- AP sources: Suns add Chandler, lock up Knight Updated: Jul-01-15 11:08 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns took care of their top offseason priority by bringing back Brandon Knight and added veteran frontcourt leadership in the form of Tyson Chandler.
- Man being questioned in case of missing Maricopa couple Updated: Jul-01-15 10:50 pm
MARICOPA, Arizona - Pinal County authorities were questioning a "person of interest" Wednesday night in the case of a Maricopa couple missing for more than a week.
- McCain, Flake send letter to Senate over flight path changes Updated: Jul-01-15 7:35 pm
PHOENIX - Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake of Arizona have sent a letter to some U.S. Senate committee members about the flight path changes at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
- Arizona appeals order granting DREAMers in-state tuition Updated: Jul-01-15 7:23 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich on Wednesday appealed a judge's ruling that said young immigrants granted deferred deportation status by the Obama administration were eligible for in-state college tuition.
- County denied new hearing over decision in profiling case Updated: Jul-01-15 5:06 am
PHOENIX - A federal appeals court has denied Maricopa County's request for another hearing over its decision to make the county a party in Sheriff Joe Arpaio's racial profiling case.
- Griner scores 23 in 1st home game, Mercury beats Stars Updated: Jul-01-15 12:27 am
- Analysis: Arizona child welfare agency still needs changes Updated: Jun-30-15 5:40 pm
PHOENIX - A new analysis released Tuesday shows Arizona's overhauled child welfare agency still needs major changes if it is to deal with rising caseloads, a growing number of children in out-of-home care and mistrust among community partners and the children it helps.
- Arizona gives back control of minimum wage to communities Updated: Jun-30-15 3:23 pm
PHOENIX - The state of Arizona has agreed to give back control over setting a local minimum wage to cities and counties as part of a settlement of a lawsuit that accuses the Legislature of taking away that power from communities.
- Man sentenced to prison in investment fraud case Updated: Jun-30-15 2:23 pm
PHOENIX - A man accused of defrauding Arizona investors of $229,000 through misrepresentations of short-term high yields from a gold mine and rare foreign bonds has been sentenced to more than 12 years in prison.
- Appeals court rules against Scottsdale on sign walker ban Updated: Jun-30-15 1:17 pm
PHOENIX - A state appellate court has ruled that Scottsdale can't prohibit sign walkers from holding, carrying and waving advertising signs on public streets and sidewalks
- Brief monsoon storm downs trees in Phoenix metro area Updated: Jun-30-15 10:37 am
PHOENIX - A brief monsoon storm that swept through the Phoenix area downed trees as it produced rain, lightning and thunder.
- Arizona widens another stretch of Phoenix-Las Vegas route Updated: Jun-30-15 5:02 am
PHOENIX - Arizona has widened another stretch of the highway that is the primary route between Phoenix and Las Vegas.
- Bullpen blows 4-run lead, Dodgers lose 10-6 to Diamondbacks Updated: Jun-30-15 3:48 am
PHOENIX - Mike Bolsinger was so sick he couldn't pitch past the fourth inning. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly didn't feel good, either, for a much different reason.
- Families, Arizona settle suit in deaths of 19 firefighters Updated: Jun-29-15 8:23 pm
PHOENIX - The state of Arizona settled a lawsuit Monday brought by a dozen families who lost loved ones when a Hotshot firefighting crew was overcome by a wildfire near the small community of Yarnell.
- Democratic Sen. McGuire says she'll explore 1st District run Updated: Jun-29-15 3:19 pm
PHOENIX - Democratic state Sen. Barbara McGuire says she's launching a committee to explore a run for the 1st Congressional District seat currently held by Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick.
- Apartment complex fire forces evacuation of dozens of units Updated: Jun-29-15 9:47 am
PHOENIX - Authorities in Phoenix scurried to assist residents of an apartment complex where an overnight fire forced the evacuation of dozens of units.
- 2 dead, 3 hurt in vehicle collision in south Phoenix Updated: Jun-28-15 5:49 pm
PHOENIX - Two people have died and four others, including two children, are hospitalized with life-threatening injuries following a vehicle collision in Phoenix.
- Phoenix hit by first dust storm of monsoon season Updated: Jun-28-15 5:07 pm
PHOENIX - The first big dust storm of the monsoon season slammed the Phoenix area on Saturday with winds snapping utility poles and leaving thousands without power.
- State kids reading program caught up in education dispute Updated: Jun-28-15 3:41 pm
PHOENIX - A tug-of-war over authority between the state Board of Education and Superintendent of Public Instruction Diane Douglas is impacting an Arizona kids' reading program.
- New Phoenix AC ordinance puts the heat on landlords Updated: Jun-28-15 6:17 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix officials are cracking down on owners of apartments without proper air conditioning as the weather continues to heat up.
- Maricopa County attorney can't pursue 'revenge porn' cases Updated: Jun-27-15 2:20 pm
PHOENIX - Ten cases involving so-called "revenge porn" have been going nowhere because Arizona lawmakers failed to amend the law in their last session, Maricopa County's top prosecutor said this week.
- Phoenix police officer accused of sexual assault, kidnapping Updated: Jun-27-15 1:56 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix police officer is being accused of sexual misconduct involving a woman in his custody.
- Health watch for air quality issued for Phoenix Updated: Jun-27-15 12:36 pm
PHOENIX - Maricopa County is putting restrictions on any open burning activities because of an air quality health watch issued by state environmental regulators.
- Man convicted of robbing Mesa cellphone stores gets prison Updated: Jun-26-15 8:44 pm
PHOENIX - A man convicted of robbing three Mesa cellphone stores and assaulting several employees has been sentenced to 38 years in prison.
- Suns' Booker sure doesn't talk like an 18-year-old Updated: Jun-26-15 8:09 pm
PHOENIX - Devin Booker was almost finished with his introductory news conference on Friday, patiently, confidently, concisely answering one question after another, a performance that belied his age.