits in the settlement of a lawsuit with the state of Montana.
- Union workers again reject contract with Stillwater Mining Updated: Jul-28-15 2:13 pm
HELENA, Montana - Union workers have again rejected a proposed four-year contract with the only company mining platinum and palladium in the United States.
- Great Falls police to sell seized firearms Updated: Jul-28-15 10:58 am
GREAT FALLS, Montana - The Great Falls Police Department will be auctioning off about 150 seized firearms to federal firearms license holders.
- Authorities ID Montana man who died in North Dakota crash Updated: Jul-28-15 10:50 am
RAY, North Dakota - Authorities have identified a Montana man who died in a rollover crash in northwestern North Dakota.
- Bullock appoints Nystuen to Board of Regents Updated: Jul-27-15 4:29 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock has appointed Bob Nystuen of Lakeside to the state Board of Regents, which oversees the Montana university system.
- 3 sets of twins born same day at Montana hospital Updated: Jul-27-15 4:13 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Three sets of fraternal twins were born on the same day at a Bozeman, Montana, hospital - adding up to more than half of the hospital's births that day.
- Judge orders fast-track review of Glacier-area energy lease Updated: Jul-27-15 3:56 pm
HELENA, Montana - A judge on Monday denied a Louisiana company's request to lift the U.S. government's decades-long suspension of an energy lease near Glacier National Park, but he called the delay unreasonable and ordered government officials to fast-track a decision.
- Northern Cheyenne tribe to look at sites along railroad path Updated: Jul-27-15 1:08 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Northern Cheyenne tribe is planning additional investigations of cultural sites along the path of a proposed railroad that would open new areas of southeastern Montana to large-scale coal mining.
- AP Exclusive: Teen's killing by friend goes to special jury Updated: Jul-25-15 3:53 am
BILLINGS, Montana - The parents of a Montana teenager who shot and killed a friend knocking on his bedroom window late at night say he shouldn't face criminal charges over what they describe as a tragic accident.
- EPA resists calls to remove Butte mining waste Updated: Jul-25-15 3:04 am
BUTTE, Montana - Below the center of Butte flows water tainted with poisons drawn from a mass of mining and smelting waste that has been a pollution problem for more than a century.
- Tourists worried about fire nix Glacier National Park trips Updated: Jul-24-15 6:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Hotels and campgrounds in Glacier National Park are flooded with calls from worried tourists canceling their reservations or asking whether the Montana landmark will stay open as a wildfire sweeps through a popular part of the park.
- Helena man files for governor after horse business fails Updated: Jul-24-15 6:17 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Helena man has filed to run for Montana governor in 2016.
- 1-year-old hit and killed by van near Great Falls Updated: Jul-24-15 4:37 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Cascade County authorities say a man attempting to park a van struck and killed a 1-year-old south of Great Falls.