- Dozens detained, life paralyzed by strike in Indian Kashmir Updated: Feb-11-16 5:29 am
SRINAGAR, India - Indian authorities detained dozens of Kashmiri activists and placed separatist leaders under house arrest Thursday to prevent them from holding anti-India protests to mark the anniversary of a top separatist leader's hanging more than three decades ago.
- Indian soldier dies after rescue from avalanche in Kashmir Updated: Feb-11-16 3:52 am
NEW DELHI - An Indian army soldier rescued after six days buried under deep snow by an enormous avalanche in the Himalayan region of Kashmir died Thursday in a hospital in the Indian capital.
- Pakistan commemorates 'Kashmir Day' Updated: Feb-05-16 9:49 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's Prime Minister on Friday called for resolving the lingering issue of Kashmir in accordance with U.N. Security Council resolutions, saying the credibility of the global organization will be at stake if it fails to implement its own decisions.
- Deadly clashes erupt between police, protesters in Kashmir Updated: Jan-20-16 9:14 am
SRINAGAR, India - Violent clashes between police and protesters erupted Wednesday in Indian-controlled Kashmir, leaving a man dead and two others wounded, officials said.
- Pakistani top militant in gov't custody over attack in India Updated: Jan-15-16 9:05 am
ISLAMABAD - The leader of an outlawed Pakistani militant group has been taken into "protective custody" amid a probe as to whether he is linked to a deadly attack earlier this month on an Indian air base, two security officials and a provincial minister said Friday.
- Bus falls into gorge in Indian-held Kashmir, killing 11 Updated: Jan-15-16 8:10 am
SRINAGAR, India - A bus fell from a mountainous road into a deep gorge in the Indian-controlled portion of Kashmir on Friday, killing at least 11 people and injuring 20 others, police said.
- India, Pakistan reschedule high-level peace talks Updated: Jan-14-16 7:48 am
NEW DELHI - India rescheduled high-level peace talks with Pakistan on Thursday while it evaluated actions taken by Islamabad against Pakistan-based insurgents it blames for an attack on an Indian air force base earlier this month.