- Iran to boycott Frankfurt Book Fair over Rushdie appearance Updated: Oct-08-15 4:37 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran is boycotting this year's Frankfurt Book Fair in protest over a planned opening speech at the venue by India-born British novelist Salman Rushdie.
- 'Gladbach beats Wolfsburg 2-0 to cap Bundesliga turnaround Updated: Oct-03-15 12:39 pm
BERLIN - Borussia Moenchengladbach defeated Bundesliga runner-up Wolfsburg 2-0 at home Saturday to cap a remarkable turnaround after its dismal start to the season.
- Selfie triumph: Photo earns woman free flight to Germany Updated: Oct-02-15 10:56 am
TAMPA, Florida - A flight to Frankfurt, Germany, will be the first ever for a Hillsborough County woman who was awarded two round-trip tickets after winning a selfie contest sponsored by Tampa International Airport.
- Will Volkswagen scandal tarnish 'Made in Germany' image? Updated: Sep-24-15 4:54 pm
BERLIN - The "Made in Germany" label has stood for precision and reliability for decades, but since Volkswagen admitted to cheating on U.S. car emissions tests, many are questioning whether the automaker's problems could taint the rest of the country.
- German computer system spreads burden of refugee crisis Updated: Sep-17-15 1:24 pm
NEU-ISENBURG, Germany - Refugees from Syria and Eritrea lounge on hundreds of cots spread across the concrete floor of a former newspaper printing plant. A few green screens provide basic privacy, and a place to hang washing.
- Five highlights from the Frankfurt auto show Updated: Sep-17-15 4:50 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Car sales are growing in Europe and the U.S. and automakers are responding with something for every driver class at the Frankfurt auto show.
- Tech disruption hangs over automakers at Frankfurt show Updated: Sep-16-15 12:11 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - A sense of impending disruption hangs over all the shiny new cars at this year's edition of the Frankfurt International Motor Show.
- Luxury automakers roll out powerful SUVs at Frankfurt show Updated: Sep-16-15 10:41 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Does anyone really need a sport-utility vehicle so fast it can hit speeds close to those seen in Formula One races? Luxury automaker Bentley is betting that some well-heeled customers will feel that they do.
- BMW boss doing well again after auto show collapse Updated: Sep-16-15 3:29 am
BERLIN - BMW CEO Harald Krueger says he's doing fine, a day after he collapsed during a news conference at the Frankfurt auto show.
- Amid China woes, European carmakers look to home market Updated: Sep-15-15 2:02 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - European automakers are shrugging off the threat to sales from China's struggling economy and focusing instead on growing demand in their home market, where competition is getting increasingly fierce, particularly for mass market cars.
- Toyota launches hydrogen-fueled sedan Updated: Sep-15-15 7:59 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Toyota is taking the next step in its quest for carbon-free travel with the launch of the Mirai hydrogen-fueled sedan.
- What to look out for at the Frankfurt auto show Updated: Sep-13-15 5:28 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - New small cars for the mass market from Opel and Renault and powerful, expensive SUVs from Jaguar and Bentley for the upper crust are among the top offerings on display this week at the Frankfurt International Motor Show.
- Germany orders United Airlines flight back over bomb threat Updated: Sep-11-15 4:05 pm
BERLIN - A United Airlines flight to San Francisco was ordered back shortly after takeoff from Frankfurt airport Friday because of a bomb threat, German authorities said.