- Former commissioner accused of stealing $100,000 from church Updated: Feb-11-16 6:22 pm
CLINTON, Tennessee - A former Anderson County commissioner and retired Anderson County teacher is accused of stealing from $100,000 from his church.
- Standoff over guns at Tennessee legislative office complex Updated: Feb-11-16 5:55 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - If it's up to the Republican speakers of the state House and Senate, the more than half-million Tennesseans with handgun carry permits will soon be able to be armed inside the legislative office complex.
- School voucher bill stalls in House amid flagging support Updated: Feb-11-16 5:42 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposal to create a school voucher program stalled in the House on Thursday despite efforts to drum up support among wary rural lawmakers by limiting the areas of Tennessee where parents could receive state money to pay for private school tuition.
- Hospital says stolen laptop contained patient ID information Updated: Feb-11-16 5:25 pm
McCOOK, Nebraska - Community Hospital in McCook has told nearly 4,200 former patients that their identity information was contained on a laptop computer that was stolen in December.
- Change would allow handguns at Tennessee legislative complex Updated: Feb-11-16 4:39 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The leaders of the Tennessee House and Senate are moving to end a total gun ban at the legislative office complex.
- Court makes it easier to arrest, convict drunk drivers Updated: Feb-11-16 3:29 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Supreme Court has ruled on two separate cases that could make it easier for people who are driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol to be arrested and convicted.
- No charges filed against Tennessee officers who killed man Updated: Feb-11-16 1:32 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The district attorney's office will not file charges against six Tennessee police officers who fatally shot a black man after authorities say he threatened a child and an officer.
- Change would allow handguns at Tennessee legislative complex Updated: Feb-11-16 11:09 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The leaders of the state House and Senate are moving to end a total gun ban at the legislative office complex.
- Bill Clinton to speak at Memphis early voting rally Updated: Feb-11-16 8:43 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Former President Bill Clinton is scheduled to speak at an early voting organizing event in Memphis to rally supporters of his wife, Hillary Clinton, in the Tennessee primary.
- Bristol, Kingsport reclaim liquor-by-the-drink tax revenues Updated: Feb-11-16 6:44 am
BRISTOL, Tennessee - A chancellor has dismissed a lawsuit in which Sullivan County and the Sullivan County Board of Education sought about $2 million in liquor-by-the-drink tax revenues from Bristol and Kingsport.
- Nashville State, Freed-Hardeman offering joint enrollment Updated: Feb-11-16 4:05 am
DICKSON, Tennessee - Freed-Hardeman University and Nashville State Community College have agreed to offer joint enrollment that will provide a seamless pathway for community college students to complete a bachelor's degree.
- Vanderbilt routs Missouri 86-71 for 2nd win in 3 games Updated: Feb-11-16 12:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt took care of business against a struggling Missouri team at home where the Commodores have been pretty good this season.
- Nishikori opens Memphis title defense with win Updated: Feb-10-16 11:32 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Top-seeded Kei Nishikori opened his bid for a fourth straight Memphis Open title with a 6-2, 7-5 victory over American Ryan Harrison on Wednesday night.
- Tennessee State rolls to 85-55 win over Tennessee Tech Updated: Feb-10-16 11:22 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Keron Deshields scored 15 points as Tennessee State rolled to an 85-55 win over Tennessee Tech on Wednesday night.
- Belmont beats Jacksonville St. 81-73, takes sole lead in OVC Updated: Feb-10-16 10:54 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Evan Bradds had 18 points on Wednesday night and Belmont took sole possession of first place in the conference after holding off Jacksonville State 81-73.
- Man arrested after troopers find 200 pounds of marijuana Updated: Feb-10-16 9:35 pm
ST. MARTINVILLE, Louisiana - A Tennessee man is in custody after troopers seized about 202 pounds of marijuana from his truck.
- Lady Vols look to end road woes, keep Top 25 streak alive Updated: Feb-10-16 6:34 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee needs to end more than a month's worth of road frustration or risk falling out of the Top 25 for the first time in three decades.
- Jack Daniel's Distillery announces $140 million expansion Updated: Feb-10-16 5:53 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The historic Jack Daniel's Distillery is planning a $140 million expansion project to help meet global demand for prized Tennessee Whiskey.
- Police: 2 wounded, officer hurt in shooting in Tennessee Updated: Feb-10-16 4:58 pm
RIPLEY, Tennessee - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is looking into a shooting-incident in Ripley, where two people were wounded by police and an officer was injured.
- Man gets life in prison in 2012 Jackson shooting death Updated: Feb-10-16 11:52 am
JACKSON, Tennessee - A man has been sentenced to life in prison in a 2012 shooting death outside of a Jackson home.
- More than 300 children enrolled by DHS in literacy program Updated: Feb-10-16 10:27 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Department of Human Services says it has enrolled more than 300 Tennessee children in a program that aims to improve child literacy.
- Officials warn of counterfeit drugs laced with deadly doses Updated: Feb-10-16 4:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State health and safety officials are warning that drug dealers are selling counterfeit pain medicines on the street that contain what could be deadly doses of a drug used often to treat cancer pain.
- Early voting kicks off for Tennessee presidential primary Updated: Feb-10-16 4:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Voters are going to the polls Wednesday in the first day of early voting to make their choices in Tennessee's March 1 presidential primary.
- Police: Drug dealer's attempt to intimidate officer fails Updated: Feb-10-16 4:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville police say a suspected drug dealer's attempt to intimidate two Gang Unit detectives, by firing his gun repeatedly in the air, has landed the man in Jail.
- Johansson has goal, 2 assists as Caps beat Predators 5-3 Updated: Feb-10-16 1:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A return to Nashville for Washington Capitals coach Barry Trotz was nice, but winning was even better.