- Mississippi man sentenced in DUI crash that killed 2 teens Updated: May-02-16 3:02 pm
HOLLY SPRINGS, Mississippi - A Mississippi man is set to spend 60 years in prison after pleading guilty to a drunken-driving crash that killed two students from a high school in the Memphis suburb of Eads, Tennessee.
- Titans don't pick up 5th-year option on guard Chance Warmack Updated: May-02-16 2:09 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have declined to pick up the fifth-year option for guard Chance Warmack, giving the 10th overall draft pick in 2013 the chance to convince them he should stick around after this season.
- Officers fatally shoot man while executing search warrant Updated: May-02-16 1:53 pm
ALAMO, Tennessee - The weekend shooting death of a man by officers executing a search warrant at a home has prompted an investigation by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, the agency said Monday
- Tennessee disregarded red flags with TNReady testing firm Updated: May-02-16 11:42 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee officials knew of concerns about a testing company's ability to fulfill a $107.7 million contract to administer the new online TNReady standardized test even before this year's failed rollout, internal documents show.
- Tennessee firefighter arrested on robbery charge Updated: May-02-16 7:26 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Police have arrested a Tennessee firefighter after they say he robbed a convenience store in Chattanooga.
- Contour Airlines starts strong in Tupelo, aided by low fares Updated: May-02-16 4:25 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Bolstered by cut-rate tickets, Tupelo's new airline has been flying lots of passengers.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park 2015 benefits released Updated: May-02-16 4:08 am
GATLINBURG, Tennessee - The National Park Service says Great Smoky Mountains National Park provided nearly $874 million in economic benefit to communities near the park last year and supported more than 13,000 jobs in the area.
- Bureau of Land Management seeking input on coal program Updated: May-02-16 4:08 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management is holding a public meeting later this month in Knoxville, seeking input on potential reforms to the federal coal program.
- AP Exclusive: Migrant children kept from enrolling in school Updated: May-02-16 12:22 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Candelario Jimon Alonzo came to the U.S. dreaming of becoming something more than what seemed possible along the rutted roads of his hometown in Guatemala's highlands. This was his chance: He could earn a U.S. high school education and eventually become a teacher.
- Clarksville man arrested in teen sex trafficking case Updated: May-01-16 6:18 pm
CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee - Police have charged a Clarksville man with trafficking an underage girl for sex.
- 5 wounded at party shooting in Murfreesboro Updated: May-01-16 5:50 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Police in Murfreesboro are investigating a shooting at a party that left five people wounded, one seriously.
- Storms may bring strong winds, hail to eastern Arkansas Updated: May-01-16 5:12 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Forecasters say severe weather is possible in portions of eastern Arkansas.
- Bradley County inmate dies following jail fight Updated: May-01-16 4:34 pm
CLEVELAND, Tennessee - Authorities in east Tennessee say a jail inmate has died following a fight.
- Tennessee Tech faculty address concerns about administration Updated: May-01-16 12:55 pm
COOKEVILLE, Tennessee - Professors at Tennessee Tech University have published an open letter to address their concerns about the administration after a survey was conducted that a faculty group official said expressed "widespread dissatisfaction."
- Students' unearth missing voices in WWII-era Collierville Updated: May-01-16 11:32 am
COLLIERVILLE, Tennessee - Like every small town in America, Collierville sent young men off to World War II and collected scrap tin. But its people, including African-Americans - whose lives are missing from newspaper accounts of the early 1940s - sacrificed in ways now almost lost to history.
- Titans pick receiver, cornerback, guard on draft's final day Updated: Apr-30-16 8:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - New Tennessee general manager Jon Robinson has shown he's a bit of a gambler, making four trades - three during the NFL draft - to revamp the Titans' roster.
- The Mountain Press in Sevierville appoints new editor Updated: Apr-30-16 5:03 pm
SEVIERVILLE, Tennessee - Rhonda Bletner is the new editor of The Mountain Press.
- Teacher Scott Wietecha wins 4th straight Nashville marathon Updated: Apr-30-16 4:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Scott Wietecha won his fourth straight St. Jude Rock 'n' Roll Nashville Marathon on Saturday with a time of 2 hours, 25 minutes, 42 seconds.
- Ex-TVA manager says he passed nuclear information to China Updated: Apr-30-16 3:40 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A former senior manager with the Tennessee Valley Authority passed information to a state-controlled Chinese nuclear energy company that helped it build reactors there, according to court records.
- FBI raises reward in Nashville cold case to $50,000 Updated: Apr-30-16 3:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The FBI has doubled the reward for information leading an arrest in the disappearance of a Nashville girl 13 years ago.
- Episcopal priest who helped church through split to leave Updated: Apr-30-16 2:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Rev. Jerry Smith, who helped St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church heal after a congregational split about a dozen years ago, is leaving the parish for a new post in Florida.
- Florida woman accused of stealing from summer food program Updated: Apr-30-16 11:42 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A Florida woman is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from a summer feeding program for low-income children.
- Beyonce concert in Nashville for Thursday is rescheduled Updated: Apr-29-16 6:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Beyonce's concert in Nashville, which had been scheduled for Thursday, is being rescheduled.
- Regulators close small Tennessee bank Updated: Apr-29-16 6:49 pm
NEW YORK - Regulators are closing a small Tennessee bank, marking the second failure of a federally insured bank this year.
- Cleveland Browns owner loses round in deposition fight Updated: Apr-29-16 4:50 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is a step closer to having to answer questions about fraud at the truck stop chain where he is president and CEO.