- Fire crew deploys technology to learn from California blaze Updated: Aug-28-15 5:10 pm
FRESNO, California - A special fire crew has deployed cameras, heat sensors and wind gauges to study the behavior of a massive California wildfire.
- Former Fresno police officer charged with pimping girlfriend Updated: Aug-28-15 10:14 am
FRESNO, California - A former Fresno police officer has been charged with pimping out his girlfriend to an undercover detective.
- Fresno State suspends Lazarus, Moliga for opener Updated: Aug-27-15 10:03 pm
FRESNO, California - Fresno State has suspended linebacker Michael Lazarus and running back Chris Moliga for its Sept. 3 opener against Abilene Christian because of violations of athletic department policy.
- Californians cut water without state imposing fines Updated: Aug-27-15 7:49 pm
FRESNO, California - For the second straight month, Californians exceeded hefty water conservation mandates during the relentless drought without the state imposing fines, officials said Thursday.
- Event to offer some Fresno drivers free emissions testing Updated: Aug-27-15 9:17 am
FRESNO, California - Certain drivers in Fresno will be able to get free vehicle emissions testing through a partnership between a regional pollution control agency and nonprofit clean air advocacy group.
- Pascagoula man pleads guilty in tennis balls of meth case Updated: Aug-27-15 8:31 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A third man has pleaded guilty to charges related to the transporting meth in tennis balls from Fresno, California, to Jackson County.
- Judge denies attempt to block extra water for Klamath salmon Updated: Aug-26-15 8:35 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A federal judge has denied a request by agricultural water providers in California's Central Valley to block emergency water releases to protect Klamath River salmon from the drought.
- Fresno State names Zack Greenlee starting QB Updated: Aug-26-15 4:51 pm
FRESNO, California - Sophomore Zack Greenlee will be the starting quarterback for Fresno State this season.
- Search for hiker near California wildfire intensified Updated: Aug-26-15 10:14 am
FRESNO, California - Search crews have stepped up efforts to find a 62-year-old hiker who went missing near a Central California wildfire.
- 190 poison oak cases treated during California firefight Updated: Aug-25-15 11:43 pm
SANTA MARGARITA, California - Nearly 200 firefighters have been treated for allergic reactions to poison oak while battling a stubborn blaze that has charred more than 5 square miles of dry brush on California's Central Coast, a fire official said Tuesday.
- Suspect evades California deputies, crashes car, dies Updated: Aug-25-15 10:31 am
FRESNO, California - Authorities say a motorist who was fleeing police following a domestic violence call crashed his car and later died.
- Police work to identify body found on national forest land Updated: Aug-25-15 8:43 am
FRESNO, California - Investigators are working to determine whether a body recovered in the Sierra National Forest is that of a missing 81-year-old woman.
- Remains of missing 81-year-old California woman found Updated: Aug-24-15 5:53 pm
FRESNO, California - Authorities say they've found skeletal remains believed to be those of an 81-year-old Fresno woman missing for a month.
- School bus and car collide in Fresno; minor injuries Updated: Aug-20-15 12:58 pm
FRESNO, California - Authorities say a dozen children complained of head pain following a school bus collision in Fresno.
- Fresno judge disciplined for helping spousal abuse suspect Updated: Aug-18-15 10:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Fresno County judge who helped a smoking buddy charged with spousal abuse get out of jail free was given a severe public censure Tuesday for judicial misconduct.
- Blaze prompts evacuations of 1,000 people in Fresno County Updated: Aug-18-15 6:49 pm
FRESNO, California - Authorities in Fresno County have ordered mandatory evacuations in the Hume Lake area that will affect about 1,000 people after a wildfire crossed over a highway.
- Police say teen who attended rave may have died of overdose Updated: Aug-18-15 8:55 am
FRESNO, California - Police are trying to track down the possible source of a drug that may have led to the death of a 15-year-old girl after she went to a rave in Fresno.
- Q&A: Drought-weary California hopes El Nino means wet winter Updated: Aug-14-15 10:13 pm
FRESNO, California - Chances are strong that a record-setting El Nino is headed toward California this winter. What is unknown is how it will play out for the state beset by four years of drought that fallowed farm fields, turned lawns brown and dried up streams and wells.
- Drought forces trout to be trucked from California hatchery Updated: Aug-13-15 6:31 pm
FRESNO, California - Tons of rainbow trout had to be rescued from a Central California fish hatchery and moved by truck to cooler lake water, sparing them from the state's relentless drought, wildlife officials said Wednesday.
- Feds say California DMV employees traded cash for licenses Updated: Aug-12-15 3:25 am
SACRAMENTO, California - As many as 100 commercial truck drivers paid up to $5,000 each to bribe state Department of Motor Vehicles employees for illegal California licenses, federal authorities said.
- Sheriff: Officer kills man in California who pulled fake gun Updated: Aug-07-15 9:32 pm
FRESNO, California - Authorities say a Central California police officer has shot and killed a man who pulled a gun that was later found to be fake.
- Murder warrant issued after body found in California canal Updated: Aug-06-15 6:27 pm
FRESNO, California - Investigators say they've obtained a warrant for the arrest a man suspected of killing a woman pulled from the California Aqueduct in Fresno County.
- Pregnant Central California woman shot in case of road rage Updated: Aug-04-15 2:22 pm
FRESNO, California - Authorities say a pregnant woman in Central California is in critical condition after being shot in the head during a case of road rage.