- Former priest arrested in cold case known for compassion Updated: Feb-14-16 4:08 pm
PHOENIX - For nearly 20 years, John Feit was known around the St. Vincent de Paul nonprofit agency as one its most compassionate employees.
- Colorado hospital drug theft stirs patient tests in Phoenix Updated: Feb-14-16 12:45 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix hospital is offering free hepatitis and HIV testing to patients after discovering a former employee is accused of stealing pain medication at a Colorado facility.
- Glendale man arrested for DUI after fatally hitting woman Updated: Feb-14-16 11:14 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Glendale police say a man driving with a suspended license has been arrested in a fatal collision with a pedestrian.
- Woman hit, killed by vehicle near Phoenix intersection Updated: Feb-14-16 11:06 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix police say a woman who was jaywalking was struck and killed by an oncoming vehicle.
- Counselors on hand at Phoenix-area school day after shooting Updated: Feb-13-16 3:31 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Social workers offered counsel to students at a suburban Phoenix high school Saturday, a day after two 15-year-old girls died there in a murder-suicide shooting.
- 1 killed, 1 wounded in shooting at Phoenix house party Updated: Feb-13-16 11:43 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix police say a shooting erupted at a house party, leaving one person dead and another seriously wounded.
- Tempe gets 2nd life prison sentence in a cold case homicide Updated: Feb-12-16 8:37 pm
PHOENIX - A Tempe man already serving life in prison for the 2010 shooting death of his ex-girlfriend has been sentenced to a consecutive life term for a cold case homicide.
- The Latest: Arizona school shooting was murder-suicide Updated: Feb-12-16 7:18 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Latest on a shooting at a high school in a Phoenix suburb (all times local):
- Phoenix man gets 25-year prison term in toddler's death Updated: Feb-12-16 5:44 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man accused in the death of his girlfriend's young daughter has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
- Legislature could take $200 million from school districts Updated: Feb-12-16 5:34 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona school districts could lose more than $200 million a year if the Legislature passes a measure to phase out funding used to provide an equal opportunity education to minority students.
- Wading into Golfapalooza: the Phoenix Open's 16th hole Updated: Feb-12-16 5:07 pm
SCOTTDALE, Arizona - John Huh studied the shot from every angle before crouching behind his ball for a last look.
- Obstacles abound in prosecution of Texas priest in cold case Updated: Feb-12-16 4:58 pm
HOUSTON - Prosecutors face a tough road in their case against a former priest accused this week in the killing of a young Texas teacher and beauty queen nearly 56 years ago, according to legal experts.
- Major Phoenix artery partially reopens after accident Updated: Feb-12-16 11:22 am
PHOENIX - A fatal collision closed part of a major Phoenix traffic artery during the Friday morning commute.
- Senate gives initial OK to small photo radar ban Updated: Feb-12-16 8:10 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate has given initial approval to a bill banning photo radar on state highways that will affect just two cities.
- UA College of Medicine moves closer to full accreditation Updated: Feb-12-16 5:00 am
PHOENIX - The University of Arizona's College of Medicine in Phoenix is one step closer to getting full accreditation.
- Record highs recorded in Phoenix, Tucson, Prescott, Yuma Updated: Feb-11-16 7:38 pm
PHOENIX - The winter heat is on in Arizona.
- Suns assign McRae to Bakersfield of D-League Updated: Feb-11-16 5:09 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns assigned guard Jordan McRae to the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA Development League on Thursday, and said he will play in the D-League All-Star Game on Saturday in Toronto.
- Tempe Town Lake along Salt River being emptied for new dam Updated: Feb-11-16 4:03 pm
Tempe Town Lake, a 16-year-old manmade creation that transformed a 2-mile stretch of the normally dry Salt River bed into a place for public recreation and relaxation along with spurring economic development around downtown Tempe, is slowly being emptied so its current dam can be replaced with a new one.
- Migrant advocates decry Arizona bills targeting immigrants Updated: Feb-11-16 3:31 pm
PHOENIX - A migrant justice organization spoke out against a wave of legislation targeting immigrants Thursday as an Arizona House panel passed a bill that would cut off state shared revenue from municipalities that obstruct immigration enforcement.
- The Latest: Red Cross opens shelter for displaced residents Updated: Feb-11-16 1:57 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on a fire at a Phoenix apartment complex (all times local):
- Peoria police: Homeowner interrupts burglary, shoots suspect Updated: Feb-11-16 1:41 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - Peoria police say two burglary suspects rang a home's doorbell before they broke a window and had begun entering the home when the homeowner shot and wounded one of them.
- Police: Stolen vehicle crashes; 1 suspect caught, 2nd sought Updated: Feb-11-16 8:44 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix police have apprehended one person but are looking for a second suspect in a carjacking and subsequent crash.
- Flu now widespread in Arizona; over 3,700 cases reported Updated: Feb-11-16 8:36 am
PHOENIX - State health officials say the flu is now widespread in Arizona.
- Curry flirts with triple-double, Warriors top Suns 112-104 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:43 am
PHOENIX - The Golden State-Phoenix mismatch wasn't the blowout most expected, just another routine Warriors victory.
- Surprise police: 2 women found dead in home now identified Updated: Feb-10-16 9:09 pm
SURPRISE, Arizona - Two women were found fatally shot inside a home in the Phoenix suburb of Surprise, and police were investigating the possibility of a home invasion Wednesday.