- California teen cousins pull woman, girl out of crashed car Updated: May-19-16 1:30 pm
MORENO VALLEY, California - A pair of 16-year-old cousins didn't hesitate when they saw a single-car crash, rushing to pull a woman and her young child to safety after the vehicle rolled onto its side on a freeway near a Southern California mall, according to witnesses.
- 7 ex-Beaumont officials charged with $43 million corruption Updated: May-17-16 8:21 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - Seven former Beaumont officials, including the city manager, city attorney and police chief, were charged Tuesday with stealing nearly $43 million in public funds.
- Sheriff: Couple caught with carload of ID theft evidence Updated: May-17-16 10:50 am
RIVERSIDE, California - Authorities in Riverside County say a man and a woman have been caught for the second time this year with a carload of evidence suggesting mail and identity theft.
- Riverside County lake to reopen to private boats Updated: May-16-16 8:46 am
HEMET, California - Fishermen are cheering the news that a popular Riverside County reservoir will reopen to private boats more than a year after it was closed because of low water levels.
- Police: mom helped capture murder suspect in Mexico Updated: May-11-16 2:58 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A decade-long social media campaign by the vigilant mother of a fatal car-to-car shooting victim helped lead to the arrest of the remaining suspect in the 2006 killing, California authorities said Wednesday.
- The Latest: University aims to expand athlete protections Updated: May-11-16 2:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Latest on financial aid guarantees for student-athletes at the University of California (all times local):
- Body found in car trunk at San Bernardino County mall Updated: May-09-16 11:43 am
ONTARIO, California - Authorities in San Bernardino County say a body has been found in the trunk of a car parked at a mall in Ontario.
- California firefighter delivers daughter on way to hospital Updated: May-07-16 6:58 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - As a firefighter, Jeremy Roberts is used to getting quickly from Point A to Point B.
- Ex-FBI agent pleads guilty to stealing suspected drug money Updated: May-02-16 8:48 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A former FBI special agent pleaded guilty Monday to stealing more than $136,000 in suspected drug money, which led to criminal charges being dropped against more than a dozen people.
- Wildfires cause dip in new California housing units Updated: May-02-16 7:14 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The number of new housing units in California declined last year for the first time since the start of the economic recovery, due mostly to wildfires that scorched more than 2,000 homes, state officials reported Monday.
- Feds investigating Riverside County church gutted by fire Updated: May-02-16 9:31 am
HEMET, California - A fire has gutted the Community First Church of God in Riverside County.
- Power restored to 20,000 in Riverside County Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
HEMET, California - Power has been restored to 20,000 Southern California Edison customers in Riverside County but some had to wait more than eight hours.
- 3 with family ties to San Bernardino shooters arrested Updated: Apr-29-16 4:57 am
RIVERSIDE, California - The brother of the man behind the San Bernardino terror attack and two Russian sisters have been charged with marriage fraud in a case that was unrelated to the December shootings but came to light in the investigation that followed it.
- The Latest: 3 tied to terror shooter deny sham-marriage plot Updated: Apr-28-16 8:50 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - The Latest on warrants served in a marriage fraud investigation stemming from the December terror attack that killed 14 in San Bernardino (all times local):
- Watch for 'widow-makers:' fires create gaps in Pacific Crest Updated: Apr-25-16 2:09 pm
CABAZON, California - Vast wildfires have created lengthy gaps in Southern California sections of the famed Pacific Crest Trail, which hikers must bypass via shuttles or alternate routes to avoid dangerous conditions like unstable trees and loose rocks.
- Police shine helicopter spotlight to avert train crash Updated: Apr-24-16 5:21 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - Riverside authorities say a quick-thinking police helicopter crew shined its spotlight to alert a train's crew of a car on the tracks, narrowly averting a collision.