- Germany, Turkey vow diplomatic effort to end Aleppo violence Updated: Feb-08-16 4:06 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - As tens of thousands of Syrians fleeing violence massed at Turkey's border, Turkish and German leaders pledged Monday to redouble diplomatic efforts to end the fighting around the embattled Syrian city of Aleppo and prevent more refugees making their way into Europe.
- The Latest: Greece: Stop migrants in Turkish waters Updated: Feb-08-16 3:06 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The Latest on the influx of migrants into Europe (all times local):
- Erdogan: US should choose between Turkey, Kurdish forces Updated: Feb-08-16 12:38 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's president lashed out at the United States a week after President Barack Obama's envoy visited a northern Syrian town that is under the control of Syrian Kurdish forces, which Ankara considers terrorists.
- Turkish prosecutor seeks life term for 2 jailed journalists Updated: Jan-27-16 9:18 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish prosecutors are seeking life prison terms for two prominent journalists who have been jailed on terror and espionage charges for their reports on alleged government arms smuggling to Syrian rebels, their newspaper said Wednesday amid growing concern for media freedom in Turkey.
- UN envoy lowers expectations ahead of Syria talks on Friday Updated: Jan-25-16 3:43 pm
GENEVA - Lowering expectations about his ability to help end Syria's civil war, the U.N. special envoy announced talks between government and opposition representatives will start on Friday to embark on a six-month process that he hopes will include civil society and women's groups.
- Report: Turkish police arrest 10 suspected IS recruiters Updated: Jan-25-16 2:53 am
ANKARA, Turkey - A Turkish news agency says police in Ankara have rounded up at least 10 people suspected of being recruiters for the Islamic State group.
- Blast at Turkish school injures 5 students Updated: Jan-22-16 8:01 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Suspected Kurdish militants hurled a hand-made explosive device at a middle school in the mainly Kurdish city of Diyarbakir on Friday, injuring five students, officials said.
- PM says Turkish artillery hit IS positions in Iraq, Syria Updated: Jan-14-16 4:50 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish tanks and artillery attacked the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria in retaliation for the suicide bombing in Istanbul that killed 10 tourists, Turkey's prime minister said Thursday - the country's first significant strike against the Islamic extremists in months.
- Report: Turkey detains 3 Russians in raid aimed at ISIS Updated: Jan-13-16 3:05 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run news agency says police in the Mediterranean city of Antalya have detained three Russian nationals in a raid on suspected Islamic State militants.
- 10 dead, 15 wounded in Istanbul tourist district explosion Updated: Jan-12-16 10:52 am
ISTANBUL - A suicide bomber affiliated with the Islamic State group detonated a bomb in a historic district of Istanbul popular with tourists Tuesday morning, killing at least 10 people - nine of them German tourists - and wounding 15 others, Turkish officials said.