- Drowning victims' moms hope river rescue stations save lives Updated: May-28-16 3:02 am
ROSEBURG, Oregon - After two Roseburg High School students drowned in the Umpqua River on Memorial Day weekend last year, Roseburg Rotary President Sue Van Volkenburg was inspired to do something to make the river a safer place.
- Oregon college awarded grant for recovery from mass shooting Updated: May-17-16 4:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Umpqua Community College will receive nearly $530,000 in federal money to help it recover from a mass shooting on campus last fall.
- Umpqua National Forest engineer receives national award Updated: May-08-16 11:07 pm
ROSEBURG, Oregon - An assistant forest engineer from Douglas County has received national recognition for estimating the cost of removing asbestos from all U.S. Forest Service facilities across the nation.
- Disc Golf's tranquility helps man with depression Updated: May-08-16 11:05 am
ROSEBURG, Oregon - When Tyler Pryce stepped up to the concrete disc golf pad, selected a driver with a heavier weight and made his first throw of the day, he turfed it.
- Like mother, like daughter: A family's Navy legacy Updated: May-07-16 1:12 pm
ROSEBURG, Oregon - "Growing up, my mom shared a lot of her stories from the Navy," said Rosemary Agee, nestling closer to her mother. "You could feel the patriotism - God, country, and family. She showed it in her values and what she did."