- UN envoy to Syria: Peace talks not set to resume for weeks Updated: May-26-16 2:55 pm
GENEVA - The U.N. envoy for Syria plans a resumption of peace talks "as soon as feasible" between the government and opposition, but he set no new date and expects that it will "certainly not" come within the next two to three weeks, his office said Thursday.
- The Latest: UN says 50,000 civilians in Fallujah at risk Updated: May-23-16 3:03 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - The Latest on a violent day in the Middle East, with deadly bombings in Syria and Yemen and the start of an Iraqi government offensive to retake the city of Fallujah from the Islamic State group (all times local):
- Hezbollah credits slain commander for Syrian forces' gains Updated: May-20-16 1:10 pm
BEIRUT - The Lebanese militant Hezbollah group has credited its slain top military commander for the recent advances made by Syrian government forces.
- In Greek seaside resort, refugees see dreams put on hold Updated: May-14-16 6:26 am
MYRSINI, Greece - At the end of a long, straight road on the coastal flats between the southern Greek village of Myrsini and the Ionian Sea sits a refugee shelter that could have popped out of a travel brochure.
- US once again forced to turn to Russia for help on Syria Updated: May-01-16 4:15 pm
GENEVA - Scrambling to resuscitate a nearly dead truce in Syria, the Obama administration has again been forced to turn to Russia for help, with little hope for the desired U.S. outcome.