- Records show illegal contributions went to Beshear, Conway Updated: May-04-16 1:17 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Newly released court documents show that former Personnel Cabinet Secretary Tim Longmeyer, who pleaded guilty to a federal bribery charge, arranged for illegal campaign donations to Andy Beshear, who was elected attorney general, and Jack Conway, who lost his bid to become governor.
- Lexington officials report large decline in homelessness Updated: May-03-16 1:30 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The number of homeless people in Lexington has declined substantially recently, thanks to recent community investments in affordable housing and homeless prevention programs, city officials said.
- Lawsuit: Harlan hospital pharmacy illegally dispensed drugs Updated: May-03-16 8:41 am
HARLAN, Kentucky - The federal government has filed a lawsuit accusing a hospital pharmacy in Harlan County of filling fraudulent prescriptions that a doctor wrote for other hospital employees.
- 1 killed after car collides with Lexington fire engine Updated: May-03-16 6:53 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A man has been killed in a crash involving a Lexington fire engine.
- Sanders plans 2nd event during visit to Kentucky Updated: May-03-16 5:22 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has added a second stop during his visit to Kentucky in advance of the state's May 17 primary election, with a rally now planned for Lexington on Wednesday.
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Hillary Clinton in Kentucky Updated: May-01-16 4:39 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Former President Bill Clinton is heading to Kentucky this week to campaign for his wife, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
- Winners announced in 2016 KAPB contest Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Winners of the Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 30 in Louisville. The KAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The KAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Former Kentucky guard Ed Davender dies at 49 Updated: Apr-30-16 11:51 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Former Kentucky guard Ed Davender, the only Wildcat with at least 1,500 points and 400 assists, has died. He was 49.
- Chelsea Clinton heads to Kentucky to open campaign office Updated: Apr-28-16 5:18 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has plans to visit Kentucky this week.
- Bevin revamps Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Updated: Apr-27-16 6:05 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Gov. Matt Bevin revamped the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on Wednesday with 11 new members and one holdover, reshaping a group overseeing a signature state industry.
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Updated: Apr-25-16 7:23 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky freshman forward Batouly Camara has been granted a request to transfer, making her the sixth Wildcat to leave since last fall.
- Gray runs first TV ad of his Senate campaign Updated: Apr-22-16 3:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democratic Senate hopeful Jim Gray, whose hefty loan put his campaign on even financial footing with Republican Sen. Rand Paul, has dipped into his account for his first big ad buy.
- Student stabbed at Lexington high school Updated: Apr-21-16 1:39 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Officials say a central Kentucky high school student has been injured in a stabbing.
- Officials warn of schemes targeting college loan recipients Updated: Apr-18-16 3:55 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Officials are warning Kentucky college students about schemes seeking a large fee and personal information to provide student loan debt relief services.
- Collected wins Lexington Stakes at Keeneland Updated: Apr-16-16 9:12 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Bob Baffert-trained Collected won the $150,000 Lexington Stakes for 3-year-olds Saturday at Keeneland, beating One More Round by four lengths.
- Tuition, new driver's licenses on legislature's final day Updated: Apr-15-16 10:27 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's high school graduates got free community college tuition and its drivers got new licenses on the last day of a tumultuous legislative session before a fall election season that could reshape the state's political power.
- The Latest: Kentucky House approves 2-year spending plan Updated: Apr-15-16 10:07 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Latest on the final day of the 2016 Kentucky General Assembly session (all times local):
- Kentucky jury awards $5.3M in UPS discrimination lawsuit Updated: Apr-14-16 5:27 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Eight black men won a $5.3 million jury award Thursday in a lawsuit over claims that they endured a hostile work environment at UPS in Lexington, Kentucky, and that an effigy of a black UPS driver was hung from a ceiling.
- New Yorker cartoonist Hamilton killed in Kentucky accident Updated: Apr-11-16 12:55 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Cartoonist William Hamilton, whose work for The New Yorker magazine satirized the wealthy, has died in a car accident in Kentucky. He was 76.
- Shooting near University of Kentucky campus leaves 1 dead Updated: Apr-10-16 5:43 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Authorities say a weekend shooting left one man dead near the University of Kentucky campus.
- Frank Lloyd Wright leaves mark in Kentucky Updated: Apr-09-16 12:49 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright took a taxi from a luncheon in his honor at the Pendennis Club to visit the Jefferson County Courthouse at Sixth and Jefferson streets during a trip to Louisville in May 1948 to speak at the University of Louisville.
- Country Boy beer can honors Haggard with memorial date stamp Updated: Apr-08-16 9:50 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The warehouse crew at Country Boy Brewing is honoring country music legend Merle Haggard with a stamp on the bottom of its cans this week.
- Kentucky point guard Tyler Ulis says he'll enter NBA draft Updated: Apr-06-16 4:23 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The exodus of Kentucky players heading to the NBA continued on Wednesday with point guard Tyler Ulis becoming the third Wildcat in the past week to announce his intention to turn pro.
- 18-year-old charged with arson of vacant Lexington home Updated: Apr-04-16 10:20 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - An 18-year-old Lexington man has been charged with second-degree arson after police say he admitted to entering a vacant home and causing the fire.