- AP staffers win prestigious Indian journalism awards Updated: Nov-25-15 6:06 am
NEW DELHI - Two Associated Press journalists are among the winners of the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards, India's most prestigious, for work exposing the public health and environmental damage done by the country's asbestos industry and capturing the devastation of last year's floods in the Kashmir region.
- Helicopter crash kills Hindu pilgrims in Indian Kashmir Updated: Nov-23-15 4:31 am
SRINAGAR, India - A helicopter flying pilgrims from a mountain temple dedicated to a Hindu goddess crashed Monday, killing seven people in the Indian-controlled portion of Kashmir.
- 1 dead in Kashmir protest as India's leader promises aid Updated: Nov-07-15 10:58 am
SRINAGAR, India - Protesters clashed with government troops in Indian-controlled Kashmir on Saturday, killing one demonstrator, shortly after Prime Minister Narendra Modi ended a daylong visit in which he promised $12 billion in aid to the troubled region.
- Indian police detain hundreds before Modi visits Kashmir Updated: Nov-04-15 6:21 am
SRINAGAR, India - Indian authorities detained key separatist leaders and hundreds of their supporters to prevent them from holding a protest rally during a visit by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Kashmir this weekend, police said Wednesday.
- India says 2 soldiers killed by Pakistani firing in Kashmir Updated: Nov-02-15 11:08 am
SRINAGAR, India - The Indian army says two of its soldiers were killed by Pakistani firing along the heavily militarized de facto border dividing Kashmir between the two countries.