- Bangkok temple now a venerated site for Leicester City fans Updated: May-03-16 3:53 am
BANGKOK - Tucked in the Chinatown area of Bangkok is a Buddhist temple that has turned overnight into a venerated site for Leicester City's fans, at least the ones in Thailand.
- Japan announces $7 billion plan to develop Mekong region Updated: May-02-16 5:41 am
BANGKOK - Japan's foreign minister announced a $7 billion initiative Monday to promote development in Southeast Asia's Mekong region, which encompasses parts of Vietnam, Laos and Thailand through which the river flows.
- Bangkok ferris wheel catches fire, but no injuries reported Updated: Apr-30-16 6:57 am
BANGKOK - The ferris wheel at a newly opened dinosaur theme park in Bangkok caught fire on Saturday, but the park said no one was on it at the time, and no injuries were reported.
- Thailand's military government cracks down on opponents Updated: Apr-27-16 10:22 am
BANGKOK - Thailand's military government on Wednesday turned up the pressure on its opponents, filing a legal complaint against critics of a proposed new constitution and detaining 10 people in connection with social media postings.
- Thailand is used to hot Aprils, but not this hot! Updated: Apr-27-16 6:53 am
BANGKOK - Animals at Bangkok's zoo are being fed special frozen fruit pops. People are flocking to shopping malls just to soak up the air-conditioning. Authorities are telling people to stay out of the blazing sun to avoid heat stroke.
- Gay couple wins custody battle against Thai surrogate mother Updated: Apr-26-16 6:19 am
BANGKOK - A same-sex American-Spanish couple won a high-profile custody battle Tuesday against a surrogate mother in Thailand who gave birth to their child but then decided she wanted to keep the baby when she found out they were gay.
- Banharn Silpa-archa, former Thai prime minister, dead at 83 Updated: Apr-23-16 3:40 am
BANGKOK - Banharn Silpa-archa, a provincial political powerbroker who served a scandal-ridden 16 months as Thailand's prime minister in 1995-96, has died at age 83.
- Forget the drought, Thailand's national water fight is on Updated: Apr-11-16 7:33 am
BANGKOK - Drought? What drought? Bring out the water guns!