- Residents of Kentucky city petition to move Halloween Updated: Oct-06-15 8:23 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Hundreds of Lexington, Kentucky, residents have urged county officials to move Halloween trick-or-treating to Oct. 30 this year.
- Lexington Hunger Walk raises awareness along with money Updated: Oct-03-15 8:26 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Alice Rogers was getting her blood pressure checked at her doctor's office when the nurse's assistant asked her where she worked.
- Prison worker accused of taking bribes to provide tobacco Updated: Oct-03-15 7:05 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A prison employee is Lexington is accused of taking more than $22,000 in bribes to smuggle tobacco to inmates.
- Coal group to webcast Kentucky candidate presentations Updated: Oct-02-15 4:01 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The Kentucky Coal Association says it will webcast presentations by Democratic and Republican nominees for governor and attorney general during the group's annual meeting next week in Lexington.
- Comer greeted at hemp meeting, plans return to private life Updated: Sep-28-15 5:40 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Agriculture Commissioner James Comer said Monday he plans to "ride off into the sunset" when his term ends in December after an agonizing defeat in May's Republican primary for governor by just 83 votes.
- College wins grant for work on preventing military injuries Updated: Sep-28-15 1:35 pm
University of Kentucky researchers secured a $4.2 million grant Monday to look for ways to prevent training injuries among elite U.S. military members. It's part of a new campus initiative to reduce injuries from athletic fields to military training fields.
- Fayette County schools facing discrimination investigation Updated: Sep-26-15 12:44 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Officials say the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is leading an investigation into whether black Fayette County Public Schools employees are victims of discrimination.
- Lexington-based company raises $50 million in investments Updated: Sep-25-15 4:01 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Lexington-based recycling company raised $50 million in its latest round of financing that included investments from Uber executives and actor Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Woman creates interactive map to help young, single mothers Updated: Sep-19-15 1:09 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - First off, University of Kentucky senior Laura Greenfield credits her Tates Creek High School's International Baccalaureate program, which gave her so many college credits that she could explore many majors at UK before deciding.
- Mine rescue teams from around US competing in Kentucky Updated: Sep-16-15 4:01 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Mine rescue teams from 12 states are in Kentucky for a competition that helps train first responders in deadly situations underground.
- Religious clerks in Kentucky follow law, but see conflict Updated: Sep-15-15 5:19 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Clerk Mike Johnston prays twice a day, once each morning and once each night, and asks the Lord to understand the decision he made to license same-sex marriage.
- Training sessions focus on domestic violence cases Updated: Sep-14-15 5:01 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Two regional training sessions for Kentucky law enforcement will focus on issues involving fatalities in domestic violence and sexual assault cases.
- Kentucky editorial roundup Updated: Sep-09-15 4:38 pm
Recent editorials from Kentucky newspaper: