- Turkey upset over images of US soldiers with Kurdish symbols Updated: May-27-16 11:30 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey on Friday lashed out at the United States after images surfaced apparently showing U.S. soldiers in Syria wearing the insignia of a Kurdish group opposed by Ankara.
- EU chief says Turkey should meet visa terms, ignores threats Updated: May-26-16 4:06 am
BRUSSELS - European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker says the EU expects Turkey to respect all conditions to secure visa-free travel for its citizens and has rejected what he called threats from Ankara.
- EU, Germany: Ball in Turkey's court on visa waiver issue Updated: May-12-16 2:22 pm
BERLIN - Turkey and the European Union faced off Thursday over a proposed deal to let Turks travel to Europe without visas - a crucial carrot the bloc has been dangling in order to get Turkey to halt the torrent of migrants flowing from its shores to EU member Greece.
- Turkey's Erdogan decries execution of Bangladeshi Islamist Updated: May-12-16 6:19 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's president strongly condemned the execution of an Islamist party leader in Bangladesh.
- Report: Turkey attacks IS in Syria; 55 militants killed Updated: May-08-16 6:55 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish artillery has fired at the Islamic State group across the border in Syria, killing 55 militants and destroying three rocket launchers and three vehicles, the state-run Anadolu Agency reported on Sunday.
- Turkey: 2 more detained over attack on opposition editor Updated: May-07-16 6:50 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run news agency says authorities have detained two people linked to a gunman who attacked a leading journalist outside a courthouse hours before he was sentenced to more than five years in prison for his reports.