- ISU president calls for end to budget turmoil in Springfield Updated: Oct-09-15 9:09 am
NORMAL, Illinois - Illinois State University is feeling the effects of the lack of a state budget but the school remains "strong and stable," president Larry Dietz said during his annual State of the University address.
- Central Illinois brothers get decades for armed robbery Updated: Oct-02-15 4:05 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - Two central Illinois brothers in their teens have been sentenced to decades in prison for an armed robbery during which they shot and injured two men.
- Bloomington weighing water concerns raised by pipeline Updated: Sep-30-15 12:38 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - City staff in Bloomington plan to review concerns raised by an Illinois State University professor about the effect a new oil pipeline might have on the city's water.
- EXCHANGE: Interim rabbi connects congregation, community Updated: Sep-22-15 6:33 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - When Moses Montefiore Temple in Bloomington was in need of some guidance, Rabbi Rebecca L. Dubowe traveled from Los Angeles to help.
- Murder charges dropped against mother in child's death Updated: Sep-19-15 4:01 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - A judge has dismissed murder charges against a central Illinois woman accused of failing to take her critically ill child to a doctor after he was repeatedly beaten by her former boyfriend.
- Judge sets pipeline easements, denies landowners jury trial Updated: Sep-18-15 12:52 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - A half-dozen landowners with property in the path of a planned oil pipeline will receive up to $30,000 each for easements, under a judge's decision. But they're not happy with that.
- Provost at Minn. school named Illinois Wesleyan president Updated: Sep-14-15 1:26 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - The provost of a university in Minnesota has been named the new president of Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington.
- EXCHANGE: 16-year-old girl in classes, researching at ISU Updated: Sep-14-15 11:10 am
NORMAL, Illinois - Annabelle Shaffer turned 16 last month and got her driver's license a few weeks later. That will make it easier to go to after-school activities at Illinois State University, where she has been taking classes since she was 14.
- Illinois State unveils memorial to plane crash victims Updated: Sep-14-15 4:05 am
NORMAL, Illinois - The Illinois State Athletics Department has unveiled a memorial near an entrance to Redbird Arena to remember the seven who lost their lives in an April plane crash in central Illinois.
- Slow turnout reported in contest to replace ex-US Rep Schock Updated: Sep-10-15 4:20 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - Central Illinois county clerks are reporting very low turnout in the election to replace ex-U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock.
- Normal votes to boost sales tax for mental health services Updated: Sep-10-15 4:05 am
NORMAL, Illinois - The city council in Normal has approved a sales tax increase of 1 cent per dollar to fund mental health services.