- Man accused of helping in Texas attack wants evidence tossed Updated: Oct-06-15 7:56 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona man charged with helping plan an attack on a Prophet Muhammad cartoon contest in Texas has asked a judge to throw out evidence from his interview with investigators two days after the attack.
- Storms drop up to an inch of rain on parts of metro Phoenix Updated: Oct-06-15 7:53 pm
PHOENIX - A line of thunderstorms dropped up to an inch of rain on parts of the Phoenix metropolitan area Tuesday and flooded roads on the Navajo Nation east of Flagstaff.
- ASU asks fans not to paint faces at football games Updated: Oct-06-15 12:03 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona State University is preparing for its annual "blackout" game where fans wear black to match their team's uniforms, but the school has asked fans to refrain from painting their faces.
- Pilot who fell ill on flight, later died was from Phoenix Updated: Oct-06-15 2:43 am
PHOENIX - An American Airlines pilot who became incapacitated on a flight from Phoenix to Boston and later died has been identified.
- Officials: Suspect in Peoria freeway shooting possessed meth Updated: Oct-05-15 6:08 pm
PHOENIX - A man suspected in a drive-by shooting on a metro Phoenix freeway last weekend possessed methamphetamine when he was arrested and told state police that people were following him, according to court documents released Monday.
- Man arrested in death of dog left in vehicle at sports bar Updated: Oct-05-15 4:25 pm
PHOENIX - A Scottsdale man was arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty after his dog died when left in a vehicle outside a sports bar.
- Ex-Phoenix police officer gets prison term in Ponzi scheme Updated: Oct-05-15 4:09 pm
PHOENIX - A former Phoenix police officer has been sentenced to five years in prison for his involvement in a million-dollar Ponzi scheme.
- Former Suns center Neal Walk dead at 67 Updated: Oct-05-15 3:50 pm
PHOENIX - Neal Walk, a tough center on the early Phoenix Suns teams who became an inspirational speaker after losing the use of his legs, has died at age 67.
- Phoenix man sentenced to 5 years in prison in fraud scheme Updated: Oct-05-15 2:32 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man has been sentenced to five years in prison for his role in a Ponzi scheme in which more than $1 million was stolen from 15 families.
- Arizona man awaiting sentencing in tax case dies in Florida Updated: Oct-05-15 12:54 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say an Arizona businessman awaiting sentencing in a federal tax case has died in Florida of a heart attack after being stricken while on a cruise allowed by a judge.
- Mother of murder suspects arrested for helping them escape Updated: Oct-05-15 12:21 pm
PHOENIX - Federal officials say a mother who helped her children evade murder charges has been captured near the Arizona-Mexico border.
- Phoenix firefighters rescue trapped woman from car in canal Updated: Oct-05-15 11:26 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix firefighters rescued a 24-year-old woman who was trapped insider her car in a canal.
- Driver dies after car crashes into utility pole in Phoenix Updated: Oct-05-15 10:30 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix firefighters say one person has died after a car crashed into a utility pole.
- Authorities investigate freeway shooting in Phoenix suburb Updated: Oct-03-15 3:39 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - Authorities are investigating the possible shooting of a vehicle on a metro Phoenix freeway.
- Suspect in 2014 hookah lounge murder caught in Arizona Updated: Oct-02-15 10:00 pm
PHOENIX - The U.S. Marshals Service says it has arrested a suspect in a murder outside a hookah lounge in the San Diego area last year.
- Arizona sheriff insists he wasn't investigating judge Updated: Oct-02-15 9:30 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona sheriff accused of launching a secret investigation into a judge in a failed bid to get him booted from a racial profiling case insisted in court Friday that the judge wasn't the target of the examination.
- The Latest: Arpaio's contempt hearing to resume Thursday Updated: Oct-02-15 9:20 pm
PHOENIX - The latest on a hearing to decide whether an Arizona sheriff should be held in contempt for his defiance of a court order to stop his signature immigration patrols (all times local):
- Warmer than usual monsoon season ends in Arizona Updated: Oct-02-15 6:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona monsoon season came to a very warm end this week with record-setting temperatures and a patchwork of rain-soaked cities.
- Truck fire causes lengthy closure of 2-mile stretch of I-17 Updated: Oct-02-15 11:20 am
PHOENIX - A two-mile stretch of Interstate 17 in north Phoenix was closed for about six hours overnight after a cement truck caught fire.
- Stun gun used on store employee; suspects arrested later Updated: Oct-02-15 10:57 am
BUCKEYE, Arizona - Buckeye police say three people were arrested after a stun gun was used on a home-improvement store employee who tried to prevent the theft of painting equipment.
- Arizona Army National Guard unit deploying to Kuwait Updated: Oct-02-15 9:14 am
PHOENIX - An Arizona Army National Guard unit is deploying to Kuwait to support operations against Islamic State fighters.
- Phoenix bus operators to vote on contract next week Updated: Oct-02-15 6:11 am
PHOENIX - City of Phoenix officials say the union that represents area bus operators will vote on a final contract offer next week.
- Rockies lose late 2-run lead, swept by Diamondbacks 4-3 Updated: Oct-02-15 2:37 am
PHOENIX - Every game in the series was close. And in every one, the Colorado Rockies came up short.
- Castillo's 2-run double lifts Diamondbacks past Rockies, 8-6 Updated: Oct-02-15 2:19 am
PHOENIX - It turns out the Arizona Diamondbacks will have something to play for after all in their final series of the 2015 season.
- Suspect in some Phoenix freeway shootings pleads not guilty Updated: Oct-01-15 10:26 pm
PHOENIX - A man accused in some of the freeway shootings that put Phoenix drivers on edge for weeks pleaded not guilty Thursday as his defense lawyers questioned the strength of the evidence against him.