- Horse Park Commission selects new executive director Updated: May-26-16 4:02 pm
The newly revamped Kentucky Horse Park Commission has hired a new executive director for the popular tourist attraction that has drawn scrutiny from some state lawmakers.
- Lexington, surrounding counties facing water rate increase Updated: May-25-16 4:14 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Public Service Commission is holding a public meeting on a request to increase water utility bills for more than 100,000 customers in and around Lexington.
- Fire school in Lexington to attract hundreds of firefighters Updated: May-24-16 5:08 am
VERSAILLES, Kentucky - Hundreds of firefighters from Kentucky and other states will be in Lexington next week for a training conference.
- Extras sought for film about FBI informant slain in Kentucky Updated: May-23-16 4:13 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A film about an FBI agent who pleaded guilty in Kentucky to strangling an informant in 1989 is scheduled to begin shooting this week in Lexington.
- Man charged with murder in girlfriend's death Updated: May-21-16 10:12 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Lexington police have arrested a man and charged him with murder in his girlfriend's death.
- Wozniak, Mulally to receive awards at conference in Ky. Updated: May-19-16 1:14 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak and former Ford Motor Co. top executive Alan Mulally will receive awards at a conference in Kentucky later this month.
- Democrat Gray takes on Sen. Paul, casts himself as outsider Updated: May-18-16 3:51 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Jim Gray came out swinging in his uphill fight against Republican Sen. Rand Paul, aiming to land some early shots to undermine the incumbent's advantages in GOP-trending Kentucky.
- The Latest: Clinton declares victory in Kentucky primary Updated: May-17-16 11:09 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on the Kentucky primary election in which voters are casting ballots on a slate of local, state and federal races including the Democratic presidential primary (all times local):
- Calipari plans to coach Kentucky 'the rest of my career' Updated: May-16-16 12:33 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - John Calipari plans to coach Kentucky for the rest of his career and to ensure the men's basketball program remains the "gold standard" of college athletics.
- Lexington Council approves $25K loan for management district Updated: May-16-16 6:19 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A new management district that its backers hope will make downtown Lexington cleaner and safer is getting a jump start thanks to a $25,000 loan from the city of Lexington.
- Hillary Clinton plans Lexington stop Updated: May-16-16 12:45 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is making another stop in Kentucky before the state's primary election.
- Alcohol license of Lexington strip club revoked Updated: May-15-16 2:35 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Alcohol control officials have revoked the liquor license of a Lexington strip club where two fatal shootings have occurred since November.
- Lexington council approves $2.6M for police body cameras Updated: May-13-16 5:04 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The Lexington Urban County Council has approved a $2.6 million, five-year contract for body cameras for Lexington police.
- Democrats facing tough odds in Kentucky Senate race Updated: May-10-16 1:58 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - With Democrats' dominance in state politics long vanished, the party is looking to rebound from two straight lopsided defeats, but they're confronted with another daunting task: toppling incumbent Republican U.S. Sen. Rand Paul.
- Democrats criticize influence of money in politics Updated: May-09-16 11:26 pm
Denouncing big money influences on politics, several underfunded Democratic U.S. Senate candidates piled on Lexington Mayor Jim Gray on Monday night for tapping his personal wealth to help finance his run for the seat held by Republican Sen. Rand Paul.
- Fayette Co. Schools hires full-time homeless coordinator Updated: May-09-16 5:45 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Fayette County Schools will hire a full-time staffer to assist the district's nearly 800 homeless students.
- Derby winner Nyquist heads to Preakness; new rivals await Updated: May-08-16 5:38 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist heads to Baltimore on Monday to prepare for the Preakness, where the undefeated colt could face up to 13 rivals including nine new shooters seeking to derail his Triple Crown bid.
- Construction worker dies in trench collapse Updated: May-04-16 2:16 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A construction worker has died after a trench collapsed alongside a road in Lexington, burying him under dirt and gravel.
- Lexington officials report large decline in homelessness Updated: May-03-16 1:30 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The number of homeless people in Lexington has declined substantially recently, thanks to recent community investments in affordable housing and homeless prevention programs, city officials said.
- Lawsuit: Harlan hospital pharmacy illegally dispensed drugs Updated: May-03-16 8:41 am
HARLAN, Kentucky - The federal government has filed a lawsuit accusing a hospital pharmacy in Harlan County of filling fraudulent prescriptions that a doctor wrote for other hospital employees.
- 1 killed after car collides with Lexington fire engine Updated: May-03-16 6:53 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A man has been killed in a crash involving a Lexington fire engine.
- Sanders plans 2nd event during visit to Kentucky Updated: May-03-16 5:22 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has added a second stop during his visit to Kentucky in advance of the state's May 17 primary election, with a rally now planned for Lexington on Wednesday.
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Hillary Clinton in Kentucky Updated: May-01-16 4:39 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Former President Bill Clinton is heading to Kentucky this week to campaign for his wife, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
- Winners announced in 2016 KAPB contest Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Winners of the Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 30 in Louisville. The KAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The KAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Former Kentucky guard Ed Davender dies at 49 Updated: Apr-30-16 11:51 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Former Kentucky guard Ed Davender, the only Wildcat with at least 1,500 points and 400 assists, has died. He was 49.