- Thai military court to release 14 students ahead of trial Updated: Jul-07-15 7:47 am
BANGKOK - A military court in Thailand said Tuesday it will release 14 student activists from detention but they will still face sedition charges - and the prospect of years in prison - for defying the junta's ban on political gatherings.
- Thailand seizes illegal ivory in crates marked as 'marble' Updated: Jul-06-15 5:06 am
BANGKOK - Thai customs officials said Monday they seized 250 kilograms (550 pounds) of ivory - or about 130 tusks and pieces - hidden in crates being shipped from Africa to Asia.
- Bangkok-bound flight from China makes emergency landing Updated: Jul-03-15 7:16 am
BEIJING - A Bangkok-bound flight operated by a Chinese airline made an emergency landing Friday afternoon after an engine fire warning lit up, China Southern Airlines said.
- Thailand's only known MERS patient is virus-free Updated: Jul-03-15 6:53 am
BANGKOK - A 75-year-old Omani man who became Thailand's only known case of the often-deadly MERS virus was declared free of the illness by the Health Ministry on Friday.
- UN rights office urges Thailand to free 14 student activists Updated: Jun-30-15 4:52 am
BANGKOK - The U.N. human rights office called Tuesday on Thailand to release 14 student activists and drop the charges that were filed against them for holding a peaceful anti-coup rally.
- Bangkok airport denies security slip after Tokyo finds a gun Updated: Jun-25-15 11:49 pm
BANGKOK - Airport officials in Thailand say they followed proper security measures and gave no special treatment to Bangkok's former police chief who was arrested earlier this week in Tokyo with a loaded gun in his luggage.
- Rights group wants Thailand, Myanmar to help 'sea gypsies' Updated: Jun-25-15 8:07 am
BANGKOK - The governments of Thailand and Myanmar must end discrimination and other abuses against a nomadic seafaring tribe whose livelihood in their waters has been upended by development, a human rights group said Thursday.
- Global raids lead to 600 seizures of wildlife contraband Updated: Jun-18-15 8:55 am
BANGKOK - A series of raids conducted across Asia, Africa and Europe resulted in more than 300 arrests and over 600 seizures of assorted wildlife contraband - from several tons of ivory and rhino horns to whale ribs and sea horses, authorities said Thursday.
- Thai palace official arrested for lese majeste charges Updated: Jun-11-15 4:02 am
BANGKOK - A royal household official attached to the Thai crown prince's ex-wife on Thursday turned himself in over multiple charges, including defamation against the country's monarchy.