- McLean County schools pay fines for raises before retirement Updated: May-31-15 3:11 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - McLean County schools have paid nearly $400,000 in financial penalties for giving educators big raises as they near retirement.
- 2 Central Illinois colleges readying for smoking ban Updated: May-31-15 5:04 am
NORMAL, Illinois - Two central Illinois schools are getting ready for a new state law that prohibits smoking on public college campuses starting July 1.
- Illinois State University trustees raise tuition, fees Updated: May-30-15 2:04 pm
NORMAL, Illinois - Illinois State University trustees have approved a 1.6 percent increase in tuition and fees in response to expected cuts in state funding.
- Endangered snow leopards born at Bloomington zoo Updated: May-30-15 4:06 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - With fewer than 7,000 snow leopards living in the wild, the birth of two cubs at Miller Park Zoo is a big deal.
- Coroner: Bloomington mechanic's elevator death an accident Updated: May-28-15 10:23 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - McLean County officials say an inspection found no malfunctions in an elevator involved in a deadly accident earlier this week.
- New law means Uber can operate in Bloomington, Normal Updated: May-27-15 7:50 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - The Bloomington City Council has approved a new law that makes it legal for Uber and other ride-hailing services to operate in Bloomington and Normal.
- McLean County maintenance worker dies in elevator accident Updated: May-26-15 4:17 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - Authorities say a maintenance mechanic has died in a central Illinois elevator accident.
- $33M renovations planned at Illinois State's student center Updated: May-26-15 5:16 am
NORMAL, Illinois - Illinois State University plans a nearly $33 million renovation of the campus' Bone Student Center.
- Drop in enrollment costs Illinois Wesleyan $1.5 million Updated: May-16-15 3:29 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - A smaller-than-expected incoming class has left Illinois Wesleyan University with a $1.5 million revenue gap.
- Bloomington's Miller Park Zoo welcomes 2 new harbor seals Updated: May-15-15 4:39 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - The lone seal at Bloomington's Miller Park Zoo now has company.
- IHSA, Special Olympics team up for fishing tournament Updated: May-14-15 6:15 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - Athletes from Illinois high schools and the Special Olympics are teaming up for a fishing tournament.
- Illinois Wesleyan names Wagner athletic director Updated: May-07-15 4:49 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - Illinois Wesleyan University has appointed Mike Wagner to be its athletic director.
- EXCHANGE: Official gives homeless man job, second chance Updated: May-06-15 6:28 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - McLean County Board member Victoria Harris was looking for an opportunity to make a difference when she attended a recent McLean County Drug Court graduation.