- Officials breach levee to open wetlands to salmon recovery Updated: Aug-28-15 10:46 am
EVERETT, Washington - Bulldozers have removed about 1,500 linear feet of a levee in the Snohomish River Estuary in order to reopen 350 acres of historic wetlands to threaten salmon.
- UW Bothell professors, former student make math discovery Updated: Aug-27-15 5:29 am
BOTHELL, Washington - Two mathematics professors and one of their former students at the University of Washington Bothell have discovered a rare geometry pattern that could have applications in crystallography or self-assembling nanomachines.
- Everett high school bans apparel from non-Seattle teams Updated: Aug-26-15 10:28 am
EVERETT, Washington - Mariner High School in south Everett is prohibiting students from wearing sports jerseys or apparel from non-Seattle area teams.
- Securities officials go after Bellevue developer Updated: Aug-24-15 4:49 pm
SEATTLE - The Securities and Exchange Commission filed a complaint and sought a restraining order Monday against the head of an investment firm, saying he bilked more than 250 Chinese investors out of millions of dollars on two real estate projects - a skyscraper in downtown Seattle and a development in Everett.
- Snohomish County residents drawn to solar power Updated: Aug-24-15 12:43 pm
EVERETT, Washington - Solar energy is growing in Snohomish County with nearly 800 Public Utility District consumers who have installed solar systems.
- Snohomish swamped with request for data from county phones Updated: Aug-24-15 5:22 am
EVERETT, Washington - Snohomish County is working to fulfill a public records request asking for all data from government-issued cellphones.
- Foreign coins from 6 continents show up in fare boxes Updated: Aug-23-15 6:14 am
EVERETT, Washington - Fiji showed up the other day.
- State tries to combat smell from pier work in Mukilteo Updated: Aug-21-15 4:49 am
MULKITEO, Washington - After some Mukilteo residents complained of pier work creating headache-inducing fumes, the Washington Department of Ecology has approved a plan to combat the stench.
- Attorney general cracks down on unauthorized immigration aid Updated: Aug-19-15 6:18 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state Attorney General Bob Ferguson announced Wednesday that he has taken action against four companies accused of offering fraudulent legal services to immigrants.
- TV chef Gordon Ramsay competes in Lake Stevens triathlon Updated: Aug-18-15 6:14 am
LAKE STEVENS, Washington - Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay is known for challenges in the kitchen, but he was in Lake Stevens for a different kind of competition.
- Man, 18, arrested in Everett drive-by shooting; teen injured Updated: Aug-17-15 1:49 pm
EVERETT, Washington - The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office says an 18-year-old man has been arrested after a 15-year-old boy was injured in a drive-by shooting.
- Urn stolen during auto theft is returned to Everett cemetery Updated: Aug-16-15 6:32 pm
EVERETT, Washington - Thieves who stole a man's car last week - and with it an urn containing his father's ashes - anonymously returned the urn to a cemetery in Everett.
- Top draft prospect Matthews headed to Switzerland Updated: Aug-14-15 5:33 pm
MONTREAL - The idea to play pro hockey with the Zurich Lions was sparked in April when Auston Matthews led the U.S. team to a gold medal in the world under-18 championship.
- Family pleads for return of ashes taken in car theft Updated: Aug-14-15 1:44 pm
EVERETT, Washington - A family in mourning is now dealing with another loss after their relative's ashes were taken in a car theft in Everett.
- Federal judge orders school district to pay legal fees Updated: Aug-13-15 11:11 am
EVERETT, Washington - A federal judge has ordered the Everett School District to pay more than $120,000 in legal fees to settle a dispute with a Cascade High School student.
- Snohomish County considers Paine Field expansion Updated: Aug-12-15 6:17 am
EVERETT, Washington - Snohomish County leaders are considering an expansion of Paine Field's display of vintage airplanes.
- Man who broke into courthouse sentenced to 15 months Updated: Aug-11-15 1:10 pm
EVERETT, Washington - A judge has ordered a man who broke into the Snohomish County courthouse and ransacked a refrigerator to spend 15 months in prison.
- No start date set in Everett as teacher negotiations go on Updated: Aug-07-15 6:11 pm
EVERETT, Washington - Parents and students in Everett still don't know what day school will start this fall.
- French horn returned to Washington state woman after 5 years Updated: Aug-05-15 5:20 pm
MUKILTEO, Washington - A Mukilteo woman has her French horn back, five years after it was stolen out of her car.
- Former Everett firefighter gets 8 months for sex crimes Updated: Aug-01-15 9:49 am
SEATTLE - A former Everett firefighter accused of agreeing to pay for sex with a 15-year-old girl has been sentenced to eight months in jail for sex crimes.
- Counties find most 911 texts accidental, pranks Updated: Jul-30-15 6:14 am
EVERETT, Washington - Washington counties that allow people to text 911 instead of dial are finding many messages are bogus.