- Fire damages Arizona saloon known for drawing Packer fans Updated: Nov-26-15 5:12 pm
CAVE CREEK, Arizona - A bar in metro Phoenix that serves as a gathering spot for fans of the Green Bay Packers was severely damaged by a fire that authorities have called suspicious.
- Gov. Ducey helped serve free Thanksgiving breakfast Updated: Nov-26-15 2:42 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey helped serve free Thanksgiving breakfast at an annual event at a south Phoenix McDonalds restaurant.
- No charges to be filed against driver in fatal hit-and-run Updated: Nov-26-15 12:37 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say no criminal charges will be filed against the driver of a semi-trailer truck involved in a hit-and-run collision in Phoenix that killed a woman.
- Woman arrested for abandoning 2 toddlers at a Phoenix motel Updated: Nov-26-15 5:02 am
PHOENIX - A woman has been accused of child abuse after two toddlers in her care were found alone at a Phoenix motel.
- Valley Metro board to meet, may seek police probe of CEO Updated: Nov-26-15 5:01 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix City Councilwoman Thelda Williams says she believes a police inquiry is warranted over Valley Metro chief operating officer Stephen Banta's reported irregularities in his expense accounts.
- Anthony Davis lead Pelicans past Suns, 120-114 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:58 pm
- Suns sign free-agent guard Bryce Cotton Updated: Nov-25-15 8:52 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns signed free-agent guard Bryce Cotton on Wednesday before their home game against the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Inmate kicks out police window, jumps onto Arizona freeway Updated: Nov-25-15 5:06 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Authorities in suburban Phoenix say a handcuffed and shackled inmate was seriously injured after he kicked out a window in a police transport van on a freeway and jumped out of the moving vehicle.
- Convict on the run since 2009 is extradited to Arizona Updated: Nov-24-15 8:15 pm
PHOENIX - A convict who escaped from a Maricopa County courthouse during his 2009 trial on sexual assault charges has been extradited to Arizona.
- Arizona health insurance co-op to close shop Dec. 31 Updated: Nov-24-15 7:58 pm
PHOENIX - Executives with Arizona's nonprofit health insurance co-op said Tuesday that they have failed to come up with additional financial backing and the insurer plans to shut down all operations Dec. 31.
- Metro Phoenix transit CEO resigns amid expense report probe Updated: Nov-24-15 7:53 pm
PHOENIX - The CEO of the Phoenix metropolitan area's bus and light-rail systems announced his resignation Tuesday amid a newspaper's investigation into his expense reports, which included first-class flights and expensive dinner and hotel tabs.
- Phoenix police: Man is fatally shot in tagging crews dispute Updated: Nov-24-15 7:52 pm
PHOENIX - Police in Phoenix say a confrontation between two members of rival tagging crews has ended in a fatal shooting.
- Police: Man wounded by return fire to face numerous charges Updated: Nov-24-15 12:50 pm
PHOENIX - Phoenix police say a suspect will face numerous felony charges once he's released from a hospital where he's being treated for wounds suffered when two officers shot back after he allegedly opened fire on them.
- Phoenix police: Man whose body was in vehicle was killed Updated: Nov-24-15 12:14 pm
PHOENIX - The death of a man whose body was found in a parked vehicle is being called a homicide.
- State plans Phoenix test project to combat wrong-way crashes Updated: Nov-23-15 7:24 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona transportation officials are responding to a flurry of deadly wrong-way crashes with a plan for a test project on a Phoenix freeway that includes using sensors to detect wrong-way drivers and alert authorities and other motorists.
- Authorities: Border agent had 110 pounds of cocaine in car Updated: Nov-23-15 5:25 pm
PHOENIX - A U.S. Border Patrol agent in Arizona has been arrested and charged after state troopers found 110 pounds of cocaine in his rental car that he planned to transport to Chicago, authorities said Monday.
- Correction: Skydiving Death story Updated: Nov-23-15 12:22 pm
MARICOPA, Arizona - In a story Nov. 22 about a skydiving death, The Associated Press, relying on information provided by the Pinal County Sheriff's Office, incorrectly spelled the first name of the victim. Her name is Geriann Henderson, not Jeriann Henderson.
- People escape fire after someone knocks on door as warning Updated: Nov-23-15 11:42 am
PHOENIX - Seven people were able to escape their Phoenix home after a bystander noticed flames and knocked on their door to warn them.
- Phoenix police: Little suspect information in fatal stabbing Updated: Nov-23-15 8:47 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix police say they have little to go on to help them identify a suspect in a stabbing death.
- 1 killed, 1 hurt in fiery vehicle crash in south Phoenix Updated: Nov-22-15 3:32 pm
PHOENIX - Firefighters say one person is dead and another has been injured in a two-car crash in Phoenix.
- US religious leaders make forceful appeal to admit refugees Updated: Nov-21-15 7:41 pm
In rare agreement across faith and ideological lines, leaders of major American religious groups have condemned proposed bans on Syrian refugees, contending a legitimate debate over security has been overtaken by irrational fear and prejudice.
- Roof overhang collapses in central Phoenix Updated: Nov-21-15 6:19 pm
PHOENIX - Phoenix firefighters are working to clear rubble from a roof overhang that collapsed onto the sidewalk.
- 1 dead in skydiving accident in Arizona Updated: Nov-21-15 5:50 pm
MARICOPA, Arizona - A skydiving student died and an instructor was injured in a tandem jump in Arizona, authorities said Saturday.
- Phoenix police investigating death of dog hung from a tree Updated: Nov-21-15 5:01 am
PHOENIX - Police in Phoenix are investigating the death of a dog that was found hung from a tree by a chain.
- MCSO: Wrong-way driver arrested after Interstate 17 pursuit Updated: Nov-21-15 5:01 am
PHOENIX - Authorities say they've arrested a wrong-way driver believed have been involved in a vehicle pursuit near Anthem.