- Southern California fire prompts mobile home evacuation Updated: Jun-02-15 1:37 am
THERMAL, California - Riverside County firefighters are starting to get a handle on an 80-acre brushfire that forced the temporary evacuation of 20 mobile homes.
- Ex-Moreno Valley councilman sentenced in $2 million sting Updated: Jun-01-15 9:47 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A former Moreno Valley city councilman was sentenced to five years in federal prison on Monday for accepting more than $2 million bribes during a sting operation but no charges will be filed in an unrelated corruption investigation involving the entire council, it was reported.
- Bouncer fired after helping girl who was assaulted Updated: May-20-15 6:17 am
RIVERSIDE, California - A bouncer at a Norco bar has been fired after he says helping a woman who had been assaulted disobeyed his boss's orders.
- State controller to audit Riverside County city of Beaumont Updated: May-20-15 3:58 am
BEAUMONT, California - The state controller says her office will investigate the finances of the city of Beaumont in Riverside County.
- No injuries after freight train derails in Riverside County Updated: May-19-15 3:20 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - Officials say nobody was hurt when a Union Pacific freight train carrying automobiles derailed in Riverside County.
- Plans for Temecula water park killed again, drought blamed Updated: May-19-15 6:14 am
TEMECULA, California - Dreams of a water park in Temecula city have again been tabled after developers failed to complete a purchase of land for the property.
- Marine killed in helicopter crash was from Riverside County Updated: May-17-15 7:08 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - Authorities say one of the six U.S. Marines aboard a helicopter that crashed during a relief mission in earthquake-hit Nepal was identified as a 30-year-old from Riverside County.
- California teen, 14, shoots and kills 9-year-old brother Updated: May-16-15 8:58 pm
PERRIS, California - Authorities say a 14-year-old boy has shot and killed his 9-year-old brother in a Southern California home.
- Lawsuit to stop construction of new freeway Updated: May-14-15 2:13 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - Environmental groups have filed a lawsuit to prevent the proposed $1.7 billion freeway that will stretch from Perris to San Jacinto from being built.
- Bird nest delays bridge construction on Route 60 Updated: May-12-15 11:46 am
RIVERSIDE, California - Birds are to blame for the latest construction delay on the Theodore Street bridge on Route 60 in Moreno Valley.
- Perris City Councilman pleads guilty to drug charge, resigns Updated: May-12-15 7:51 am
RIVERSIDE, California - Perris City Councilman Julio Rodriguez has pleaded guilty to a felony drug charge and has finally stepped down after resisting calls to resign his council seat.