- For Butte girl, no place like home to fight for her life Updated: Feb-13-16 2:06 am
BUTTE, Montana - Six-year-old Annalyn Halvorsen loves mermaids because they have super powers.
- A newcomer's idea grows into River's Edge Trail Updated: Feb-13-16 2:00 am
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Chuck and Gerry Jennings came to Great Falls in 1974 when he had an opportunity to practice orthopedic surgery.
- Livestock board paid executive officer $204,000 to resign Updated: Feb-12-16 6:34 pm
HELENA, Montana - The state reached a $204,000 settlement agreement with the former executive director of the Department of Livestock and paid him just over $105,000 four days after he resigned in September.
- Montana Chief Justice Mike McGrath reflects on first term Updated: Feb-12-16 6:23 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana Chief Justice Mike McGrath stood over a short stack of file folders, some bound by rubber bands, as he talked about his court's growing caseload.
- 1 dead after being pulled from Billings house fire Updated: Feb-12-16 6:12 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Fire officials say a man who was rescued from a house fire in Billings has died.
- Montana mine gets conditional approval due to water worries Updated: Feb-12-16 6:03 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana environmental regulators granted conditional approval Friday to a long-stalled silver and copper mine proposed beneath a federal wilderness area, saying the developer must show before mining can proceed that the $500 million project won't drain overlying creeks.
- Montana State researchers among those proving Einstein right Updated: Feb-12-16 5:46 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A century ago Albert Einstein predicted the existence of gravitational waves rippling through the universe, and on Thursday a team of 1,000 scientists worldwide - including Montana State University astrophysicist Neil Cornish - announced they found proof in the echo of a billion-year-old collision between two massive black holes.
- Slalom queen Shiffrin ready for upcoming return to racing Updated: Feb-12-16 4:55 pm
CRANS-MONTANA, Switzerland - The slalom queen is back and raring to go after a frustrating two months out with injury.
- County attorney moves to dismiss negligent homicide charge Updated: Feb-12-16 4:12 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Stillwater County attorney has filed a motion to dismiss a negligent homicide charge filed in the July 2013 death of an Absarokee man.
- The Latest: Mine developer says partial approval is enough Updated: Feb-12-16 3:33 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The latest on Montana officials giving only partial approval to a $500 million silver and copper mine proposed near the Idaho border. (all times local):
- Man charged with kidnapping, assaulting estranged wife Updated: Feb-12-16 10:20 am
HAMILTON, Montana - A 49-year-old Stevensville man has been charged with kidnapping and assaulting his estranged wife.
- Elk hunting reduction approved for northern Yellowstone herd Updated: Feb-12-16 2:20 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Wildlife officials are placing restrictions on elk hunting north of the Yellowstone National Park border near Gardiner for the next two years.
- Bolomboy's 22 leads Weber State past Sacramento State 63-50 Updated: Feb-12-16 12:28 am
OGDEN, Utah - Joel Bolomboy scored 22 points and tied his career-high with 23 rebounds to help Weber State to a 63-50 win over Sacramento State Thursday night and remain one game behind Montana for the Big Sky Conference lead.
- Montana State demolishes Northern Arizona 101-58 Updated: Feb-12-16 12:02 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - Tyler Hall scored 29 points on 10-for-14 shooting_8 for 11 from 3_to lead Montana State to a 101-58 pummeling of Northern Arizona on Thursday night.
- Jury rules against Montana woman's wrongful-birth lawsuit Updated: Feb-11-16 11:55 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A Montana jury ruled Thursday against a woman who sought millions of dollars from health care providers that she said failed to diagnose her unborn daughter's cystic fibrosis.
- Breunig leads Montana past Southern Utah 86-53 Updated: Feb-11-16 11:05 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Martin Breunig had 20 points, seven rebounds and four blocks to lead Montana to an 86-53 win over Southern Utah on Thursday night.
- Hung jury in case of man who shot home intruder Updated: Feb-11-16 5:10 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Lewis and Clark County jury was unable to reach a verdict in the case of a Helena man charged with shooting and killing a home intruder.
- Missoula school student data breach included alumni records Updated: Feb-11-16 1:19 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Missoula County Public Schools says a data breach that affected more than 1,100 students also included private information on alumni and deceased students.
- Court's stay on EPA rules gives governor temporary reprieve Updated: Feb-10-16 8:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - The U.S. Supreme Court's decision to temporarily freeze the Obama administration's Clean Power Plan gives Montana Gov. Steve Bullock breathing room in his campaign for a second term.
- Candidates barred from targeting public workers' emails Updated: Feb-10-16 2:58 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana candidates for political office are barred from distributing unsolicited campaign material to public employees' email addresses, the state commissioner of political practices said Wednesday.
- Man pleads guilty in death of girlfriend's 2-year-old son Updated: Feb-10-16 2:48 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A 22-year-old Evergreen man has entered a guilty plea in the death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son.
- Man arrested after 12-hour standoff charged with assault Updated: Feb-10-16 2:25 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A Bozeman man involved in a 12-hour standoff with police has been charged with assault with a weapon.
- Man sentenced for leaving the scene of pedestrian collision Updated: Feb-10-16 1:33 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A 31-year-old Bozeman man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for leaving the scene of a collision in which a pedestrian was severely injured.
- Data shows mild flu season in Montana so far Updated: Feb-10-16 12:15 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana health officials say flu-related hospitalizations are down 95 percent from the same period last year.
- Man arrested on suspicion of kidnapping estranged wife Updated: Feb-10-16 9:54 am
HAMILTON, Montana - A 49-year-old Corvallis man has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping his estranged wife and assaulting her.