- Police: Rebels kill top counterinsurgency officer in Kashmir Updated: Oct-08-15 9:37 am
SRINAGAR, India - Suspected rebels gunned down a top police officer known for his successful counterinsurgency operations in Indian-controlled Kashmir, police said Thursday.
- Lawmakers in Kashmir punch colleague for serving beef Updated: Oct-08-15 7:24 am
SRINAGAR, India - Lawmakers from India's ruling Hindu nationalist party in Kashmir kicked and punched an independent member of the state assembly on Thursday for hosting a party where he served beef.
- 4 Indian soldiers, 3 rebels killed in Kashmir fighting Updated: Oct-05-15 7:22 am
SRINAGAR, India - Four Indian army soldiers and three suspected rebels were killed in separate clashes in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir, police said Monday.
- India to Pakistan: 'Give up terrorism' and we can talk Updated: Oct-01-15 3:38 pm
NEW YORK - India delivered a blunt response Thursday to a peace proposal from Pakistan at the annual gathering of world leaders at the U.N.: "Give up terrorism" and we can talk.
- At UN, Pakistan PM proposes peace initiative with India Updated: Sep-30-15 2:40 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday proposed a new peace initiative with historical rival India.
- Police fire tear gas to quell anti-India protests in Kashmir Updated: Sep-25-15 6:03 am
SRINAGAR, India - Government forces fired tear gas and used batons to quell thousands of anti-India protesters who turned violent Friday after Eid prayers at mosques in the Indian portion of Kashmir, police said.
- Gunmen kill father and toddler in Indian-controlled Kashmir Updated: Sep-19-15 9:19 am
SRINAGAR, India - Gunmen have shot and killed a 3-year-old boy and his father in Indian-controlled Kashmir, police said Saturday.
- Pakistan army says India kills 2 civilians in Kashmir region Updated: Sep-17-15 1:11 pm
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's military says "unprovoked" Indian gunfire has killed two civilians in Pakistan's part of the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir.
- Protest shuts Kashmir after mysterious killings of 3 men Updated: Sep-16-15 3:45 am
SRINAGAR, India - The mysterious killing of three young men in conflict-wracked Kashmir prompted separatists fighting against Indian rule to call a general strike Wednesday in the Himalayan region.
- Hundreds protest beef ban in Indian-controlled Kashmir Updated: Sep-11-15 9:19 am
SRINAGAR, India - Hundreds of Kashmiris chanted anti-government slogans and hurled stones at police on Friday to protest a court ruling upholding a colonial-era law banning cow slaughter and the sale of beef in the Indian-controlled portion of Kashmir.